cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/4/2020 - Stations playing out of place tracks

smhuds08
Local Performer

I have several stations that I frequently switch between that are based on specific artists.  I have liked and disliked songs within each station to customize the playlist.  I have never made any other customizations to my stations other than liking/disliking songs.   

Up until maybe two or three days ago, my stations would primarily play songs from the artist from which the station was created, along with other similar artists and specific songs that I have "liked" in the past.  I have listened to these stations for awhile now and have become familiar with the general playlist for each, which I have enjoyed. 

However at some point in the past couple of days, every station that I select no longer plays songs from the artist selected and the playlists are vastly different than they have been in the past.  What can I do to revert back to the original playlists for my stations?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @smhuds08 - thanks for posting to community and sorry to hear this. 

I'm happy to take a look but I'll need a bit more info. Can you let me know the name of the station(s) where this is occurring?

Thanks!

+++

Update:

Hi again @smhuds08! I checked in with an engineering and they are aware of this issue and believe it has been resolved. Would you mind trying again and letting me know if you're still having trouble.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator
~ Check out Tip #16 Alarm Clock from Tanner's Tips
~ Check out Pandora Top Thumb Hundred Chart

> > Follow us on Twitter @PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Evalovr-01
Local Performer

I recently started a new Pandora account because I forgot my old login and I noticed that they seem to slowly merge all my stations together. For example, the first station I made was Michael Kiwanuka who I just discovered. He is a bluesy-jazzy indie artist, his station has some 70s style music, and it also has some alternative bands such as Pearl Jam (who is featured a lot). Then I made a kings of leon station and some Michael Kiwanuka and peal jam songs came on there, even though I have never heard these songs on my Kings of Leon station with my previous account.

Then I just made a Vampire Weekend station and it's playing kings of leon, michael kiwanuka and pearl jam. It's really annoying because these bands have nothing to do with the indie-pop-punk style of Vampire Weekend, it's like Pandora is too lazy to find the artist's style so they just give me music from other artists they know I like but that's not the point of allowing me multiple stations. If I wanted to merge all my stations I would just use Pandora's Genius station. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Evalovr-01, thanks for posting. I moved your message over to an existing thread on this here

We are aware of an issue with stations may have been playing out of place tracks, however, we believe that this has now been resolved. 

Would you mind trying again? Let me know if you're still having trouble.

Tanner | Community Moderator
~ Check out Tip #16 Alarm Clock from Tanner's Tips
~ Check out Pandora Top Thumb Hundred Chart

> > Follow us on Twitter @PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

trw6142
Underground

I just created a station based on The Kingston Trio and Peter, Paul and Mary, both 50's and 60's FOLK artists.  The second and third selections were 60's ROCK AND ROLL tracks. Did you start selecting tracks by year instead of genre? How do I keep this travesty from happening?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@trw6142 I moved your post to this thread since you are reporting a similar issue.

Our engineers believe that this has now been resolved. 

Would you mind trying again? 

If you continue to experience issues with this, please follow up with this information:

• The name of the station where this occurred.
  • The name(s) of the artist(s).
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s).
  • Were you able to give the track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Let me know, and I'll take a look.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

smhuds08
Local Performer

Yes, my stations appear to be working correctly again.  Thanks for your help!

AdamPandora

@smhuds08 Happy to hear that.

Enjoy the music! 😎🎶

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos