cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

bjoyce2
Opening Act

New Feature Idea: Create Rules about what bands you never want to hear.  If I select a Genre but there are certain bands I never want to hear, there should be a way to create a rule. i.e. I select the 70's Rock Genre but I never want to hear any music from Sting, Rush, Styx, Journey, Kiss, etc.  then allow me to create a rule eliminating them fron the selection algorithm.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
173 Comments
Dheadley
Local Performer

We need the capability to block or turn off certain artists. Thumbing down is difficult when listening at work or through a smart speaker. 

Please community, give this some love so Pandora will take this seriously!

Thanks!

barnesmjsa
Underground

So this is STILL be asked for and I don't see much movement?

Does Pandora actually listen to its subscribers?

I would love nothing more than to block some artists that pop up all over my feeds.

Hell, anymore, it seems the algo just spews all my music thumbs up across all **ahem** channels. I don't have much distinction between listening to Minor Threat or Mark Knopfler. The channels drift and literally start to sound like one and other. 

I have to say, Spotify does have Pandora beat hands down in this department.

You gotta step it up, guys. Don't be the next iRobot.

jon2000_70538
Local Performer

PANDORA CAN YOU PLEASE ADD A WAY TO SILENCE AN ARTIST FROM PLAYING ON MY STATIONS!!   I WAS LISTENING TO METAL AND SOME RACIST P.O.S. BAND KEEPS POPPING UP NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I "THUMBS DOWN"...  WHY WOULD YOU PROMOTE THIS TRASHY WHITE SUPREMACY BULLSH*T AND NOT ALLOW ME TO REMOVE THEM. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE...