cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

Peterwwjd
Underground

I sometimes forget that I have a song already in a playlist and when I add a song already in my playlist it will duplicate it and not let me know its already in a specific  playlist I am choosing to add it.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
117 Comments
Drew_Lito
Local Performer

Can we expedite this feature? It's been over a year since this got suggested, but still no implementation.  Doesn't seem like it would be hard to implement either, speaking from a coding point of view, and it would add much needed functionality, decrease frustration and prevent user-abandonment

metafaniel
Local Performer

Indeed. Please take the time to work in this much needed feature. Thanks in advance.

jmeloche2214
Underground

Can you make it so you can't duplicate songs on a playlist? For instance when I try to add a song to playlist, and the song is already on that playlist, a message pops up saying this song is already there and doesn't add it again to the playlist. Seems obvious... But it's difficult to remember what songs are on there. Thanks

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jmeloche2214 I moved your post over to this existing feature request: Prevent duplicate songs on playlists

Make sure to upvote this thread with a ❤️to express your interest in seeing it added to the service as well.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

redvii
Local Performer

This post was made in 2019, I just subscribed to Pandora and I realized this is still not a feature. Please make this happen - it's absolutely crucial to remove/prevent duplicates. YouTube music and Spotify both take care of this quite easily.

Ungasp
Local Performer

Could not agree more...so disappointed that I cannot prevent duplicates on playlists when adding them from the website. I can do from my iPhone app, but not from the web. Makes zero sense. Come on Pandora...

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

TannerPandora
Status changed to: Closed Ideas

Hi all! Thank you for posting your comments and voting on this feature request!

With Pandora version 2107.1, this feature is now live on Android! Here's how to update the Pandora app on your Android device: 

1. Tap your profile avatar in the top right corner.
  2. Select Manage apps & device.
  3. Then tap Manage and scroll to Pandora for updates.

Tip: In some cases, you may need to restart your device to update an app.

Example:

Android - Duplicate Song Message.png

LHPandora
Local Performer

This is a simple feature request - come on, Pandora, get it done!

FinReal
Local Performer

This is literally the only feature that I feel the product is lacking. I mean, something simple to be able to remove duplicates with a button would work too.

It's been 2 years, I could write it myself if you have an api or something.