cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genre stations no longer playing the same music

SpdKilz
Local Performer

I have been listening to a station (Dubstep) for over a decade and have "liked" a couple hundred songs throughout the years.  Doing so has changed what songs the station plays versus what it originally would have played.  Overnight it has gone from playing my type of songs back to almost 100% dubstep, and plays only one or two liked songs for every 50 songs I skip/downvote.

This is very frustrating as the station has been forever evolving to my change in music taste and that seems to be gone, with very few of the "liked" songs showing up.

Any help on getting the station back to what it was?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
42 Replies

Stelcom66
Opening Act

I give up. It seems to be just getting worse. I'm paid up until next January. 

0 Kudos

budman981
Local Performer

Please check into this station.  For the last few weeks, it has been adding very old jazz and a lot of piano jazz.   Those are nice but that's not why I have this station favorited.  It should be more eclectic, modern, but very smooth jazz...    Artists like: Brian Culbertson, Brian Simpson, some Kenny G, Konstantin Klashtorni, etc.   The logo recently changed to "Autumn Jazz" (may be part of this)    Will you please consider correcting this?   I'm going to build my own channel from scratch but the prior version Of Chillaxing was PERFECT.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@budman981 Genre stations, such as "Today's Hits" or "Chillaxing Jazz Kollektion Radio" are stations created and curated by Pandora. Sometimes, they might include more mainstream artists and songs or we may make changes to the station that can result in changes to the experience you've been accustomed to. You can always use Thumbs to help guide the station you are trying to create.

As an alternative, we recommend you continue as you mentioned, and create your own station using an artist or song that you think best represents a particular genre.

Additionally, you may Add Variety to the station you create, in order to include other artists or songs you'd like to influence your station.

Keep in mind, each seed you add will inspire hundreds of other songs, so a little variety goes a long way. If you don't like the direction your station is headed, you can always edit your station seeds and Thumbs through the Station Details.

That said, when you're listening from a computer, mobile device or the Sonos app, you can access Pandora Modes to customize your station experience. You can pick different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts. Let me know if you'd like more information about that.

Hope this is helpful. Thanks for listening!

0 Kudos