cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Children's Station Playing Explicit Content

STEELPEN500
Local Performer

I have encountered two stations in pandora that have nothing to do with its name related to disney. One starts off with bad words.  One is Disneyworld radio. The other is Disney radio. How can i report this.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
34 Replies

Blerg
Local Performer

My son made a new station based on "Some Things Never Change" from the Japanese version of the Frozen 2 soundtrack (which just sounds the same as the English version), and that particular station, with no "thumbs ups" yet, immediately brought in Cannibal by Kesha and F**k You Better by Neon Hitch.

I have since turned on the explicit filter, but I thought knowing this particular version of the song seems to be a link between children's stations and explicit content might be helpful.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Blerg Thank you for reporting this - I will have someone from our curation team investigate that track to see what is happening. 🔎

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 

0 Kudos

Bradleydjones
Local Performer

We've been using a station called Kids Radio for at least a year and all the sudden, it totally changed a few weeks ago.  Weird songs that never used to play, songs about sex and other explicits.  Really disappointed as we and our 1.5 year old really liked the station

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bradleydjones We appreciate you reporting this on the community.

I have escalated your feedback over to our curation team so that they can further investigate what is going on with your Kids Radio station.

In the meantime, I recommend creating a new station that you and your child can tune into while they look into this.

First, we offer a number of curated family genre stations, which you can find here.

Second, always make sure that when you create a station for children, you make sure that the station name has a "(Children's)" label on it. If you're creating a new station based on a song, make sure that the artist performing the song has the same label. (If for some reason you come across a popular children's song where the performing artist is missing that label, please let us know.)

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos

JM3
Local Performer

Is there a way to mark a stations as a kid station?  My 6 year old loves listening to her station, we have many Disney songs liked and a few from her favorite movies (trolls, greatest showman, etc). BUT everyday there an explicit song playing on her station!  Today it a song said something about a **ahem** in his pants.  That is something I don't want my daughter listening to!  I also don't want to start a new station, since we have thumbs up and thumbs down many songs (we have had this station since she was 3).  Please help!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @JM3 thanks for posting to community! I moved your post to My Collection to keep things organized. 

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to mark a non-children's station as children at this time. However, we do offer a number of curated family genre stations, which you can find here. I would always make sure that when you create a station for children, you make sure that the station name has a "(Children's)" label on it. If you're creating a new station based on a song, make sure that the artist performing the song has the same label. (If for some reason you come across a popular children's song where the performing artist is missing that label, please let us know.)

If the current station you're listening to does not have 'Children's' in the label then it isn't actually intended for children. For example, the station 'Disney Princesses Radio' is actually based on the comedy of a popular comedian. 

If you'd like to see your idea available on Pandora, I would recommend visiting our Feature Request board with your suggestion. 

Hope this was helpful. Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

evan13
Local Performer

Would also like the ability to REPORT music.

we seeded station with Frozen II Into the Unknown, first song was the Lost in the Woods (but showed Chinese characters on the image..?). 10+ songs later and it’s playing Dear Evan Hansen about drugs, crack, and gay people?  Not really appropriate and not what we’d expect from a Disney “seed”. Please give ability to flag these!!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@evan13 Thank you for reporting this.

I have escalated this over to our engineers so they further investigate that station.

In the meantime, I recommend checking out some of our curated children's stations:

• First, we offer a number of curated family genre stations, which you can find here.
  • Second, always make sure that when you create a station for children, you make sure that the station name has a "(Children's)" label on it. If you're creating a new station based on a song, make sure that the artist performing the song has the same label. (If for some reason you come across a popular children's song where the performing artist is missing that label, please let us know.)

Thanks for your patience with this. 

0 Kudos

cjackson10111
Local Performer

Similar problem. Lola by The Kinks just played on the Children’s Indie station. Sounds like it could be a fun kids song, but I’m glad I was the only one listening close enough to know what it was at the time.

0 Kudos

cjackson10111
Local Performer

Sorry, just scrolled back through the previous songs. Appears it was YODA by Weird Al. Heard it from the other end of the house.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cjackson10111 I moved your post over to this thread since you are experiencing a similar issue.

I have escalated this over to our engineers so they can take a look at the Children's Indie Radio station.

In the meantime, I recommend checking out some of our curated children's stations:

• First, we offer a number of other curated family genre stations, which you can find here.
  • Second, always make sure that when you create a station for children, you make sure that the station name has a "(Children's)" label on it. If you're creating a new station based on a song, make sure that the artist performing the song has the same label. (If for some reason you come across a popular children's song where the performing artist is missing that label, please let us know.)

Thanks for your patience with this. 

0 Kudos

Crazydude
Local Performer

I’ve encountered at least one explicit track on the Disney’s Circle of Stars station: Lazy Baby by Dove Cameron.

Is the station not filtering explicit tracks? Do I need to do that manually?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Crazydude I have created a ticket with our engineering team so they can take a closer look at your station.

In the meantime, please continue to thumb down any explicit tracks that play on that station, or select a different children's station to stream for now.

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos

Deezeyener
Local Performer

I've been getting Rodney Carrington songs that have quite a few swear words and talk about wanting it in the butt on the Muppets (designated for children) station.  I took a screenshot of it, and the album cover says it's explicit.  How is this showing up on a kid's station?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Deezeyener I had our engineering team take a look and they mentioned those tracks by Rodney Carrington were being pulled from an additional seed you added as variety to your station.

They've gone ahead and removed that additional artist that was added to resolve the issue.

If any other explicit tracks play again on your station, please grab new screenshots and send them in a reply to this message.

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

0 Kudos