Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explicit Tracks now Censored

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi everyone!

We've noticed reports about explicit tracks now playing as censored versions of your favorite tunes.

We try to buy unedited versions of all music and comedy we acquire, but sometimes a clean version is all that's available. This is particularly common with movie soundtracks and best-of collections.

Sometimes our licensing for certain content may expire. Other times we get the radio edit of a track before we get the original, and the tracks are indistinguishable from one another from a database perspective.

For that reason, Pandora might select a clean track from one of these sources instead of a nearly identical track from another album. This is an unfortunate reality of the record business: sometimes songs that are not identical are labeled as identical.

Finally, the lyrics preview will always display "clean" lyrics. If you'd like to view the full, uncensored text, click Show more or See all lyrics.

++

To report any tracks that were once explicit but are now censored, please provide the following info:

• The device you are using to stream Pandora:
  • The name of the station where this occurred:
  • The name(s) of the artist(s):
  • The title(s) of the censored track(s):
  • Confirmation that you were able to give the censored track(s) a Thumbs down:
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?:
  • A screenshot of the censored track that plays on your station:

Once we have this information, we can report it to our curation team for you.

Thanks for your help, and see ya around the community!

Labels (1)
115 Replies

rivenite
Local Performer

hed P.E.

the entire Broke album has now changed from the original version to the clean version.  I thumbs upped the originals and now it is playing the clean versions and indicating a thumbs up.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rivenite I took a look at your (Hed) P.E. Radio station, and I do not see any clean tracks that have been given a Thumbs Up to.

The next time this happens, can you please send me a screenshot of the clean track that is playing on that station with the Thumbs Up icon highlighted?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

King99371
Underground

Screenshot_20210608-155037.png

 This song has been thumbed up ever since the song came out and now its censored

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@King99371 I moved your post into this existing thread: Explicit Tracks now Censored

The original thread you were posting on was specific to all music only playing censored versions on Juice WRLD Radio.

However in this screenshot you provided, it looks like you were listening to NLE Choppa Radio.

This being said, I've gone ahead and escalated your feedback regarding this track to our curation team for further review.

Thank you for reporting this. 🤝

Seddrickc
Local Performer

I have had 2pac radio for years now and out of nowhere pandora is only playing the censored version smh.. what can I do.. and it's only 2pac songs

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Seddrickc. 👋

To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Explicit Tracks now Censored

Please check out @AdamPandora's message about this here.

To report any tracks that were once explicit but are now censored, please provide the following info:

• The name(s) of the artist(s)
• The title(s) of the track(s)

Once we have this information, we can report it to our curation team on your behalf. Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Asubuddy
Local Performer

For some weird reason my songs have been turned into clean versions even tho I have no parental control & I allow the explicit option can anyone figure this out I really hate searching the songs every time for the explicit versions just to listen to them thank you!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Asubuddy I moved your post into this existing thread: Explicit Tracks now Censored

The next time this happens, please thumb down the censored track(s), and make sure to grab a screenshot(s) of the now playing screen.

Once that is done, can you please follow up with the requested info below?

• Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?:

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Slangx1
Underground

Screenshot_20210702-092440_Pandora.jpg

 all explicit songs I have thumbs-up are  now playing edited, clean versions 

0 Kudos

Slangx1
Underground

I already posted once on here, should have mentioned the filter to turn explicit content off/on is gone from settings 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting this, @Slangx1.

Please grab screenshots of any additional tracks that you've thumbed up that are now playing the clean versions, and send that in a reply to this message.

I've gone ahead and reported that specific track by Halsey to our curation team so they can further investigate.

0 Kudos

Butwhytho
Local Performer

Explicit Tracks now Censored and there is no way to fix it

There is no way to enable explicit content there is no option in the settings anymore and I can not find an answer to this issue.

• The name of the station where this occurred

Lil Jon & The Eastside Boyz
• The name(s) of the artist(s)

• The title(s) of the track(s)

Screenshot_20210706-102634_Pandora.jpg

Screenshot_20210706-102735_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

Slangx1
Underground
I did find a solution, I logged into my account on a computer (instead of
my phone) then went to settings and the explicit on/off was there, turned
it back on. Problem fixed. Hope this works.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Butwhytho Thank you for reporting these - I have escalated your feedback along to our curation team for further review.

In regards to the explicit filter not showing in your account settings, try logging into your account on a computer and you should be able to locate the filter there.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @Slangx1

0 Kudos

Kalibraxxas
Local Performer

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fLZUAeguEXqu6GeH7

Hail Mary Mallon - Whales

It's just cut to pieces. Been listening to this song for years on the same station. Nothing changed on my end. Double checked the explicit settings. All good there.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Kalibraxxas I have passed your feedback along to our curation team so they can take a closer look.

Thank you for reporting this!

0 Kudos

Scrybka
Underground
I agree a lot of songs are censored now it **ahem**
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Scrybka I moved your post into this existing thread: Explicit Tracks now Censored

The next time this happens, please thumb down the censored track(s), and make sure to grab a screenshot(s) of the now playing screen.

Once that is done, can you please follow up with the requested info below?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