cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: App for Android Automotive (AAOS/Google Built In)

Ideas: App for Android Automotive (AAOS/Google Built In)

Irishska
Underground

Pandora seems to have an app for every smart device I have ever bought, except a new car with AAOS (Android Automotive OS).  Please port a tablet version of Pandora for AAOS so that I can use that instead of radio or Spotify (which does have an app). 

94 Comments
larryG
Local Performer
Gave up waiting and changed my subscription to Spotify and discontinued Pandora. Too bad, I really liked Pandora.

Larry
Sent from my iPad
klinebau
Local Performer

Long time Pandora user.  Please provide AAOS support.

CrookedArm
Underground

Please be sure to "Like" this idea by clicking on the heart icon at the top of the thread. I strongly suspect that comments are ignored but likes are counted, and as of this writing we have more comments than likes.

If you haven't already, please scroll to the top of the discussion page and click that heart. It looks like this:

like.png

larryG
Local Performer
Good suggestion, I did not see the “like” button.

Larry G
Sent from my iPhone
ryanstout1980
Underground

I've been a long time Pandora subscriber 15+ years. I have purchased a new 2023 Chevrolet Silverado that has the Android Auto Operating System. I can't select Pandora as an option to install, but I can see every other service and some I've never seen before. Many people are pleading for you all to get this working in the vehicles and not having to rely on our phones for this to work. I am also in this camp, I've called many places in both GM's and Google's sides with no luck. You are the only one who can make this happen for your loyal customers, I don't really want to switch from our awesome community but if you can't deliver on what your entire community is asking for then I and we have no other choice but to move to another service. Please get this fixed, or give us some kind of timeline so we know that you are actually hearing us and not ignoring us.

Thank you.

spearsonjr
Underground

I, too, am very upset that my brand new Volvo with Google in control does not have the capability to run Pandora as an app in the center screen. I'm told that the only way is to run Pandora is from your phone either wired or via Bluetooth. I think that's crazy. I recently stepped up for a premium Pandora membership and was looking forward to playing all my stations and playlists in my car. Is there any hope that someone can make it possible to run Pandora as a native app?

rpett4
Local Performer

Is this really a Pandora issue or an issue caused by Google and the car manufacturers?  In my 2018 Chevrolet Silverado, I had Pandora  downloaded directly to my infotainment center but when I purchased a 2022 Silverado, I  found out that Google did not have it in their "Play Store".  They do however have it in the "Play Store" on my Sony tv's Google "Play Store" .  GM has given me every excuse you can think of for this situation, however, it was not a problem until Google got involved.

CrookedArm
Underground
>From what I gather, the paucity of apps in the Android Automotive store may come down to friction from Google. I'm given to understand that one can't take an Android phone/tablet app and make it available on AAOS without significantly reworking it. With Sirius/XM financials as weak as they are, execs are probably more interested in trying to look profitable with what they've got than rolling out new apps. It's a shame and a waste. No other streaming service does a better job of finding new music that fits my somewhat random tastes. I fear they're intentionally letting Pandora wither away.
ryanstout1980
Underground

As a former Google employee, the API's are no different it's just screen size that's different. I run iPhone applications on my iPad with no issues but I have to click the enlarge button. I can see over 40 different media streaming options from Google and other companies, just not the main competition to google in this space.

JamesRBlack
Local Performer

Please get the Pandora app for Android Automotive. Just bought a new Volvo C40 and can't enjoy stations I have been curating since 2007!