Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Standalone Samsung Galaxy Watch App

Ideas: Standalone Samsung Galaxy Watch App

redheadjenn79
Underground

Pandora > Spotify!

Please create a native app for the Samsung Galaxy watches!

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
254 Comments
mikey2385
Local Performer

Just bought a Galxy watch 6 with LTE, but I'm sad that I can't get pandora installed natively to it. I would really hate to start using Spotify if I don't have to. I've been using pandora for years, long before smart phones were a thing, and I had to go to your website on my laptop. Pandora on my watch would be great for runs, or walking the dog. It's nice to not have to Cary your phone around with you all the time. 

tooter2
Local Performer

Mike2358,

I totally hear you, but that said, I succumbed and am now using Spotify.  The desire to run a music app from my watch won over my stubbornness toward having to make a change and spend money I had not anticipated (I ended up cancelling Hulu, which I never use anyway, so I come out even).  I still have some months left on my Pandora account,, so I can use it.  Perhaps it's cognitive dissonance, but I am gradually warming up to Spotify.  Doing a little research, I discovered how to create radio stations for artists, which leads to other like-artists, in much the same way as Pandora.  Also, Spotify Premium (which is what I purchased) has a slightly higher bit rate.  I can't say it sounds definitely better, but it sounds quite good, as good as Pandora at the very least. Also, I kind of enjoy the change of platforms, something different (always important when you're a geezer).  Already, I've discovered a number of musicians with whom I was not familiar.

I really wanted a good music app on the watch; I work out several times a week, first using the elliptical, and then I walk for a mile or so before lifting weights. I enjoy listening to music primarily when walking, or on the elliptical machine as I can space out and just listen to the music.  Having only the watch and not carrying the phone has been a real treat.  I must admit, I get a kick out of this great music emanating from this little watch (my first smart watch, I always thought they were stupid).  It's not perfect; I'm still learning the ins and outs of the watch, but the sound is just amazing. 

I should note: I am connected to the Wi-Fi in the fitness center where I work out, or at home.  As I had not listened to music via LTE (which I also have on my Watch 6 Classic 47mm), I fiddled with the settings and am listening to Spotify now as I type, and it sounds just great via LTE. Like I said, I'm still learning how to use this watch.

All in all, switching to Spotifyu seems to be working for me .  It might work for everyone.  In any case, I hope you enjoy your watch and good luck. 

Local Performer

Is there finally a way to control your pandora on your galaxy watch yet?  All these comments are from 4 years ago

Jessejames2000
Local Performer
Not yet
tooter2
Local Performer

Yep, not yet.  Too bad. 

Turbocivic
Local Performer
Thats disappointing. It couldnt be that hard to do. Spotify has an app the my watch. Thank you for the reply. 
Turbocivic
Local Performer
Not that ive found. I suggest that everyone should  contact samsung and pandora tell them we want a standalone app the galaxy watch. 
Jessejames2000
Local Performer
I think Samsung has a contract with Spotify, which is why we're not seeing
Pandora
JohnRL
Local Performer

Well, there a few apps that work on the watch, Amazon Music, iHeartRadio...  

There are other app categories too, hard to find a decent workout app that can be run from the watch.

We just have to use what is available,  or do without, I guess.   Hopefully devs will see enough new watch owners to bother to develop apps for us.  Im sure it isnt a trivial task.  Especially to do well...

tooter2
Local Performer

I opted to try Spotify and have been pleased.  I posted about this about a week ago.  With continued use, I've been pleased with the program.  Very pleased with the sound quality, and the interface is becoming more intuitive.