cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explicit Tracks now Censored

AlyssaPandora

Hi folks!

We've noticed reports about explicit tracks now playing as censored versions of your favorite tunes.

We try to buy unedited versions of all music and comedy we acquire, but sometimes a clean version is all that's available. This is particularly common with movie soundtracks and best-of collections.

Sometimes our licensing for certain content may expire. Other times we get the radio edit of a track before we get the original, and the tracks are indistinguishable from one another from a database perspective.

For that reason, Pandora might select a clean track from one of these sources instead of a nearly identical track from another album. This is an unfortunate reality of the record business: sometimes songs that are not identical are labeled as identical.

Finally, the lyrics preview will always display "clean" lyrics. If you'd like to view the full, uncensored text, click Show more or See all lyrics.

++

To report any tracks that were once explicit but are now censored, please provide the following info:

• The name of the station where this occurred
• The name(s) of the artist(s)
• The title(s) of the track(s)

Once we have this information, we can report it to our curation team for you.

Thanks for your help, and see ya around the community!

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Labels (4)
383 Replies

Adogdeezy
Local Performer

Any song by dreamville on the kota the friend station. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Adogdeezy In order to look into this further, we will need some specific examples.

The next time an explicit track plays on your station, please grab a screenshot of the now playing screen and send that over in a reply to this message.

Additionally, we'll need you to provide the following info:

• The name of the station where this occurred: Kota the Friend Radio
  • The make and model of the device you are using to stream Pandora

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Bobuliss
Local Performer

Every song by Jaira Burns on a non-curated station I created is now censored, even thought the tracks were originally explicit and they are already thunmbsed up.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Bobuliss Would it be possible to send me a screenshot of the next censored track that plays by Jaira Burns?

0 Kudos

ahernandez409
Local Performer

I recently decided to try pandora plus and I noticed that songs that I’ve been listening to for years are now censored! Why?? Does anybody else have this problem? 

0 Kudos

Kjackson70
Local Performer

@AdamPandora I have never thumbed up these song censored ever. I enjoy my music the way it was intended to be heard. I know this song was not censored when I liked it why is it now. I'm listening on my Samsung note 20.

Screenshot_20210223-225111_Pandora.jpg

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@ahernandez409 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Explicit Tracks now Censored

First, let's be sure that you have your explicit filter set to allow explicit content. You can view this by checking your settings. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 2.14.05 PM.png

++

If you still have trouble, we will need some specific examples in order to look into this further.

The next time an explicit track plays on your station, please grab a screenshot of the now playing screen and send that over in a reply to this message.

Additionally, we'll need you to provide the following info:

• The name of the station where this occurred:
  • The make and model of the device you are using to stream Pandora

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

View solution in original post

AdamPandora

@Kjackson70 Thank you for reporting this.

I have escalated your feedback over to the team who helps manage our collection so they can further investigate.

If another censored track plays and shows that you've given it a Thumbs Up previously (even though you never did), please send me a screenshot of that as well.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

crznpch1
Local Performer

Listening to "Gangster Rap / Hip Hop is a 100% WASTE when it is CENSORED!!!!!!!!!!! **ahem** am I paying you for????????????

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@crznpch1 It doesn't look like you have your account set to allow explicit content:

Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 8.00.19 AM.png

To adjust your filter on the web:

1. Click the icon (initial or picture) in the top right corner.
  2. Select Settings, then Content Settings.
  3. Toggle the Explicit Content switch ON to allow explicit content.
  4. Enter your password to confirm changes.

Please note: while setting your Explicit Content filter on the web will also affect your account on the desktop app or mobile devices, it will not affect in-home devices such as game systems, TVs and Blu-ray players. These devices filter explicit content by default because they are frequently used in family settings.

To find steps to adjust the Explicit Content filter on these devices, visit In the Home / On the Go.

To adjust your Explicit Content filter from your mobile device:

1. Tap the Profile icon, followed by the Settings gear in the top right corner.
  2. Select Account.
  3. To allow explicit content, switch the Allow Explicit Content option to On (green).
  4. Tap Save, then enter your password to confirm the changes.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Keysean2
Opening Act

Why is mobb deep blood money all clean?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Keysean2 It looks like we only have the clean version of that album available in our catalog: Blood Money by Mobb Deep

I have passed your feedback along to our curation team with the suggestion of getting the explicit version of that album added as well.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! 

0 Kudos

Keysean2
Opening Act

The reason I made this complaint is one of the songs I listened to was explicit then became clean. 

Why the deluxe edition of ace hood trials & tribulations I thumbed previously was explicit now is clean?

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

Keysean2
Opening Act

Why the deluxe edition of ace hood trials & tribulations I thumbed previously was explicit now is clean?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Keysean2 The next time the clean version of that track plays, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Also, was the Thumbs Up icon already highlighted for the clean version?

Or is the issue that instead of the explicit version that you gave a Thumbs Up to playing, a different clean version of that same track played instead (without the Thumbs Up icon highlighted)?

0 Kudos

Keysean2
Opening Act

I’m still not getting a reply about how some songs on ace hood t&t are censored but others r explicit!!!!

0 Kudos

Keysean2
Opening Act

Songs like “Pray for me,We outchea,and have mercy” has the clean tag next to it but were explicit 

0 Kudos

Keysean2
Opening Act

B7CD2482-9D1A-4628-AE1E-83F47CA9A315.jpeg

B4830735-8782-45F6-8551-4DCD7BA7670C.jpeg

Some of the songs r clean others r explicit why is this?

0 Kudos

Keysean2
Opening Act

@AdamPandora I replied with a screenshot 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Keysean2 It looks like you are playing the clean version of that album.

Here is a link to the explicit version of that album: Trials & Tribulations

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 5.31.17 AM.png

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos