cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: App for Android Automotive (AAOS/Google Built In)

Ideas: App for Android Automotive (AAOS/Google Built In)

Irishska
Underground

Pandora seems to have an app for every smart device I have ever bought, except a new car with AAOS (Android Automotive OS).  Please port a tablet version of Pandora for AAOS so that I can use that instead of radio or Spotify (which does have an app). 

94 Comments
TPG
Underground

Another one here...just get it done Pandora!  Going to check out live one in the meantime.

q65y0zigy
Local Performer

Please provide an update on this app for AAOS.

rfpett4
Local Performer

As far as I know, nothing new has happened to change this problem with AAOS and Pandora.  I wish it would change but the vehicle manufacturers are determined to force us to use our phones to get Pandora.  I however, contend that if that's the case, they should pay us for that useage in the form of a lower cost per vehicle. Our only options are to stop using Pandora or refuse to purchase any vehicle that does not allow the direct download of the program.  And I also think that Serious XM has a lot to do with this situation since it is the owner of Pandora radio and they give a "free" trial of there services with most new vehicles to try to sucker more people to their programming services.  I hope this changes but I am not holding my breath. 

jqtuttle
Local Performer

New 2024 Yukon with "Google Built In" on the car.  Every other streaming music service app is available to download (Spotify, etc) -- still no Pandora.  Come on Pandora...get on it and give us the app native for "Google Built In" on GM vehicles!

WAZ
Underground

jqtuttle, you'll save yourself a lot of grief and aggravation if you just switch to Spotify or another service now.  Don't let Pandora renew automatically.  They have let us down.  After using Pandora for so many years I moved over to Spotify last year and it's perfectly fine.  

cliff_p
Local Performer

Please!!!need help developing?

cliff_p
Local Performer

Please!!! do you need help developing

highpks
Local Performer

Interesting job posting from 2 years ago related to this: AAOS Intern position.

Maybe there's hope? 

PaulGhost
Local Performer

2023 Volvo XC40. Would love to see Pandora built-in. Being forced to use other services...

CrookedArm
Underground
They were only willing to hire an intern two years ago with nothing to show for it yet. Pandora is on minimal life support. I'm pretty sure AAOS support is never coming.