cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Stop automatic station adds when playing them for the first time

Ideas: Stop automatic station adds when playing them for the first time

Starsha
Underground

I've recently come back to Pandora have been loving all the new features that have been added since I last used it.  However, one thing I'm finding that's a bit annoying is that every single thing I've searched for and played gets saved to My Collection.  I would prefer to be able to decide what goes in there so as to avoid it getting junked up unnecessarily with music I may have just listened to once and didn't like or radios that are a similar genre.  I realize I can remove them from my collection, but I don't want to have to do that all the time.  Is there anything I can do stop having everything automatically added?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Labels (1)
30 Comments
TannerPandora

Hi @Starsha, thanks for posting to community. 

Sorry for any inconvenience, unfortunately, this is currently not a feature of Pandora. When you press play on a station, the station will be automatically be added to your collection. 

If you'd like to see this feature added to Pandora I recommend visiting the Feature Request board. This is the best place to post new ideas and feedback. You can find the FR board by clicking here

Thank you for being part of community. 

jbkite
Local Performer

This is more than an inconvenience. I am paying for your premium service. It makes no sense that Pandora automatically adds stations to my collection. What is the point of having a collection if you are going to screw with it. It is a real pain to go back and delete stations that you checked out for only a few minutes. At least make this a setting. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jbkite I went ahead and converted this thread into a feature request.

If you'd like to see this option added to the service, make sure to upvote this thread with a ❤️.

Hope this helps! :pandora:

superbowldad
Local Performer

Prevent Stations from being added to My Collection

When I go to play music, it is taking extra time to find the Station I want to play.  I noticed there are nearly 300 stations under "My Collection".  I'm looking for a way to prevent Stations from being added to "My Collection" or an easier way to remove them.  I just logged into my computer and had to click ~300 times to remove the ones that were there.  After that I noticed that the setting "Artist Audio Messages" removes the Station if you disable it.  Not sure how/if that changes the auto memory feature.  On my iPhone 11 I still see the ~300 stations.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@superbowldad I moved your post into this existing feature request: Stop automatic station adds when playing them for the first time

Make sure to give this thread a ❤️to express your interest in seeing it added to the service as well.

Regarding your suggestion for an easier way to remove stations from your collection, I recommend upvoting this feature request as well: Bulk Add / Edit / Delete Content (Stations, Playlists, Thumbs)

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

bobwasson
Local Performer

no idea where all of the stations in "my collection" came from, I shouldn't need to spend all of this time deleting them.  What's up?

jmomalley44
Local Performer

I used to rely on Pandora to introduce me to new music and fulfill my desire for the familiar. I connected my Pandora account to my TV and Echo Dots. I will not delete the 300+ stations added by children and house guests. It is as simple as this, the absence of a Bulk Delete feature and Don’t Auto Add to Collection have made Pandora unusable for me. I will have make do with Amazon Music.

bradndallas
Local Performer

Agree, VERY annoying.  I'll also add that editing is horrible.  I should be able to select multiple stations using checkboxes, then delete many stations at once.  Really bad user experience.

faztang
Underground

Agreed this is silly. My son sometimes hijacks my account and starts playing random station and they all get added to my collection automatically.  You have a remove from collection button, how hard is it to add an "add to collection" button?