cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Surround Sound/ Multi Room experience

Ideas: Surround Sound/ Multi Room experience

SchorchedSun
Underground

I'm not really sure if this is the correct place for this or not but, I have an android app feature request that I believe would be both technically possible and possibly highly profitable.  I would like to see the ability to sync devices logged in under the same account to the same exact Playlist/Station etc... giving users the ability to create a surround soundish experience or multi room experience.  I do understand that this may conflict with your pricing strategy and the improvements you have made to limit the number of devices a user can log in from however, I believe that your clever programming team could come up with a way to allow this to be a paid add on or premium feature and the devices could be limited as well.  Plus if successful I believe it would actually increase both app usage and customer base.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
3 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas
Hi @SchorchedSun! Thanks for your post!

We’re always looking to improve, and getting feedback like this definitely helps with that.

Thanks for being a part of our Community!
emailsich
Opening Act

I agree with this concept....  But I don't understand how it would work....  How do you get multiple devices to sink and play the same song in multiple rooms of the house...  A fraction of a second lag time would create horrible echo, to start with, would be unsurmountable problem....  Let me know if you figure it out....

TheBickersons44
Local Performer

Use Google Cast to create a speaker group.