cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: "Soft" Account Reset

Ideas: "Soft" Account Reset

Kaeso
Underground

I speculate that many of the problems I, and likely others experience would be able to be solved, or at the very least, mitigated by the option to do a "soft" account reset. A soft account reset, to me, would look like the ability to revert your account to the state it was in when first created (no stations, playlists, or anything music related really.) Though with the major exception of keeping your subscription intact.

Also, the ability to choose individual areas to reset, like playlists, stations, or songs wouldn't be a bad idea either, in my opinion. In addition, because of how much this action would change (your account), I also think it should require the user to type their password.

There is one, extraordinarily irritating issue I have that makes me request such a feature: When I want to reset a station, the logical steps I'd follow would be to delete the station, and the recreate it out of the same song(s). The Issue? Recreating the station out of the same song would add back the station, along with all the data I wanted removed! (As in thumbed up/down songs)

Pandora is my favorite music streaming service. I'm very indecisive and rely on stations to pick my music for me. I find other services just don't have "it" when it comes to stations. So right now I feel like I'm just settling for Pandora, rather than choosing it, because of the issue explained above (third paragraph).

Labels (2)
26 Comments
codedragon76
Local Performer

Can we see any movement on this? Having a messed up account is really a pain.

codedragon76
Local Performer

I really hate the state my library is in. I just need a full reset at this point.

dcbnyc
Local Performer

I'm following- I also want to reset my account. I find it annoying that some bands are on literally every station, even when they don't belong there. For example, Imagine Dragons (who I like) keep popping up on my Ani DiFranco station. That should not happen, and it's irritating! 

Moderator Edit: Format

BobsPC
Local Performer

Thumbs can corrupt your listening experience by limiting the station list of songs it will play.  It's best to thumb down one's you don't like vs thumb up songs you do like.   It needs a reset thumbs option badly.   

whitejt55
Local Performer

Another vote for soft reset.  I don't know what happened as I didn't a lot of press thumbs up or thumbsdown, but the station started play strange songs I've never heard before.  My wife asked, "what in the HExx are you listening to?"  I didn't mind the recent raise in price, but this has got me questioning my subscription???

Mhump
Local Performer

A soft reset would be great, my taste in music has greatly changed over the years and I dont want the old music associated with my account anymore. I want to actualy use the thumbs up station and playlist without worrying what will pop up next. I have a family plan and I need to keep my subscription otherwise I would just delete the account and restart.