cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing out of place tracks on station

frogsgoribbit
Local Performer

I come across the same thing on the Bubblegum Oldies station. I have thumb down on every religious song that comes on. I seem to get more religious songs. This seems to be a new problem in the last six months or so. I can't provide any specific on the religious songs, as there are numerous. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

Pandora Update 8/2/22:

Hi everyone! 👋🏽

Pandora tries to improve the chances that you will enjoy every song that plays. It does this by using a combination of the detailed information in the Music Genome Project, the station seeds and Thumbs feedback you have given, and feedback given by other listeners under similar conditions.

We hope that the music Pandora plays will be just what you wanted, but occasionally Pandora will surprise you. When it's a welcome surprise give the song a Thumbs Up. Otherwise give it a Thumbs Down. This will help make your stations play more music that you like.

You can also use Pandora Modes to customize your station experience when you're listening on our website or your mobile device. Pick from different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts.

Thumbs given in a specific mode will guide the station in that direction. For example, if you prefer to hear the hits, and not much new music, listen under Crowd Faves and use Thumbs to direct your station.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

This being said, if you believe you are hearing wildly out of place tracks on one of your stations, we are happy to help look into it further.

The next time it happens, please write us back with the following:

• The name of the station where this occurred:
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

View solution in original post

73 Replies

AdamPandora

@frogsgoribbit I took a look at your Bubblegum Oldies station, and can see the out of place tracks are being pulled from a song seed that you added:  Eagles Wings byHillsong Worship

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional song that you added to your station: 

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 11.38.21 AM.png

You can delete any of the bad seeds by editing your station.

To delete that bad seed from a computer:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

To delete that bad seed from a mobile device:

2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  5. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

cjstout
Local Performer

You're not alone Matt.  The lack of user control is maddening and worse, the addition of CD's with "Parental Advisory" labels on them means for my Jazz station I have to endure swearing at the beginning of a track.  I want Jazz, not Eminem, Kanye West and all of the other hip hop mumblers talking about how pissed of they are with life or how they somehow got a bad deal.  

I'm going to try to give Adam and chance with the engineering team, but if that doesn't work, I'll go to the more expensive Amazon Music to avoid these hassles.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Pandora Update 8/2/22:

Hi everyone! 👋🏽

Pandora tries to improve the chances that you will enjoy every song that plays. It does this by using a combination of the detailed information in the Music Genome Project, the station seeds and Thumbs feedback you have given, and feedback given by other listeners under similar conditions.

We hope that the music Pandora plays will be just what you wanted, but occasionally Pandora will surprise you. When it's a welcome surprise give the song a Thumbs Up. Otherwise give it a Thumbs Down. This will help make your stations play more music that you like.

You can also use Pandora Modes to customize your station experience when you're listening on our website or your mobile device. Pick from different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts.

Thumbs given in a specific mode will guide the station in that direction. For example, if you prefer to hear the hits, and not much new music, listen under Crowd Faves and use Thumbs to direct your station.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

This being said, if you believe you are hearing wildly out of place tracks on one of your stations, we are happy to help look into it further.

The next time it happens, please write us back with the following:

• The name of the station where this occurred:
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

AdamPandora

@cjstout I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to:
  • The date/time the out of place track(s) played

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

jimb6451
Local Performer

All the other stations I use keep the type of music consistent with the theme. But not the Daniel O'Donnell station. No matter consistently giving a thumbs down to the hiphop music, 75 percent still plays hiphop. How do I get this fixed? This has been happening for months. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@jimb6451 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

took a look at your Daniel O'Donnell Radio station, and can see the out of place tracks are being pulled from an additional seed that you added:  Ninety (Hip-Hop)

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional song that you added to your station: 

Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 9.55.20 AM.png

You can delete any of the bad seeds by editing your station.

2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

del_sol
Local Performer

I listen to Elevation Worship station and for some odd reason recently its been playing both Christian contemporary as usual as well as - Tesla, Quiet Riot, Black Sabbath, Motely Crue...and while I love most of those bands I would like to NOT listen to them while I'm playing a worship station. SOME ONE HELP! And yes I'm not on thumbs up for Elevations Worship nor am I on my Thumbprint Radio. 😞

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @del_sol. 👋

Sorry for any trouble this has caused.

