cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

Ideas: Notification for duplicate songs within playlists on web

Peterwwjd
Underground

I sometimes forget that I have a song already in a playlist and when I add a song already in my playlist it will duplicate it and not let me know its already in a specific  playlist I am choosing to add it.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
117 Comments
sybil8890
Local Performer

I created a playlist with about 50 songs and now my playlist has over 300 songs, mostly duplicates. I tried deleting the duplicates but it will take too long so I will have to delete my play list and start over. Pandora needs to fix this. 

clifjam
Local Performer

Stop allowing duplicates to be added to playlist especially on MY Thumbs Up on the web app  or at least there some form of approval needed to get a duplicate in a playlist.  I want to put all the music in one playlist that I like, 2 to 3 thousands songs rather than shuffle through a bunch of stations.

SheilaMarie
Local Performer

Is there a way to sort songs in a playlist and a way to prevent duplicates from being added to a playlist? These seem like basic features that are available on other streaming services but does not appear to be available on Pandora. 

tc-tunes
Opening Act

It would be great to get a release commit date.   The subject has been around a long time.

thundley661
Local Performer

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto!  I manage my playlists from my Windows10 PC and all my playlists have numerous duplicates in them.  This should be a basic fix!  Please fix this!

Raybear65
Local Performer

Duplicate removal tool would be especially useful. Just a small pop up a message letting Us know we are adding a dup would save the playlist crafter a ton of time. Please, please, please!! Again, this is a simple fix for a large problem. Every other streaming service uses some form of duplicate management. If we could "sort by" this would also be an easy way to spot duplicates. I think this feature could be a PC only option as having it on a mobile device would be unnecessary.

Thanks for any attention paid to these issues.

Raybear...

twhitmarsh
Local Performer

No way to weed out duplicates or organize a playlist?  This is the year 2020, right?  I would expect this feature to be missing... maybe at the end of the last century.  I've seen coders online with some workarounds.  Put down the medianoche and lets get to work on this! 

justicewas
Local Performer

Would love to see this feature.  I've built my playlist over years, and some are very large, I can't remember off the top of my head every single song I have.  Would be great to prevent duplicates.

LEZBRN1
Local Performer

Is this gonna get fixed?  

owlie6
Local Performer

This is extremely critical. I didn't realize this wasn't already a feature so I added a ton of songs to "My Thumbs Up" when I recently upgraded, not realizing they would all be doubled. It had 700 songs in it.

There's no "find" feature to even manually remove duplicates. Why not?