cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Make Listening History Available

Ideas: Make Listening History Available

username777
Underground

It would be great to have a history of all of the songs that have been played on my Pandora profile page- much in the way all of my YouTube history is available for me to view (and even edit).

Labels (3)
89 Comments
TheUncleAsim
Local Performer

My phone has a feature where I can flip it open but it needs to restart some apps that aren't programmed to switch between unfolded and folded. So if I'm on autoplay and i edot remember if i opened pandora while it was unfolded or folded it restarts and I lose the song I was jamming to. This is one of my used apps and I pay for pandora one. Can we find out if it's possible to program this so it works for my phone? Samsung z4 fold 

tenglish74
Opening Act

Yes, indeed

1) Accessing listening history is much needed and a no-brainer.

2) Also the ability to refesh, or start over a station.

The other much needed features are

3) Categories for stations, with being able to assign stations to multiple categories, so shuffleing a category would be possible, depending on the desired listening at the moment.

4) Removing duplicates for playlists.

I quit Premium because of the feature dessert of it, now on Plus again, the lifeboat of music for Pandora.

Premium should be a yacht of a music listening experience, but alas it's an over crowded, run down cruise ship, with people paying high dollar for nothing but the few added features for it.

Pandora doesn't seem to care that its Premium users are frustrated and starving for features to give them at least a pleasant trip on the cruise ship, not just a journey of few pleasures and basic subsistence of features. They should realize users will pay even more for a banquet of features.

For some reason Pandora says they're paying attention to all the feature requests I've read and posted to, but they seem to adhering to the theory they have captive users, and really don't care to please the customer that much. Just a basic offering with hardly no features. Like offering bread and water only for every meal.

I'm so tired of Pandora with its features dessert for users. But alas I realize I'm a captive user that enjoys the basic offering, just being content with the bread and water of Pandora, as the music stations are good. But Pandora's users are treated like tolerated step children, LOL. Pandora feels the orphanage of music listening, LOL. If I ran Pandora it would be a Nirvana of music listening, not an Oasis, LOL.

tenglish74
Opening Act

Yes, indeed

1) Accessing listening history is much needed and a no-brainer.

2) Also the ability to refesh, or start over a station.

The other much needed features are

3) Categories for stations, with being able to assign stations to multiple categories, so shuffleing a category would be possible, depending on the desired listening at the moment.

4) Removing duplicates for playlists.

I quit Premium because of the feature dessert of it, now on Plus again, the lifeboat of music for Pandora.

Premium should be a yacht of a music listening experience, but alas it's an over crowded, run down cruise ship, with people paying high dollar for nothing but the few added features for it.

Pandora doesn't seem to care that its Premium users are frustrated and starving for features to give them at least a pleasant trip on the cruise ship, not just a journey of few pleasures and basic subsistence of features. They should realize users will pay even more for a banquet of features.

For some reason Pandora says they're paying attention to all the feature requests I've read and posted to, but they seem to adhering to the theory they have captive users, and really don't care to please the customer that much. Just a basic offering with hardly no features. Like offering bread and water only for every meal.

I'm so tired of Pandora with its features dessert for users. But alas I realize I'm a captive user that enjoys the basic offering, just being content with the bread and water of Pandora, as the music stations are good. But Pandora's users are treated like tolerated step children, LOL. Pandora feels the orphanage of music listening, LOL. If I ran Pandora it would be a Nirvana of music listening, not an Oasis, LOL.

DSE---
Local Performer

I want to recall a song I heard yesterday but can't seem to find it. Can it be found? Can Pandora provide a couple of days of listening sessions to customer accounts?

Frkjr62085
Local Performer

I would love to see this I listen to the Independent rock stations. I find i am enjoying many of the songs played on there. I would love to see an option where I can see a past song played list.  I would use this option to find the artist and purchase the album or find concerts.

cmonman
Local Performer

I work outdoors and sometimes I can listen to music on my headphones when I am working alone.  Today was listening to my Eddie Vedder station and heard a song that really caught my attention.  I figured I could check it out later when taking a break.  Well that was a few hours ago and swiping left on my android app isn't getting back that far and can't find any way to see history in a web browser.

Feeling pretty **ahem** frustrated right now.  The pace of work can be very fast so stopping to see a song in the moment often isn't possible.  I figured I'd be able to find it later for sure.

Am I missing something?  So frustrated.

slk0880
Underground

Is there any way to see how many hours have been spent listening to a certain playlist, album, or song? If there isn't and it's not too difficult, it'd be a cool feature to add to the stats section of the user account. 

cmonman
Local Performer

I'd be willing to bet that the percentage of users who come here is pretty small.  So I would suggest multiplying the voices here by a large factor when considering how important this issue is to the entire user base of Pandora.  Give us better access to our listening history and statistics please.

whisker84
Local Performer

This is why people prefer Spotify. Get with the times, Pandora! 

cmonman
Local Performer

We are told it is too resource intensive.   Yes, it uses a bit more resources, but not that much.  Small files with limited meta data associated with users accounts.  Done.