cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing out of place tracks on station

hornet02
Local Performer

Was taken here from another link that said that thread was closed and the issue resolved. For at least the last 3 days my kids Disney the lion king channel has been going way off channel. Lots of spiritual music, touching calm liquid mind,Enya, Neal Schon bandelero, Weird show tunes now where near associated with anything Disney. As a parent I’m concerned with other threads mentioning explicit songs showing up. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

Pandora Update 3/23/22:

Hi everyone! 👋🏽

Pandora tries to improve the chances that you will enjoy every song that plays. It does this by using a combination of the detailed information in the Music Genome Project, the station seeds and Thumbs feedback you have given, and feedback given by other listeners under similar conditions.

We hope that the music Pandora plays will be just what you wanted, but occasionally Pandora will surprise you. When it's a welcome surprise give the song a Thumbs Up. Otherwise give it a Thumbs Down. This will help make your stations play more music that you like.

You can also use Pandora Modes to customize your station experience when you're listening on our website or your mobile device. Pick from different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts.

Thumbs given in a specific mode will guide the station in that direction. For example, if you prefer to hear the hits, and not much new music, listen under Crowd Faves and use Thumbs to direct your station.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

This being said, if you believe you are hearing wildly out of place tracks on one of your stations, we are happy to help look into it further.

The next time it happens, please write us back with the following:

• The name of the station where this occurred:
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
70 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @hornet02. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. I'm very sorry if this has caused a negative listening experience.

I've taken a deeper look at your station and I do see that you were able to Thumb Down those tracks from your end. Thank you for taking the time to list the songs and use the Thumb Down feature. I have reopened that ticket with our engineering team and share a screenshot of the songs so that they can investigate further. 

The station you've noticed this happen with is Walt Disney's The Lion King (Children's) Radio.

At this time, I would recommend trying this Disney Radio station instead while our engineering team investigates. 

Thank you for your patience while we work on this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Ouka
Local Performer

I have a Pandira station I've been using for the better part of a decade.  It's been fine until last week.  It's full of upvotes of jpop and kpop music. 

Last week it started to increasingly suggest American grunge and garage music.  Not my cup of tea.  Today more than half the songs that come up are grunge/garage.  I keep down voting but it's just an onslaught that won't stop.  Please help!  Now I'm spending half my time screaming at Alexa to "thumbs down" and then getting stuck with no more skips!

Pr7izes
Local Performer

The same thing is happening to me. I posted a similar problem today and hope that you get an answer.

Hello,

Since 2013, I've been curating a station I created for female vocalists. I call it "She Wolf Radio."

Today I thumbed down at least 100 tracks in a row. Everything from rap, country, 80s, techno, to ukulele. This is new behavior and I don't know why 9 years of thumbs up/down ratings are suddenly irrelevant.

I have Pandora Plus, and renewed in February.

Can anyone explain what is happening?

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

starsun
Local Performer

This is ABSOLUTELY annoying and it's driving me insane!!!
I had my pandora account for years.
on my "Epic Soundtracks Radio" station, it ONLY plays film scores mostly.
Since 2-3 months back it's playing songs from the 70-80s.

"Based on what you've told us so far, we're playing this track because it features vocal harmonies, romantic lyrics, prominent percussion, orchestral arranging and mixed acoustic and electric instrumentation."

No matter what I do, no matter how many times I press thumbs down it plays a song from the 80's every other **ahem** song and for months it's been agonizing me not being able to do ANYTHING About it.
I was actually interested in being a paid member but after this I'm strongly considering switching to another platform.
Like right now it's playing "Jackie Jackie Wilson - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher"

Literally driving me insane!!

AdamPandora

@Ouka I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to
  • The date/time the out of place track(s) played
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Pr7izes I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to: She Wolf Radio

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@starsun I took a look at your Epic Soundtracks Radio station, and can see the out of place tracks are being pulled from an artist seed that you added: Tyler Bates

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional artist that you added to your station:

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 6.19.05 AM.png

You can delete any of the bad seeds by editing your station.

To delete that bad seed from a computer:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

To delete that bad seed from a mobile device:

2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  5. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@hornet02 Our engineering team has provided some guidance and recommend that you create a new station based off of one of your favorite tracks from one of the Lion King Soundtracks:

Here are links to the two Soundtracks we have available in our catalog:

Starting fresh with a new station based off of one of your favorite Lion King tracks should resolve the issue you were experiencing.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

bgmuser-one
Local Performer

I listen to New Age music, but I continue to be interrupted with demonic music & head banger music. I can expect to hear 3 to 4 of this disgusting music. Is there anyone who has the same issue? What you may have done to stop this.

Thank you, BGMUSER

UncleBud
Radio Rotation

@bgmuser-one Hey I'll tag 1 of the moderators @AdamPandora  He will probably want to know what station you're listening to so they can look into it further.

burgertime
Opening Act

We should trade, I get Enya playing on my metal station. Hail satan! 🤘

I do love me some Enya, though.

0 Kudos

malgron
Local Performer

I setup a reggaeton station gasoline radio but I get tons of pop and hip hop. How do I stop getting songs from artists like Salina gomez, Jay z, dr Dre, Beyonce. The thumbs down isn't filtering and every time I play station I run out of thumbs down 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@malgron I took a look at your Gasolina Radio station, and can see the out of place tracks are being pulled from a couple of artist seeds that you added:

• N.O.R.E.
  • Shakira

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional artists that you added to your station:

Screen Shot 2022-03-23 at 10.05.27 AM.png

2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Pandora Update 3/23/22:

Hi everyone! 👋🏽

Pandora tries to improve the chances that you will enjoy every song that plays. It does this by using a combination of the detailed information in the Music Genome Project, the station seeds and Thumbs feedback you have given, and feedback given by other listeners under similar conditions.

We hope that the music Pandora plays will be just what you wanted, but occasionally Pandora will surprise you. When it's a welcome surprise give the song a Thumbs Up. Otherwise give it a Thumbs Down. This will help make your stations play more music that you like.

You can also use Pandora Modes to customize your station experience when you're listening on our website or your mobile device. Pick from different modes like Crowd Faves, Discovery and Deep Cuts.

Thumbs given in a specific mode will guide the station in that direction. For example, if you prefer to hear the hits, and not much new music, listen under Crowd Faves and use Thumbs to direct your station.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

This being said, if you believe you are hearing wildly out of place tracks on one of your stations, we are happy to help look into it further.

The next time it happens, please write us back with the following:

• The name of the station where this occurred:

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

bgmuser-one
Local Performer

Here is your screen shot, 3/24/2022, 3:23 pm. At The Gates.PNG

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@bgmuser-one I took a look at your Moodswings Radio station, and can see the out of place tracks are being pulled from a song seed that you added: Tyler Bates

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional artist that you added to your station: Enigma by Edge Of Sanity.

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional artist that you added to your station:

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 6.25.38 AM.png

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

morrighan42
Underground

I have a station Yoshida Brothers Radio, it has a single seed, yet I am constantly getting suggestions that are completely out of place, mostly from things I've liked on other stations. This is incredibly annoying and I worry that disliking songs on this station will affect what is played on other stations since the option to move a song to another station is no longer there. Why isn't there an option to turn off Pandora recommendations?

AdamPandora

@morrighan42 The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to: Yoshida Brothers Radio

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

Yowza
Local Performer

I don’t have any “bad seed” songs, and I am in the “my station” mode yet I am getting annoying out of place music on my stations that I have had for 12 years. 
what have you done Pandora and when will you fix it?!