cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Disable accessory mode

Ideas: Disable accessory mode

cltdba
Underground

Add option to disable accessory mode on iOS and Android So content can be controlled through the app in lieu of the plugged in accessory. Many accessories do not allow searching for music or accessing content not previously accessed. Therefore I must unplug the accessory, navigate to the content on the app, play the content and then plug back into the accessory. I find the accessory interfaces to be cumbersome and too simple in comparison to the app. 

Labels (2)
28 Comments
Arvind
Local Performer

Please fix the root cause of the issue. The accessory mode should not default to car audio when plugged in USB which is mostly for charging. Please allow the user to control the song selection via the app and not via the car interface.

jimbo946
Local Performer
I have not resubscribed to Pandora because of this issue. I had in the past.

Sent from my iPhone
Arvind
Local Performer
Hello,

If you toggle off ‘Enable Launch from Car’ under Bluetooth settings in Advanced section of Pandora Settings, I am able to use the app to change songs and navigate within the app. It finally worked either with USB or Bluetooth option in the car. My car is 2015 Acura MDX and I am own iPhone 11 Pro running on 15.0.2. Just finished testing it. It may work for you.

Cheers
Arvind

Sent from my iPhone
jimbo946
Local Performer
I will try anything. Still think it is an unneeded feature
dstras
Local Performer

PLEASE!!!

this is such a pain

UnfunnyUsername
Local Performer

Please turn this off

Kvcbrunson
Local Performer

I will try Arvind's solution. Apparently this has been an issue for years (it's now June 2022). A friend suggested Spotify and I see folks in this forum have stated the same. If Arvind's fix doesn't work, I will cancel my subscription.

viperking19
Local Performer

This issue just started for me recently.

- I use bluetooth to connect my phone to my truck.

- I have Launch from car disabled.

- I have a Kenwood head unit, which only allows me to select from current stations and i cannot search any new music. I am not even always the one driving, so being locked out is infuriating if it were a safety issue. It's likely even less safe as it takes much longer to search via my head unit than it does on my phone, due to a limited interface.

Please, for all that is holy, make a feature to be able to disable this.

Artsma
Local Performer

This is frustrating! I understand not wanting drivers looking at their phones but when passengers can’t do anything it’s obnoxious. So many times I want to add a song that’s playing to a playlist for when I’m the one driving and I can’t. Ugh!!

ggavish
Underground

Wholeheartedly agree with this request. I’ve been asking that for probably 5 years now. It’s frustrating that basic functionality, such as pausing payback, is not available when the app is connected to my car. 
Any other audio app (Spotify, Amazon Music, Audible, etc etc) have a dismissible warning screen while in the car. 
Please allow that blocking black screen to be dismissed.