cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Desktop Compact Player

Ideas: Desktop Compact Player

jcruz34420
Underground

I would like to see a compact player option. Maybe by clicking a button and all you see is a small screen with the options to go next back thumbs up and play and pause on it. Sometimes I just want to switch screens and having the full application open can be a hassle. I want to see the work that I'm working on as well as paying attention to what music is playing.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
100 Comments
RickNSB
Local Performer

@thwaitesj will you share the hack with us?

thwaitesj
Local Performer

I tried posting my solution but some of the code I included caused the post to error and it did not save.

You need to use a browser that you do not use for anything else as the customizations apply to all windows for the browser, in my case I used Firefox.

You need to turn off the Title bar. Right click on the toolbar and select Customize Toolbar then uncheck "Title Bar" at the bottom left.

Again right click on the toolbar and select Bookmarks and Toolbar then select Never Show.

That get part way but now you need to use a custom CSS for Firefox to hide all the other top stuff and that is where I had a problem posting what you need. You need to create a userChrome.css file in you profile, Google how to do this, then there is a bunch of CSS you need. I found it by Googling "Hide toolbar with one tab" and "Hide address bar". I can share the code if you have anther way for me to get it to you.

RickNSB
Local Performer

Thank you so much, first for figuring this out and, second for trying to post the solution here. 

I run Safari and my choose not to run Firefox for the sake of a single app, as good as Pandora is for me. But you have showed us all - most importantly the support staff here - that IT CAN BE DONE! 

Thanks again for this good work. 

rhettorical
Underground

The problem was never if it could be done, the problem is that it WAS done in the past and they killed the app. It should not be difficult to create an applet for this.

RickNSB
Local Performer

Just learned from an outside source (thank you to U-No-Hu) to give a look at the Hermes app. Reviews here.

mod edit: removed 3rd party link

thwaitesj
Local Performer

@rhettorical totally agree but of waiting I got tired of waiting so experimented a little. Now I have a Pandora player that takes up about a vertical inch of screen space.

bdm10
Local Performer

Please bring back your small player for the Desktop.  I recently got a new computer and so miss this player.  Besides the ease of choosing a station I wanted to listen to,  when I heard a song I was enjoying, I liked being able to see what it was without having to leave the program I was working in.

Please listen to the people who enjoy Pandora and bring it back.

ISIJIMMY68
Local Performer

Can we get a Mini-Player like Spotify and iHeart have for Desktop. I work from Home and usually have many windows open at once and it's nice to have the mini-player in the upper right corner so I can turn it off real quick when a call comes in. Might I remind you that we did put a man on the moon?!

Mursteak
Local Performer

@Alyssa -
Thank you for providing the community with a link to the new app as an answer to some of the complaints regarding the transition away from the Pandora One player. I have the app downloaded and use it all the time through my phone and other home devices.  In the same breath I must admit, I miss Pandora One. As I am sure you are aware, the current Microsoft desktop app cannot be minimized very small. Unfortunately, it takes up a ton of view space I need between my screens as I work. I miss the "One " version most for the reason I could reduce the app to a small banner that I was able to lay over my screen in corner of the header or footer. So, as I work I had a basic control panel with a small scrolling viewer of the artist and song playing. Is there any talk or work currently to make the existing desktop app more customizable in this way? I would really like see some app viewing options available to choose from. I would appreciate you carrying this request up to your team and above.
Kindest regards,
Casey Hirsch

Xenoit
Local Performer

Over four  years, and over 10 pages of comments, and Pandora is still operating on the absolute garbage UI/UX version in the MS Store.  They had a GREAT mini player, but then they drank the UI/UX coolaid that requires everything to take up 200% more space than needed, just in case someone needs to use a touchscreen, or some B.S. similar to that.  They have lost touch with their user base,  in order to deep throat their business accounts.

Sincerly,

Another dissappointed user