Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Standalone Samsung Galaxy Watch App

Ideas: Standalone Samsung Galaxy Watch App

redheadjenn79
Underground

Pandora > Spotify!

Please create a native app for the Samsung Galaxy watches!

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
254 Comments
Almulder
Local Performer

This is never going to happen. It's been 3 years of people asking for it. And they are not even thinking about it. It's time we all leave pandora and join Spotify. Atleast they listened to their customers. Pandora could care less about us. 

XavierSilvestr
Local Performer
Already gave up and made the change.
OVGC
Local Performer
Its the contract they have with spotify

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android
Dj087159
Local Performer

Make an app for galaxy watches, seriously is the loss of business and money to competitors not important

KevlarSanti
Local Performer

Been wanting to use a Galaxy with it's own cellular service for working out and other activities foe a long time, but you can't run Pandora with still having your phone on you. Please make an app for Galaxy Watches

OVGC
Local Performer
Yes it makes no sence that you can have pandora on your galaxy phone but not the galaxy watch. That was one of the reasons I got the watch only to find out later they dont have an app. It truly **ahem**.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android
KevlarSanti
Local Performer

UPDATE!!! GALAXY WATCH 4 HAS STAND ALONE CAPABILITY! I landed up upgrading to a galaxy watch4 classic (all galaxy watch 4's have the same os) and it uses Google play store which has pandora for the watch. I have cellular service on the watch but I'm sure a non cellular watch could run on wifi. So it lacks some functions such as Playlist, but I can shutoff my phone. Open pandora on my watch and listen to stations and also shuffle stations. It's a 90% solution but I'll take it. 

Pandora! Add Playlist functionality to the watch app and we're there! 

MeccaMike
Local Performer

Saw this post and promptly loaded Pandora onto my Galaxy Watch 4.  After the initial connection via the phone (Pandora account login) I was able to see my recent stations on the watch.  Then I turned bluetooth off on my phone and Pandora on the watch seemed to get lost wouldn't restart.  After some fiddling around, killing the app on the watch and cleaning up, I was able to get Pandora to play standalone on my watch with my phone's bluetooth turned off (to verify the watch was playing standalone). I will say the watch app is a little fragile at this point, but it's a start.  Good to see they finally listened.

kwilliams55113
Local Performer

Please add a Pandora standalone app to the Galaxy Watches!

Pyroco
Local Performer

This would be a game-changer for my Active 2! I wouldn't have to lug around my hueg A32 for workouts if I had my offline playlists all on my watch.