cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

Peterwwjd
Underground

I sometimes forget that I have a song already in a playlist and when I add a song already in my playlist it will duplicate it and not let me know its already in a specific  playlist I am choosing to add it.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
117 Comments
AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

@Peterwwjd I moved your post to our Feature Request space since this is not yet a feature. Thanks for your suggestion! 

e31b773f
Local Performer

Same thing happens in the web app also. It will be really helpful if you could implement the way to remove the duplicates and even better if you can prevent duplicate additions

LastDJ
Opening Act

Totally agree with e31b773f - web app still allows you to add duplicates to a playlist.  It seems that the app on iOS has been fixed, but it is still a problem with the web app

biskethed
Local Performer

Agree Strongly with e31b773f. Other services have a check box to prevent adding duplicates to a playlist, unless you approve the duplicate. Please please add this to Pandora.

rrtoday
Local Performer

Strongly agree. I appreciate this feature in other music services, especially on larger playlists.

bubsquareda
Local Performer

please stop duplicates from being able to be

@Peterwwjd wrote:

I sometimes forget that I have a song already in a playlist and when I add a song already in my playlist it will duplicate it and not let me know its already in a specific  playlist I am choosing to add it.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

added

pugmac
Opening Act

This is critical to have, it should be a basic feature IMO.

nedloh
Local Performer

I 100% agree. This feature should be a basic aspect of the Pandora application on any platform. Every other competitor service has this and it is honestly the main reason I feel like leaving Pandora sometimes. Please implement this as soon as possible............

Mighty68
Local Performer

So I really enjoy the ways that Pandora allows me to discover new music.  This duplication is kinda a hot mess though. I keep a running list called "try me" which i add songs to from various sources including recommendations from my friends and colleagues and also other playlist like "the drop" that pandora creates for me.  Unfortunately duplicates keep popping up. then i realize I have them duplicated in the playlist they have "graduated to" from the try me playlist.... then my head starts spinning .... etc...

I guess I just assumed that there would not be duplicates in playlists. I can't find a particularly logical reason to want to have the same song repeated within a playlist. I definitely can't see this as being the default (and only possible behavior).

chiquegeek
Local Performer

Please implement this! It frustrates me that Pandora doesn't tell you when you are adding a duplicate song.