cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explicit filter for playlists

RickRude
Local Performer

Can we turn explicit off for songs in made playlists?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RickRude The explicit filter will only apply to songs that play on your stations; it doesn't apply to playlists you create, or those created for you by Pandora. Also, It doesn't apply to podcasts.

When you're curating playlists or searching for podcasts, you can identify explicit tracks by a red "E" label. To keep explicit songs or podcasts from your collection, avoid adding those with that label.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to delete songs from playlists created by Pandora. However, you could copy those playlists into a new playlist, and then remove any explicit tracks.

To do that, open the playlist you'd like to edit, tap More (represented by three dots) then select Add to Playlist. From there you can create a new playlist or add it to an existing one. Finally, open your new playlist and select Edit.

Let me know if you need me to send additional steps on how to remove songs from your playlists.

Hope this helps! 😁

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RickRude The explicit filter will only apply to songs that play on your stations; it doesn't apply to playlists you create, or those created for you by Pandora. Also, It doesn't apply to podcasts.

When you're curating playlists or searching for podcasts, you can identify explicit tracks by a red "E" label. To keep explicit songs or podcasts from your collection, avoid adding those with that label.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to delete songs from playlists created by Pandora. However, you could copy those playlists into a new playlist, and then remove any explicit tracks.

To do that, open the playlist you'd like to edit, tap More (represented by three dots) then select Add to Playlist. From there you can create a new playlist or add it to an existing one. Finally, open your new playlist and select Edit.

Let me know if you need me to send additional steps on how to remove songs from your playlists.

Hope this helps! 😁

0 Kudos

haryj
Local Performer

I have a family plan with Pandora and I've just added our three kids to it. I've set each of their accounts to remove explicit content but the content is still getting through and playing on the devices. These are kindles but it would appear that any device is allowing inappropriate content. I'm also finding that we can't delete stuff from playlists. 

I'm asking this question because I cannot believe that this has not been solved somehow ie I'm assuming that this is user error.

If it turns out that there's no way to filter the content properly does anyone know if Spotify does this better because it means I need to move to Spotify. I'm extremely frustrated by this. I've been a pandora customer for years and I cannot believe that this hasn't been solved.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@haryj The explicit filter will only apply to songs that play on your stations; it doesn't apply to playlists you create, or those created for you by Pandora. Also, It doesn't apply to podcasts.

In the meantime, I've made a note of your experience for our product team to consider.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

haryj
Local Performer

My sons first search resulted in this Album coming up.

This is not content I want my son or my daughters finding. I can't shield them from everything but Pandoras inability to prevent this from coming up astounds me. This is not about me preventing explicit for myself, I can do that. This is about my children being presented with offensive content even with the Explicit filter turned on.

Moderator Edit: Link sharing

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@haryj I definitely understand your frustration.

While this isn't currently an option, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️ if you'd like to see it added to the service: Ability to create accounts for children with parental controls

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback around this with us.

0 Kudos