cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing out of place tracks on station

Jkononchik
Local Performer

Why is it that every so often, somedays more often than others, if I’m listening to lets say Motown Radio or another station I’ll get some random song from Creedence Clearwater, Beatles, Eagles, etc. that has nothing related to the genre of that station that I am listening to? This drives me crazy. Is this the same with Pandora Plus?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
370 Replies

SpdKilz
Local Performer

I have been listening to a station (Dubstep) for over a decade and have "liked" a couple hundred songs throughout the years.  Doing so has changed what songs the station plays versus what it originally would have played.  Overnight it has gone from playing my type of songs back to almost 100% dubstep, and plays only one or two liked songs for every 50 songs I skip/downvote.

This is very frustrating as the station has been forever evolving to my change in music taste and that seems to be gone, with very few of the "liked" songs showing up.

Any help on getting the station back to what it was?

0 Kudos

bigdogguy
Local Performer

I have classical music tracks showing up on my Michael W Smith station
I had once liked a particular song that was featured on a classical album, it began offering classical constantly, I deleted the track that started it all and have spent several months thumbs downing every classical song that comes on, but the classical continues to dominate my station. I  was not using Discovery/Deep/Crowd modes.

Help?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@bigdogguy After taking a look at your Michael W Smith Radio station, I found that you have added an errant seed, Agnus Dei (Intermezzo from L'arlésienne Suite No.2, No.6) by
Andrea Bocelli
 to that station. That's why you're hearing tracks that don't fit.

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing this errant seed:

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 7.40.36 AM.png

You can delete the bad seed by editing your station.

To delete that bad seed from a computer:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

To delete that bad seed from a mobile device:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  5. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

Hope this helps!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

bigdogguy
Local Performer

Thank you, I did not catch that since it is the same title as a song written by MWS

AdamPandora

@bigdogguy Always happy to help! 😁

0 Kudos

Hanhud1
Local Performer

My favorite station that I’ve been fine tuning with likes and skips for years just totally forgot all about our past together and now plays whatever it wants, I’m broken hearted 💔

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@SpdKilz I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

To clarify, are you having issues with wildly out of place tracks playing on Dubstep Radio station?

If so, the next time this happens, can you please write me back with the following?

• The name of the station where this occurred: Dubstep Radio
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Hanhud1 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

To clarify, are you having issues with wildly out of place tracks playing on one of your stations?

If so, the next time this happens, can you please write me back with the following?

• The name of the station where this occurred:
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Autolycus81
Local Performer

Hey Adam, 

Thanks for helping.  First example I heard:

Station: Irish Pub Rock radio

Artist: Edgar Meyer, Bela Fleck, Mike Marshall

Track: Big Country

Didn't thumb down at the time because I didn't remember that part of the instructions.

Don't know what those modes are, don't think I was using one?

Anything else? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Autolycus81 Thanks for following up.

I will actually need a screenshot of the next out of place track that plays, as well as for you to give that track a Thumbs Down on your end.

The next time that happens, please make sure to follow up with that information, and I'll be happy to further assist from there.

Thanks again for working with me on this! 

0 Kudos

SBacklin
Local Performer

I came across this thread on the web when searching for information on why Pandora keeps playing songs out of place.  For example, I play the 80s station and the song 'Blinding Lights' by The Weeknd keeps coming up.  Now, that song is a good song but it does NOT belong on the 80s station.  I specifically avoid using thumb ratings.

However, months ago, I've noticed these ghost thumb ratings showing up on my profile.  They are/were ratings for songs I've never heard of nor would I look to listen to. They weren't ever able to get deleted.  Pandora support says they're aware and working on it but, no response after that.  As of this post, my profile shows 17 thumb ratings but, the page where the thumb ratings is located, is blank.  So Pandora's systems are jacked and I'm seriously believing now these issues are connected.  Does any of the support reps on this forum have any insight and information?

0 Kudos