cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Sound balancing & more volume settings

Ideas: Sound balancing & more volume settings

Alchron
On the Rise

Not sure where to post this but it would be a suggestion, but is there a way that a feature can be implemented where music output can be balanced to a similar sound level? Mainly with older music will be quieter then the remastered version due to how it was recorded.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
43 Comments
bkengland
Opening Act

Agreed there should be some response from Pandora on this, given that it's clearly a bug or missed step in materials processing! If the problem is you can't go through your entire library to fix this (though I think you should), you could at least provide a reporting mechanism for any given track playing at low volume. Then at least some fo the tracks could be fixed.

OBee
Local Performer

Pandora needs volume leveling. End of story. As Nike would say, just do it! Save your excuses. It's gotten old. 

Majorbuzz
Opening Act

I would love to see Pandora utilize compression like terrestrial radio uses so that all songs being played will essentially be heard at the same volume level.

I've seen tons of people requesting this in the community dating back several years, but Pandora doesn't seem to be interested in incorporating it.

If you agree with me, please comment here. Thanks! 🙂

joelkfla
Local Performer

This has been my biggest complaint with Pandora,  since I first started using the service.  Surely it can't be too difficult for Pandora to simply scan their library and permanently adjust the mean volume for each song to some standard.

TeQuilYa
Local Performer

Request for roku/firestick/chrometv apps:  please allow me to adjust the volume of the app in relation to others.  I just stopped using pandora on those devices altogether, it is jarring that pandora's volume seems double or triple any other app (ie: I was comparing to hulu and disneyplus on those devices).

(note that the windows 10 desktop app has this Pandora volume adjustment and it is much appreciated)

aquariusX2
Local Performer

Yet another request for volume leveling on 6/24/21. So annohying. What up Pandora??? Do it please.

Alith7
Local Performer

Add another request 8/27/21.

It's been almost 2 years now Pandora, even my cheap TV has volume leveling, why is this not something you can offer us?

81up
Local Performer

When I upgraded to Pandora Premium, albums started playing at very different levels. Sometimes as much as 30 db between albums.  The Pandora  replay gain doesn't seem to be working.  This issue does not occur with any other media.  I have had Samsung product support check out all my settings on the TV as well as the sound bar. All okay there.  Can you put in a sound equalizer?

bilbokg5
Local Performer

Why is it when you stream music it’s all the same volume level, but when you listen to download music every song has a different level of volume? I think Pandora should add a loudness normalization feature for downloaded music.

Michael3442
Local Performer

Please normalize or level the volume of songs between tracks.

My wife and I like to go to sleep listening to Pandora. However, the sound output of one song to another is not normalized or leveled. If I'm listening to one song and about to doze off, there's a good chance the next song to be played comes on much louder and I have to stumble around on my night stand to reach for my phone and lower the volume, or vice versa. This normalizing or leveling should be easy for Pandora to implement and the lack of it has me looking to other services that do normalize the sound. Please fix this.