cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: This Station is Currently Not Available

LiquidEcho
Underground

"Station not currently available" error for all stations on all devices

I get this error either through the web, or on my iPhone on every station I try, Pandora made ones, my own every station. This obviously makes Pandora unusable.

I have tried via the Web and on my iPhone. I deleted the app, reinstalled still the same error for every station.

Please help, thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
101 Replies

GoonPlatoon
Local Performer

Station that will play maybe once a month is called ‘Old School Rap’.  Any suggestions, technically speaking towards this not working?  Thanks.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@GoonPlatoon I've taken a look at your account, and it looks like you're seeing that message pop up as a result of a very high number of Thumbed down tracks on your Old School Rap station.

Thumbed down tracks narrow down the song pool and can lead to the error message you are seeing. Thumbed up tracks, on the other hand, act like seeds that inspire similar music to play.

To fix the error, you'll need to remove some Thumb Down ratings and continue to Thumb Up those songs that really stand out. Balancing your Thumb ratings can help you tune your stations as you desire.

Hope this helps.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

bah1967
Local Performer

I’m getting the error message “this station is currently not available. Please choose another station.” I’m getting this error for every station, nothing will play.  I’ve  gone through the troubleshooting section and nothing has worked.  Please help. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@bah1967 Sorry to hear that. We've made a small change that should help. Please try again and let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

bah1967
Local Performer

All good now.  Thank you very much!!

AdamPandora

Always happy to help, @bah1967.

Enjoy the music! 🎶

0 Kudos

JJLM
Local Performer

Having same issue with Beyonce station! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@JJLM I've taken a look at your account, and it looks like you're seeing that message pop up as a result of a very high number of Thumbed down tracks on your Beyoncé Radio station.

Thumbed down tracks narrow down the song pool and can lead to the error message you are seeing. Thumbed up tracks, on the other hand, act like seeds that inspire similar music to play.

To fix the error, you'll need to remove some Thumb Down ratings and continue to Thumb Up those songs that really stand out. Balancing your Thumb ratings can help you tune your stations as you desire.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

pacevskip
Local Performer

Adam,

I too am getting “this station is currently not available. Please choose another station.”

My account is close to 10 years old and I believe was created when I lived overseas. Have since moved back.

I have tried to update my postcode to see if that fixes my issues, which it does.

Would you mind checking my account?

Peter

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@pacevskip We've made a small change that should help.

Please try again and let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

pacevskip
Local Performer

Thanks Adam. That fixed it.

Much appreciated.

AdamPandora

Happy to hear it, @pacevskip.

Enjoy the music! 🎶

0 Kudos

BazillionSongs
Opening Act

Hi- my turn. I'm getting the "not currently available" message for the one station I play all the time, the other stations still work. I've restarted my iphone and uninstalled/reinstalled the app. Thanks in advance for the help!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@BazillionSongs What is the name of the station that error message appears on?

Can you please send me a screenshot of the error message as well?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

BazillionSongs
Opening Act

Hi Adam - it's TRS Radio, but you appeared to have fixed it already!

AdamPandora

@BazillionSongs Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos

amandaj20029
Local Performer

Hello - this has been happening to me for months. On 90% of my stations. I can't shuffle either. VERY limited to what I can listen to. And it happens 100% of the time I open Pandora. Why? Iphone 7, why is this happening and how can I fix it?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@amandaj20029 Nice to see you around the Community.

This Station is Currently Not Available error message:

We've made a small change that should help. Please try again and let me know how it goes.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Unable to shuffle:

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening

1. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

0 Kudos

Brookie14
Local Performer

I am having the same issue on all my devices - "stations not available / buffering come back later" -- could it be the same small change that was done for everyone else

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Brookie14 It sounds like you are running into a separate issue and are receiving two different error messages.

To clarify, do those error messages appear one after another when attempting to stream Pandora on your devices?

Can you please send me a screenshot of both of the error messages?

0 Kudos