cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing out of place music on my k-pop station

Thekigga
Local Performer

Why the hell is chinese music playing on a kpop station. That is racist af. Why is this happening? Also I get ads strictly in spanish while listening to kpop. I get it if i was listening to a spanish music station but wtf is the point of the ads if most likely 90% of the people listening to that station doesnt understand. This is appalling at best.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Reply

TannerPandora

Hi @Thekigga  thanks for posting to community. I've moved your message to the My Collection board to keep things organized. 

We're currently working hard to build up our international music collection. While we are hard at work to improve our collection of other genres of "world" music, keep in mind that analyzing world music requires different listening skills and music theory knowledge on the parts of our Music Analysts. It's a huge undertaking, but we're really excited about it. We do our best to keep our listeners informed of new offerings on Pandora, so you can follow our blog for any new developments.

In the meantime, here are some tips to improve your station experience: 

1. Thumb down tracks that do not fit. This will prevent that song from playing again, and Pandora will learn more about what you don't want to hear.
  2. Make sure each of the thumbs-up you've given fits in with the type of station you are trying to create. If not, then remove that thumbs-up rating from the station page.
  3. When listening from a computer or a mobile device, you can access Pandora Modes to customize your station experience. You can pick different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts.

++

We do our best to deliver ads to our significant number of Spanish-speaking listeners based on the small amount of demographic info that we collect when you register a Pandora account. This is limited to gender, age, and postal code, as well as some of the stations you create on your account. Sometimes, however, our estimates are incorrect and Spanish ads are delivered to the wrong listeners. We're sorry if this has been creating a negative experience for you.

Our ad operations team is aware of your feedback and they are working hard to improve how our Spanish ads are delivered. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport