cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standalone app for Apple Watch

Standalone app for Apple Watch

ylouka
Underground

How can I listen to pandora through my Bluetooth headphones on my Apple Watch while exercising without having my phone around ? I have cellular service on my Apple Watch but still not working

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
8 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @ylouka thanks for posting to the community feature request forum. 🎧

The Pandora app for Apple Watch does not support standalone playback for watches with cellular data.

For now, you can use the Pandora app for Apple Watch to launch and control the Pandora app on your iPhone. Additionally, subscribers can also download content directly to Apple Watch for offline listening. 

If you'd like to see a standalone app for Pandora, I would recommend editing your post for this idea.

Don't forget to like ❤️the ides you'd like to see on Pandora. 

Thanks again for being part of community! 

ylouka
Underground

Thank you 

ylouka
Underground

The whole purpose of having an apple watch is not having to hold my iPhone during exercise. I only use Pandora for music during my exercise so I would like to be able to use it on my apple watch please without having to have my iPhone nearby.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ylouka Thank you for your suggestion - let's see what the rest of the community has to say about this one! 💡

coltnm
Local Performer

Completely agree!  Most annoying for me is that I have to wake my phone everytime I want to add a song to my collection.  It would be a boost to the utility of the app to have important functions available on the apple watch instead of needing to access your phone.  Thanks

natalienelson
Local Performer

I completely agree. I got an Apple Watch for running to stream my favorite pandora stations. I was dumbfounded to learn that is not possible. Please make this possible. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Closed Ideas

Hello All! Happy to announce that a standalone app is now available for the Apple Watch. 

For more information on the standalone app, check out this article from our Products Highlights page. 🎉