I've looked at your account and found that you have added an errant seed, Reckless Love, to that station. That's why you're hearing tracks that don't fit as this is actually Finnish glam rock/metal band. I think you may have been trying to add the song "Reckless Love" by Cory Asbury instead.

Here's a screenshot of your Elevation Worship Radio station details:

Screen Shot 2022-08-04 at 10.50.00 AM.png

++

Removing Bad Song + Artist Seeds:

I've gone ahead and removed that bad seed for you. If this happens again in the future, you can delete the bad seed by editing your station.

Hope this helps. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

ShelleyRunyon
Underground

Hi, I wasn't sure how to post here, but I'm having an issue with my Yoko Kanno station. It's suddenly begun to play a lot of guitar music, which isn't even close to what it should be playing. Please advise.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@ShelleyRunyon The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to: Yoko Kanno
  • The date/time the out of place track(s) played

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

ShelleyRunyon
Underground

I did hit the thumbs down, multiple times, but it kept happening. I was listening to My Station.

ShelleyRunyon_0-1659985635997.png

Andrew York, Diagrams, Suite for Guitars

I gave it a thumbs down and the next piece was another guitar number

0 Kudos

MDV_1
Local Performer

I don't have a single country music station in My Collection.  I do a thumbs down to anything country.  Today, twice my "Coldplay Station" has been interrupted with country music. First by Luke Combs' "This One's for You", then by a song from Carrie Underwood (didn't get the name).  There is no thumbs down or up icon.  It only gives me the option to replay, go back or go forward.
This has never happened before.  I can't find a setting that will make this stop.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@ShelleyRunyon It looks like you have two stations created for the same artist:

Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 4.34.42 AM.png

The out of place tracks appear to be playing on the first station (with no album art showing).

Since that is the station you appear to having issues with, I recommend removing it from your collection, and streaming the second station you have collected instead.

If out of place tracks continue to play on the second station as well, please reply back to this message with the same information requested in my message above.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@MDV_1 I'm showing you actually played both of those tracks on-demand.Those tracks did not play while listening to your Coldplay Radio station. This means you may have accidentally searched or saw those tracks somewhere in the app/website, and manually selected to play them.

This would explain why you weren't seeing any option to give Thumb ratings while those tracks were playing - the option to provide Thumb ratings is only available when listening to your regular stations.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

ShelleyRunyon
Underground

I followed your suggestion and haven't had a problem since. Thanks so much for your help!  Have a great day and stay safe!

AdamPandora

Happy to hear it, @ShelleyRunyon.

Enjoy the music! 🎶

0 Kudos

MDV_1
Local Performer

Hi Adam,

That is pretty bizarre, as both times it happened, my phone was sitting charging behind me while Pandora played through the my Bluetooth speaker. As I said, I don't listen to Country music and would not have searched it.

I have switched to another Pandora created station and have not had that issue.  I will return to this feed if it happens again.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Sounds good, @MDV_1.

If it happens again, please grab a screenshot of the Country song that is playing, and we'll be happy to further investigate. 

0 Kudos

CynthiaToday
Local Performer

Hello, I've been using Pandora for years. I've got a David Gray playlist I've been listening to and refining over those years. Maybe a month ago, it started playing religious songs and I can't figure out why. Every time a religious song show up I down thumb them... every time. Yet, they keep showing up. Different songs each time. No, really, I don't want a religious song in my playlist.

I read the other posts that talk about out of place songs like this one: https://community.pandora.com/t5/My-Collection/Hearing-out-of-place-tracks-on-station/td-p/101272

I tried the recommendations in this thread and I don't see any "bad seed" listings. This was checked in my browser pandora.com entries, my phone and computer Sonos listings and my phone pandora app. None of them show bad seeds.

The fact that years of this list never (really NEVER!) gave me religious songs and now it does says it's something Pandora changed. Why? Why can't I say "never give me religious songs?"

Please check your change in song selection you've recently implemented and fix the religious song prevalence problem.

0 Kudos