cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing out of place tracks on station

FrostLab
Diamond in the Rough

Station playing VERY wrong genre songs:

Sunday Appropriate(https://www.pandora.com/station/132923261364216789)

Out of place artists(or at least what's showing in the 'artist' spot) & Tracks:
The Grudge 2 (Film Score) - Track: Seme
Secession Studios & Secession Studios - Track: Dancing with Flames
Tadayoshi Makino - Track: FFVII REMAKE: The Drum
Adam Skorupa - Track: An Ominous Place
Wreck-It Ralph (Soundtrack) - Track: Rocket Fiasco (From "Wreck-It Ralph"/Score)
Yuka Kitamura - Track: Malenia, Blade of Miquella
Christopher Young - Track: Dead or Living?
Sean Aschafianski - Track: A Sacrifice
Gareth Coker - Track: Lost In The Misty Woods
Gavin Greenaway - Track: The Might of Rome
Two Steps from Hell & Thomas Bergerson - Track: He's The Giant
Jay Vincent & Michael Kramer - Track: Horns of Destruction
The Corpse Bride (Film Score) - Track: Casting a Spell
Assassin's Creed 2 (Original Game Soundtrack) - Track: Ezo in Florence
Benjamin Wallfisch - Track: Georgie, Meet Pennywise
Kevin Kiner - Track: Darth Maul Breaks Obi-Wan
World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Original Game Soundtrack) - Track: Depths Of Vashj'ir
The Lyndhurst Orchestra & Gavin Greenaway - Track: Am I Not Merciful?
World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King (Original Game Soundtrack) - Track: Angrathar's Shadow
Ron Grainer - Track: Doctor Who 1987
Fallout New Vegas (Original Game Sountrack) - Track: Out of Business
Graeme Revell - Track: Rememberance
Spartacus: Blood And Sand (Film Score) - Track: Reunion Imminent/Tragic Reunion
Mark Ayres - Track: Main Theme (From "A Nightmare On Elm Street")
Natalie Holt - Track: TVA Inner Workings
Anthony Hopkins, Libera, The Lyndhurst Orchestra & Gavin Greenaway - Track: Zimmer: Dear Clarice

Yes, I was able to give these a Thumbs down. I refered to the stations thumbs-down list to give you this^.

As can be seen in the screenshots from my phone, these were all while listening via "My Station" mode

*ATTENTION*  I've also included some screenshots of songs that WERE supposed to be played & it played the piece from The Grudge 2 after playing many of the correct, Thumbs UP'd ones(visibly in the screenshots).  This is to give yall a quick idea of the kind of music the station is SUPPOSED to play.

Seriously guys, this screw up is almost as bad as listening to Christian hymns & then someone blasting Satanic Death Metal music over it.  COMPLETELY the opposite of what I've been led to believe is the point of the Music Genome Project. -_-

Screenshot_20221011-080202_Pandora.png<VERY Out of Place!

Screenshot_20221011-081202_Pandora.png<VERY Out of Place!Screenshot_20221011-090459_Pandora.png<SERIOUSLY SCARY MAN! W.T.H?!Screenshot_20221011-090526_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090531_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090534_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090543_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090547_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090552_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYPandora Playing Ominous Among Hymns -_-.png<THIS one played WHILE I was constructing this post/response!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@FrostLab took a look at your Sunday Appropriate station, and can see the out of place tracks are being pulled from a couple of seeds that you've added: Allan Zavod

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional seeds that you added to your station: 

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 11.54.38 AM.png

You can delete any of the bad seeds by editing your station.

To delete that bad seed from a computer:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

To delete that bad seed from a mobile device:

2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  5. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

106 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@FrostLab took a look at your Sunday Appropriate station, and can see the out of place tracks are being pulled from a couple of seeds that you've added: Allan Zavod

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional seeds that you added to your station: 

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 11.54.38 AM.png

You can delete any of the bad seeds by editing your station.

2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.

Hope this helps!

FrostLab
Diamond in the Rough

Ok, so is there more than one Allan Zavod?? There's this guy & this guy.  How do I get the music from the second one to be seeded in this station?(Particularly from his "24 Sacred Hymns for Missionaries' album)  That album doesn't seem to show up in the former Allan's discography there on the Wiki, nor do I see any songs from it when trying to add such seeds to the station. :S

I have removed the seed's you pointed me to, we'll see how it goes from here.  Thx for your time!

Edit: Yea, same guy, though I don't understand how there's an album released in 2020 with him as artist when he died 2016🤔.  Shame none of his music on the aforementioned hymns for missionaries album seems to be in the Music Genome Project. 😒   It's been several hours now issue free.  Many Thx!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@FrostLab Glad to hear that is helping.

If there are any particular songs or albums you'd like to suggest we add to our collection, feel free to post them here.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community!

