cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing a busy tone every 10-15 seconds

ttravismc
Local Performer

While in Pandora app listening to music or not on-line or off-line I hear a tone every 10-15 seconds its similar to a telephone's busy signal

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

vinegersmite
Local Performer

I just had the exact same issue, it was driving me to distraction. The music on Pandora would pause, I would clearly hear the sound of a telephone dial tone, then the music would start playing again.

After exiting various apps and closing browser windows, I finally realized it was my headphones! I was using Cowin E7 Noise Cancelling Headphones, and apparently the "low battery" alert is a telephone dial tone.

In summary: it had nothing to do with Pandora, it was my headphones.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ttravismc Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

vinegersmite
Local Performer

I just had the exact same issue, it was driving me to distraction. The music on Pandora would pause, I would clearly hear the sound of a telephone dial tone, then the music would start playing again.

After exiting various apps and closing browser windows, I finally realized it was my headphones! I was using Cowin E7 Noise Cancelling Headphones, and apparently the "low battery" alert is a telephone dial tone.

In summary: it had nothing to do with Pandora, it was my headphones.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing us with that helpful information, @vinegersmite. 🤝

0 Kudos

kristin172429
Local Performer

MY HERO! Thank you! It was driving me batty. Charging the headphones now. 🙂 

jaecoleman
Local Performer

Same issue happening for me.   I am on my phone.  Have. Bluetooth speaker outside with me I am connected to. About once a min or two I get the busy signal sound.  I don’t have any headphones connected.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @jaecoleman. 👋

Sounds similar to what other community friends have experienced with the low battery alert.

In the meantime, I would recommend re-pairing your bluetooth speaker to your phone. Could you also ensure that the speaker is charged? 

If you continue to have trouble, could you share the make and model of your phone as well as your speaker device?

Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos