cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing out of place tracks on station

frogsgoribbit
Local Performer

I come across the same thing on the Bubblegum Oldies station. I have thumb down on every religious song that comes on. I seem to get more religious songs. This seems to be a new problem in the last six months or so. I can't provide any specific on the religious songs, as there are numerous. 

Labels (2)
107 Replies

AdamPandora

@CynthiaToday I've escalated your feedback over to our engineering team so they can help look into this further.

In the meantime, please make sure you continue to thumb down any religious tracks that play on your David Gray station.

Thanks for your patience!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

andi3
Underground

I have a gentle guitar station Silver Moon. I am getting classical guitar music and using thumbs down is not getting rid of the invasion of classical guitar. Can you help me identify the source? And fix it. Using Thumbs Down is not fixing the problem. I have included screen shots of the out of category musicScreenshot (853).pngScreenshot (854).pngScreenshot (855).pngScreenshot (856).pngScreenshot (857).pngScreenshot (858).pngScreenshot (859).png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@andi3 I took a look at your Silver Moon Radio station, and can see the out of place tracks are being pulled from an additional seed that you added: Sharon Isbin

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional seed that you added to your station: 

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 8.20.12 AM.png

You can delete any of the bad seeds by editing your station.

To delete that bad seed from a computer:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

To delete that bad seed from a mobile device:

2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  5. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Lmermade
Local Performer

Ditto for me too! Out of character songs play, thumbs down, keeps happening….never in prior years, just  in recent months. It seems to be a pattern every so often…like to make sure your paying attention or active listening and have to click. I think it’s intentional somehow or there is a hack going on. I’m getting oldies songs interrupting my funk

AdamPandora

@Lmermade The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to:
  • The date/time the out of place track(s) played
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

amandagois
Underground
My pandora account keeps play heavy metal with death growl music inside my classic rock station.

I keep clicking thumbs down but somehow it returns.
I am cancelling my account

alexanders
Local Performer

How do I get Pandora to stop playing children's music on my station. I have downloaded about 40 songs and somehow Pandora can't understand that the only thing they all have in common is that it's marked children's. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@amandagois I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@alexanders I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

Stelcom66
Opening Act

@alexanders  You downloaded songs from Pandora? 

0 Kudos

gpx21dlr
Local Performer

Why RAP on FERRANTE&TEICHER station? I don't understand this. I want piano/instrumental music NOT

RAP!

amandagois
Underground
I am too. I and they add music I hate to my station even though I thumbs down constantly

Amanda Gois
St. Paul’s Senior Services

AdamPandora

@amandagois Did you still need assistance with this?

If so, please follow up with the information I requested in my message above and I'll be happy to help look into it further.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@gpx21dlr I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

took a look at your Ferrante & Teicher Radio station, and can see the out of place tracks are being pulled from an additional seed that you added: 50 Cent

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional seed that you added to your station: 

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 4.39.26 AM.png

You can delete any of the bad seeds by editing your station.

To delete that bad seed from a computer:

2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

To delete that bad seed from a mobile device:

2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  5. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

joca133
Underground

I have listened to the same "relaxation" station for years, created from "relaxed" tracks (not a genre station).

1DB5A8E9-6854-4B42-88A4-E609DA6CD041.jpeg

All my thumbs up (60) are for relaxing music and, despite constantly thumbing down any tracks I don't like (58+), Im getting techno/dance music blasting through every couple tracks. Also the selection of good tracks seems limited and not expanding, repeating the same thumbs up tracks only. It used to be a great station, until about a year ago when this started.

It's insane that two completely opposite genres are merging. Any tips?

AdamPandora

@joca133 The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to: Relaxation Radio

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

joca133
Underground

Easy 1 out of 5 tracks is completely out of the genre. This is bothersome, to put it mildly.

The name of the station you were listening to: Relaxation Radio
The date/time the out of place track(s) played: 8/15/2022 11:04
The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.: Bob Marley & The Wailers
The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.: Buffalo Soldier
Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down? Yes.
Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts? Not that I am aware of.

Another one.  This one is categorized as trance roots, four-on-the-floor beats, rock influences, electronica influences, beats made for dancing. Nothing relaxing about this!!

The name of the station you were listening to: Relaxation Radio
The date/time the out of place track(s) played: 8/15/2022 11:07
The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.: John O'Callaghan & Sarah Howells
The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.: Find Yourself
Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down? Yes.
Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts? Not that I am aware of.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for following up, @joca133.

took a look at your Relaxation Radio station, and can see the out of place tracks are being pulled from some additional seeds that you added.

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional seeds that you added to your station: 

Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 10.16.57 AM.png

I've gone ahead and removed those seeds from your station to resolve the issue.

If you continue to receive out of place tracks on that station, please reply back to this thread and let us know.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

joca133
Underground

No idea. Maybe the two tracks used to create my station? Also no idea how it will work without them, much less why they would cause dance/techno/reggae music to play. The lord works in mysterious ways here.

0 Kudos

Stelcom66
Opening Act

Maybe - I've seen AdamPandora refer to them a few times. Yes, working in mysterious ways applies to the playlists here lately. My situation is annoying enough, but to have that genre play on Relaxation Radio is nothing short of crazy. I may check out that station, sounds like it may be similar to Chill Out Radio. I found an alternate I listen to when I get sick of Thumbing Down tracks which is similar. Don't want to say the station because I'm afraid I'll jinx it. It's not prone to the weird vocals as much as Chill Out has been, which has only gotten worse. As I've mentioned before - it's like a programmer is reading these posts and fooling with the playlists to tick us off.