FrostLab
Diamond in the Rough

Oh, excellent, thx! 😀

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @FrostLab. 😎

0 Kudos

Pammie16
Underground

I have definitely been have the same issue that everyone is mentioning. I have station's specifically with instrumental music for concentrating at work, but my liked songs on other stations just keep playing. My country songs play on my rock station. I don't want the stations seemingly on shuffle all the time, but everything plays no matter what station I select anymore.

I just tested this today. I put of on one of my instrumental stations and after 2 songs, it's like it was on shuffle again.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pammie16 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to:
  • The date/time the out of place track(s) played
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

Birdie13
Underground

Same is happening to "Best of the 80s Reloaded Radio" for several months now it's playing songs released in the 2000's even ones released in 2022.  I've played this station for a very long time and now 8 out of every 10 songs is thumbed down as it doesn't belong.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Birdie13 The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to: Best of the 80s Reloaded Radio
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

Pammie16
Underground

@AdamPandora I did as you asked and documented when an out of place track occurred. I was listening to my "Go **ahem** Yourself Radio" station today (1/19/23) around 3:30pm PST. An out of place song on the station played so I it thumbs down. The song was Between Twilight by Lindsey Sterling. It is one of my favorite songs on my instrumental station, but it is very out of place for the station I was listening to.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Pammie16 Thanks for sharing your experience with that station.

I've passed your report over to our engineering team so they can help look into it further.

In the meantime, please continue to give a Thumbs Down to any track you feel is out of place on that station.

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos

Birdie13
Underground

The name of the station you were listening to: Best of the 80s Reloaded
Radio
Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down? Yes
Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep
Cuts? No
Attaching date and time screen shot for the files. Will send other emails
as I can't include everything in one email.[image: date-time.JPG]

Those times are all in Central Time zone.

Sent emails, not sure you get those so posting here as well.

1. The date/time the out of place track(s) playeddate-time.JPG

1. The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
    2. The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.

List of song title, artist and year released

Heartbeatz (feat, Karen Danzig) - Country:Australia Released:      2006
3 (Britney Spears) – year 2013
Go It Alone (feat. Sarah Howells) Dash Berlin – year 2012

Skin (Sylver) – Year 2000
Storm (Milk Inc.) – year 2010
9pm[Till I Come] (ATB) – year 1999
hot (INNA) – year 2010
Sanctificum (Tiesto) – 1999
Run a mile (late night alumni) – 2010
Evacuate the dancefloor (radio Edition) ( Cascada) – 2009
Freestyle Megamix Radio Edition (Bad Boy Joe) – 2001
 (Album Version) (Groove Coverage) – 2002

Because the night (Cascada) – 2008

Stereo Love ( Edward maya & Vika Jigulina) – 2010

Sanctuary (Feat. Lucy Saunders)(Gareth Emery) – 2011

Feels so Good – (Armi8n Van Buuren) – 2011

Half as much (sylver) – 2006

Around the world (La La La La La)(Atc) – 2000

Concrete Angel (Gareth Emery) – 2012

Screen shots

Screenshot_20230123-123154.png

Screenshot_20230123-123544.png

Screenshot_20230123-123554.png

Screenshot_20230123-124515.png

Screenshot_20230123-125413.png

Screenshot_20230123-125923.png

Screenshot_20230123-125945.png

Screenshot_20230123-130413.png

Screenshot_20230123-141704.png

Screenshot_20230123-142725.png

Screenshot_20230123-142739.png

Screenshot_20230123-151140.png

Screenshot_20230123-154831.png

Screenshot_20230123-155238.png

Screenshot_20230123-160041.png

Screenshot_20230123-160054.png

Screenshot_20230123-160105.png

Screenshot_20230123-160118.png

Screenshot_20230123-160143.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Birdie13 It looks like there is an issue with that station you created:

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 4.38.25 AM.png

That doesn't appear to be one of our curated Genre stations for the 80s.

I recommend creating a new station based off of either one of your favorite tracks from the 80s, or checking out some our curated 80s stations here.

In the meantime, I've passed your feedback along regarding your existing 80s station to our engineering team so they can further investigate.

0 Kudos

Birdie13
Underground

This was a premade station I choose off of Pandora years ago, not sure what you mean by a station I created.  It's been great for years until 6-8 months ago when it went to **ahem**.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Birdie13 I took another look at your Best of the 80s Reloaded station, and can see the out of place tracks are being pulled from a couple of seeds that you've added: Dyce

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 11.55.25 AM.png

You can delete the bad seed by editing your station.

Hope this helps!

Birdie13
Underground

Thank you.  I'm not sure how that got there as it wasn't on purpose so assuming grabbing the phone at some point did it but anyway it's fixed.  Never knew to look there, thanks again.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Birdie13 Always happy to help!

0 Kudos

Lilone19
Local Performer

In the past year one of my favorite stations content randomly has changed from dance music to only gangster music i have never heard of.  Is there any way to fix this? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lilone19 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to:

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos