cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: This Station is Currently Not Available

LiquidEcho
Underground

"Station not currently available" error for all stations on all devices

I get this error either through the web, or on my iPhone on every station I try, Pandora made ones, my own every station. This obviously makes Pandora unusable.

I have tried via the Web and on my iPhone. I deleted the app, reinstalled still the same error for every station.

Please help, thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
101 Replies

MagdaH
Local Performer

I am having the same issue. All my stations are "currently unavailable". Reading the comments I have a suspicion that it's because I created my account in Australia and now I live in the US? Reinstalling the app and rebooting did not help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@MagdaH We've made a small change that should help.

Please try again and let me know how it goes.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

MagdaH
Local Performer

Works like a charm now, thank you for your help.

AdamPandora

Happy to hear it, @MagdaH.

Enjoy the music! 😎

0 Kudos

fenestro
Local Performer

I’ve been having this problem for many months. Can you try your back end change on my account please?

0 Kudos

jaim98
Local Performer

I seem to have this same issue as well on iOS 15.6.1.  All Stations say they are unavailable.

is there anything you can change on my account like the others to try and see if it fixes it?

thank you

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@jaim98 We've made a small change that should help. Please try again and let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

jaim98
Local Performer

Thank you so much @AdamPandora that has fixed it!

AdamPandora

Happy to hear it, @jaim98😎

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Sure thing, @fenestro.

We've made a small change that should help. Please try again and let me know how it goes.

fenestro
Local Performer

Thanks, Adam, my Pandora buttons on my SONOS work again! 🎉

AdamPandora

Happy to hear it, @fenestro. 😎

0 Kudos

ryzie
Local Performer

Hi @AdamPandora I'm having the same problem 😞
Would you please look into this for me?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@ryzie It looks like this may be caused by your account previously being created in Australia.

To clarify, do you currently live in the US now?

If so, you will unfortunately need to cancel your current subscription through Apple first, and then wait for it to expire.

You can find instructions on how to cancel your subscription through Apple here.

After it expires, you will then need to resubscribe directly through our website instead here. Please note that you will need to reply back to this thread and let me know prior to resubscribing through our website.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

ryzie
Local Performer

Correct. I originally opened my account in Australia. Yes, my partner is a US citizen and we spend time between the two countries. I understand that Pandora does not work outside of the US.
I only subscribed through Apple whilst trying to solve the issue but it seems that it has made it worse.
I have unsubscribed, but why do I need to wait?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@ryzie Thanks for following up.

Your subscription through Apple has now ended and your account has now reverted back to the free service.

You should now be able to upgrade directly through our website here instead.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

rooudav
Local Performer

My favorite station is 70s rock radio, but starting about 2 to 3 months ago whenever I play it I get the message “This station is no longer available.” Does anybody know what’s going on with that? Thanks.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

I've taken a look at your 70s Rock Radio station, and I think you're seeing that message pop up as a result of a very high number of Thumbed down tracks:

Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 6.24.37 AM.png

Thumbed down tracks narrow down the song pool and can lead to the error message you are seeing. Thumbed up tracks, on the other hand, act like seeds that inspire similar music to play.

To fix the error, you'll need to remove some Thumb Down ratings and continue to Thumb Up those songs that really stand out. Balancing your Thumb ratings can help you tune your stations as you desire.

Check out this thread for instructions on how you can remove some of those Thumb ratings: How to edit thumb ratings

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Peggers
Local Performer

I also have the issue of This Station is currently unavailable . I see you have been able to fix up other folk with the same problem. Are you able to work your magic on my account to please?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Peggers We've made a small change that should help. Please try again and let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos