cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wavelet - Audio Session Broadcasting

Wavelet - Audio Session Broadcasting

Yoinx
Underground

Would it be possible for the Android app to implement audio session broadcasting?

There's an app that is using the dynamic effects apis in Android now to provide equalizer effects. However, since Pandora does not implement these broadcasts (many other music apps already do) the functionality does not work fully. See opening and closing sessions here: https://developer.android.com/reference/android/media/audiofx/AudioEffect#ACTION_OPEN_AUDIO_EFFECT_C...

Labels (1)
5 Comments
AlyssaPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @Yoinx. 👋 

This isn't a feature but we appreciate your idea! Thanks so much for sharing your request with the community. 🎵

Yoinx
Underground

Thank you. Yeah, I agree it's not a feature directly... However it would enable third party equalizer tools (like wavelet) to more effectively provide equalizer functions for Pandora music.

Thanks for moving/relabeling this!

amped94
Local Performer

I second this request. Looks like a one liner to implement this as well so it wouldn't require a whole lot of time for the devs to implement!

hsberg
Local Performer

I third this request. This is what is currently barring me from being a full-time user, alongside another bug which is already being managed.