cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: App for Android Automotive (AAOS/Google Built In)

Ideas: App for Android Automotive (AAOS/Google Built In)

Irishska
Underground

Pandora seems to have an app for every smart device I have ever bought, except a new car with AAOS (Android Automotive OS).  Please port a tablet version of Pandora for AAOS so that I can use that instead of radio or Spotify (which does have an app). 

110 Comments
scottwsx96
Local Performer

Congratulations, Pandora! Despite being a longtime holdout and not switching to Spotify like everyone else, you’ve finally lost me as a user. I have subscribed to YouTube Premium. There is a YouTube Music AAOS app and this makes it much more convenient than futzing around with my flaky CarPlay connection.

DanE1
Underground

Pandora, any plans to create an app for Google Automotive?  All new GM Vehicles are going to this OS and the lack of Pandora app not only has me holding off on a new GM vehicle, but it also has me looking for a Pandora replacement for the first time since I've been a paying customer.  I've been using Pandora for well over a decade and have loved the service, but it's extremely frustrating development time isn't being invested for new vehicles.  This thread is now two years old, and it doesn't seem customers such as myself and others, are any closer to getting this app on Google Automotive equipped vehicles!  Disappointing.  

jqtuttle
Local Performer

It is very disappointing that the Pandora team appears to be completely ignoring the requests coming from their customer base for this support. Radio silence from them. Very unprofessional. I went to Spotify for my 2024 GMC Yukon. 

iamlegion
Local Performer

Add me to the list of frustrated customers with an AAOS vehicle and no Pandora support.

Oddnoggins
Local Performer

Count me in as another customer who is tired of not having Pandora available for Android Automotive OS. Get it together Pandora. At least try to try.

Private_
Local Performer
I found a work around on YouTube. You can use the Bluetooth Media Player and play Pandora on your phone 
through the car stereo. I feel like a dummy for not finding it on my own. 😔. I don’t understand what is keeping Pandora from creating a native app for Android Auto.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
cliff_p
Local Performer
That is how I do it on the volvo.. Should be on the dash like every real
car... The big car companies should tell pandora's CEO to fix it and 3 days
later it will be done.
DanE1
Underground

Through the YouTube Bluetooth streaming can you thumbs up/down and change stations?  

PaulGhost
Local Performer

It's just a bluetooth connection. Pandora is playing on your phone and the car speakers are just like earbuds. All interactions with Pandora are through the phone.

Get with it Pandora! You should be embarrassed...

larryG
Local Performer

Just wanted to let everyone know I have totally given up on Pandora.  It was my first music streaming service.  I started using it back in 2008 or 2009.  I started using Spotify since the app was automatically available in the Volvo, (probably because it is a Swedish company).  However, I was never happy with the fidelity.  I have now moved to "Tidal."  The app is available on the Volvo Android Automotive system.  It was easy to install. There is a one month trail period and its high definition sound is fantastic on the B+W system.  Tidal actually has move tracks then Spotify and is a bit cheaper per month.  Give it a try.  You will love it