cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: "For You" Algorithm Improvements Based on Listening Habits Only

Ideas: "For You" Algorithm Improvements Based on Listening Habits Only

Me-myself-I
Opening Act

In the app, the tab "for you" seems somewhat generic.  It has a few things that are specific for my listening habits but is filled with content that is not oriented toward my listening habits.  It would nice to only have content that only fits my profile.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
8 Comments
AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your suggestion and feedback, @Me-myself-I

If you'd like to see more specific improvements for the "For You" section, feel free to describe that in further details in your original request by editing your post.

Don't forget to click on the ❤️icon next to the title of your idea to express your interest in a more personalized "For You" browse experience.

Richmond99
Opening Act

Would it be possible for Pandora to cut the endless politics out of its main feed?  On the app I have to scroll down past page after page of agitprop, including 'fresh picks,' 'the national conversation' and racial and politically-oriented 'selections' which are simply not what I come to Pandora for. 

It's not a matter of where one's politics happen to lie, it's simply that for me (and I hope for many others) music is a respite from the 'situation' our country is in, and I turn to music to find peace and release, not another opportunity to stick my head even further into the oven. 

My humble suggestion: Pandora could devote the primary screens to music only, perhaps with an emphasis on what the user actually likes.  Thanks for listening.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Richmond99. 👋

I moved your post over to this existing feature request: "For You" Algorithm Improvements Based on Listening Habits Only 

Please click on the ❤️ icon next to the title in order to express your interest for any feature in this section of the Pandora Community. Thanks for your feedback around this!

Moseskrieg
Local Performer

In Android app, the first screen that loads is "For You" which shows, among other things, suggested content. I'd like the ability to customize the content that shows up here.

Alternatively, allow me to pick which tab to load when the app loads (which would allow me to bypass the "For You" tab entirely.

MYB
Local Performer

There are suggestions on the For You page that are completely unlike the music I've listened to and liked over the years. Currently, Pandora doesn't offer the option to remove those suggestions. I'd like to see that change.

TannerPandora

Hi @MYB Thanks for posting your feedback in Feature Request! I moved your post over to an existing FR that is very similar here

Thanks for being part of community!

Toeachhisown
Local Performer

No offense to pride community everyone's business is their own but please don't send me my pride playlist and push an agenda down my throat I never showed an interest in.  I don't see an option to turn off recommendations or turn off being sent playlists I didn't ask for if a moderator can tell me if there is an option for that please.