cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Previous Song Button to Repeat Song

Use Previous Song Button to Repeat Song

jeffhandley
Underground

When using Pandora through CarPlay (and presumably Android Auto), the Previous Song button on the steering wheel does nothing.  And instead of seeing the Previous Song icon on the screen, the menu icon shows up with the ability to Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down the song.  I'd like to see the Repeat Song feature available through these functions.

First, on the menu -- I should be able to hit Repeat Song on the screen.

Second, from the steering where -- I should be able to use the Previous Song button on my steering wheel to repeat the song.

At present, without this feature, I have to use my phone screen to repeat the song.  This happens most when I get out of the car mid-song and then return to the car--I'd like to repeat that song.  Or, if a phone call comes in and after the phone call I'd like to repeat the song.  Especially since I use Wireless CarPlay, it would be spectacular to be able to repeat the song without using my phone screen.

Thank you for the consideration!

Labels (1)
3 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @jeffhandley! Thanks for posting and for the feedback.

Would you mind sending over a photo fo what you you're seeing when you mention "instead of seeing the Previous Song icon on the screen, the menu icon shows up with the ability to Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down the song."

Are you seeing this in the CarPlay home screen?

Thanks for the clarification! 

jeffhandley
Underground

I meant on the CarPlay screen for Pandora.  When opening the menu, it would be nice to have Replay Song available in the menu, along with Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down.

29027EBE-1DA7-466F-A1C7-FAB1830BF7B1.png

A5E46F22-E009-434F-B86F-AB78ED3D1A9A.png

At present, Replay Song is only available on the phone’s screen.

8BD56CCE-D634-4183-9488-2EB72D4706BF.png

Having Replay Song available from the CarPlay Home screen would also be nice, but I think it's more important for it to be in the app's screen on CarPlay.

PorpoiseHork
Underground

Having the ability to repeat in wired Carplay should be basic. It works with Apple Music, Amazon Music, and Spotify with no problem. Not so with Pandora. You can only repeat from the phone app or using bluetooth audio. Forcing repeat from the phone phone only forces you to fiddle with your phone while driving and creates a potentially dangerous distraction for the driver.  This functionality works in Android auto... Why not Carplay?