Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Standalone Samsung Galaxy Watch App

Ideas: Standalone Samsung Galaxy Watch App

redheadjenn79
Underground

Pandora > Spotify!

Please create a native app for the Samsung Galaxy watches!

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
254 Comments
dianadld
Local Performer
I think so. I don't even go to a website anymore these come direct to my emails and someone just inform me that the actual post are responded to a few months back is actually 3 years old so obviously nothing is happening I really like Pandora but I have to move on I just haven't gotten the watch I wanted yet I had one from three years ago and I didn't use it because of this exact reason and I just never put Spotify or anything else on it now I'm trying to give it to Verizon or Samsung to get a discount on a new one

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>
goldenman82
Local Performer

This! Might have to switch to Spotify just for the watch app but I would rather use Pandora

demnos
Local Performer

Not that it matters, but I wanted to add my voice here requesting this feature.  Wouldn't need an app specific to a Samsung watch but rather just something for Wear OS in general.  As others have said though, seems like this isn't a priority for the devs.

cdgrice
Local Performer

I wanted to add my voice here requesting this feature.  Wouldn't need an app specific to a Samsung watch but rather just something for Wear OS in general.

JohnRL
Local Performer

Just got a Galaxy 6 Classic smartwatch, really disappointed there isn't a Pandora app for it.  Been using Pandora forever.  Bummer

tooter2
Local Performer

I too recently purchased a Galaxy 6 Classic and am totally bummed that there is no Pandro app.  I have been a Pandora member for years, I really like it, purchased memberships for others in my family, and am now actively looking for an alternative.  I like the Galaxy 6 Classic watch so much, as it is so convenient and well made, that I am likely going to drop Pandora and use another streaming service that works on the watch.  

I am very disappointed that Pandora does not support the Wear OS.  What all are you doing with the money we pay you?  I have not seen any huge improvements in Pandora's service over the years.  I like the Pandora model a lot, but hey, custmomers would like good service.  I mean, if Spotify can do it, why not Pandora?

MJT

Caramalbar53
Local Performer
I agree with you 💯 when I had the galaxy 4 classic I was able to get
Pandora on it now I just have the regular 4 and I can't so that's why I
haven't bought the 6. I stand with you on this 💯
Douggie_Fresh
Underground
Same bro same, wish the devs would say something!
JohnRL
Local Performer

To be fair, there isn't a lot of choices that do support WearOS.  But I guess I will have to check them out.  I want something for bike rides and running come spring.  Carrying my phone is a PITA

tooter2
Local Performer

"Carrying my phone is a PITA"  Ha!  I feel the same, yet have to laugh at myself for complaining about carrying something the weighs only 167 grams (my S22).  That said, the Galaxy 6 Classic 47mm has just been so enjoyable to wear and use, and the sound quality is great.  Several days a week, I spend 40' on an elliptical and watch CNN on my S22, then walk laps (in a fitness center) for a mile and listen to music.  Using the watch and not carrying the phone has been very pleasant (I am now using Spotify).  I shouldn't complain about carrying the phone, but hey, I'm just a cranky geezer. 

And all that said, I do wish Pandora was available on Wear OS. I really do like to use Pandora, the ease of use, the disco very mode, and such.