cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Educator/Teacher Discount Subscription

Ideas: Educator/Teacher Discount Subscription

LadyChaos
Underground

We have been asked to play music as our students enter and I love using Pandora. Unfortunately, some of the ads about wine stains and others don't seem appropriate for my students. I would have to pay for an ad-free account on my own - is there a reduced rate for teachers?

Labels (1)
35 Comments
russswills
Local Performer

Helping students does not help the bottom line. Teachers pay for Pandora and other businesses out of pocket to help students, and doing so benefits students at the teachers expense. As a teacher, I wish Pandora wanted to help educate. At the same time, I acknowledge that having a free or low-cost account would help me as a teacher to understand and engage the culture without supporting the artists. As an artist, I get it, but giving my work out for free to everyone who had a good cause would leave me living under a bridge. As an American who benefits from capitalism, I should pay. As an artist, I wish everyone who benefits from my work would pay. As a teacher, I wish it could be different, and I can't afford to pay too much money to too many businesses to do my job well.

Any suggestions? 

yourartteach
Local Performer

Hey Pandora community,

I love this streaming service for music in my classroom.  I am looking at other options to reduce my costs.  I'm hoping that Pandora may consider creating a special pricing program for school teachers similar to plus.

Please, consider reduced pricing for public school teachers?  Thanks for your time.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@yourartteach I moved your post over to this existing thread: Ideas: Teacher Subscription

Make sure to upvote this thread with a ❤️ if you'd like to see this option added to the service as well.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 

hhotten20
Local Performer

I strongly advocate for the introduction of an "educator discount." When I mention "educator," I refer to a broad spectrum of school-based professionals who deserve to enjoy discounts beyond a traditional "teacher discount." This includes individuals such as School Psychologists, Speech-Language Pathologists, School Counselors, and others. Given that many of us operate on the same modest teacher pay-scale, having an educator discount would be highly beneficial, recognizing the public service we contribute. I kindly urge you to contemplate incorporating an educator discount, enabling us to utilize ad-free music both in our professional engagements with students and in our personal lives.

Thank you for your thoughtful consideration!

flyfan88
Local Performer

Pandora is the only site that offers the option to "clean" up the music. A free or discounted account for teachers is so needed. The ads can be awkward.