cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing out of place tracks on station

frogsgoribbit
Local Performer

I come across the same thing on the Bubblegum Oldies station. I have thumb down on every religious song that comes on. I seem to get more religious songs. This seems to be a new problem in the last six months or so. I can't provide any specific on the religious songs, as there are numerous. 

Labels (2)
114 Replies

Stelcom66
Opening Act

Today I got an email from Pandora to take a survey. It was only a few hours later when I attempted to and it had expired! I heard a rap song on Chill Out, and I thought it couldn't get any worse. I read sometimes Pandora will attempt to 'surprise' us. Absolutely ridiculous. I don't want to be surprised when listening to music that I like. The 'surprises' are terrible. That seems like an admission by Pandora they are screwing with the genres, and why it's gotten so bad. I guess I'll need to continue purchasing music from Amazon and making my own playlists.

0 Kudos

lyradd
Underground

How can I stop Pandora from playing songs on one of my channels based on a particular thumb-up?  I thumbed up a song some time ago and now Pandora is playing **ahem** based on that particular thumb-up.  I used to be able to go to the website to determine what thumbed-up song is causing other songs I hate to be played.  I am now unable to do that.  Thumbing down the terrible songs makes no difference as Pandora will soon play another crappy song.  I'm about ready to cancel my subscription as I'm sick of hearing songs that are not remotely close to something I would have thumbed up.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @lyradd 👋

Thanks for posting!

I'm happy to look into this for you, but I'll need a bit more information first. Can you write me back with the following?

• The name of the station where this occurred.
  • The name(s) of the artist(s)/songs that you want to stop playing.

If you need help editing thumbs on that station, please check out this thread: How to Edit Thumbs

Lastly, If anything, I suggest making a fresh station. Sometimes the best thing to do is to simply start over with a fresh station based on a different starting point, such as a related artist or one of your favorite Thumbed Up songs. Note that you can always bring a station back (with all your Seeds and Thumbs intact) by re-adding it.

Let me know what station you need help with and I can take a closer look 👍

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

Stelcom66
Opening Act

What is a 'seed' ?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Stelcom66 A seed is the name of the artist or track you create your station from, or add as variety to it.

Hope this helps clarify.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

amandagois
Underground

I am frustrated.  I created a custom radio station and Pandora keeps inserting Goth ROck into it.  I click thumbs down but the algarythm ignores this.  As a result, I deleted that radio station and created a new one with softer classic rock choices - same thing happening!  40% is goth rock!!!

Ready to delete my account - suggestions?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@amandagois I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to:
  • The date/time the out of place track(s) played
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

lyradd
Underground
The station my email referred to is Piano & Ambient Music. There is no
particular song that I do not want to hear, it is many songs. I liked some
song and in Pandora's infinite wisdom it has decided to play all kinds of
songs I don't want to hear based on this one-liked song. At one point in
the past I could find out what song caused the playing of songs that just
don't belong in my channel. Check the last 10 or so songs I have thumbed
down and maybe you can tell me what liked song is causing the problem so I
can unlike it.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@lyradd took a look at your Piano & Ambient Music Radio station, and can see the out of place tracks are being pulled from an additional seed that you added: Nanda Devi

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional seed that you added to your station: 

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 1.39.22 PM.png

You can delete any of the bad seeds by editing your station.

To delete that bad seed from a computer:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

To delete that bad seed from a mobile device:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  5. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

Hope this helps!

lyradd
Underground

Thanks to AdamPandora I was able to delete the "bad seed".  I just wish I had the ability to discover the "bad seed" on my own.  Clicking on thumbed-down tracks doesn't give you any information like it used to.

AdamPandora

Always happy to help, @lyradd.

If you'd like to create a feature request for your suggestion, feel free to do so here.

I'm sure that is a feature many others would be interested in seeing as well.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

Bwanahunt
Local Performer

This genre issue is also frustrating for me. I only want Christian music and twice during the day, near midnight and in early afternoon you play 2 heavy metal songs I a row. This is aggravating because I have given thumbs down for weeks on all occurrences and it has not stopped. Please pass this on and give a solution. Don’t try to sell me and upgrade to premium as I already pay for the first level. I should already be able to select no heavy metal at this level if I don’t want to hear it. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Bwanahunt I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

Javajunk-e
Local Performer

I have had Pandora Plus for years and recently signed up for the Premium Family Plan so my wife and kids could join in on the fun. Over the years I have several really well-defined stations. Every once in a while, I would thumb down a song that didn’t fit. However, since signing up for Premium, I have been noticing a lot more rogue songs, when I am just playing “My Station” and been thumbing down a lot more songs. These songs don’t even belong in the genre. Has anyone experienced this? I really wish there was a “Do not play this group” button somewhere in the menu. I have been very happy with Pandora, but at this point I’m regretting upgrading my subscription. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Javajunk-e I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

Stelcom66
Opening Act

It's just getting worse. I hate having to keep intervening and doing thumbs down. I hate 'surprises'. Like you and others I was quite satisfied with Pandora until recently. Many others have expressed dissatisfaction with the service lately. My subscription is paid up until January. I don't know if I need to let it ride through until then or if I can cancel prior to that.

0 Kudos

AlbinoWineo
Local Performer

same with Phryday by draft. and it wasn't always like this either

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@AlbinoWineo I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

Deltahb
Local Performer

In the last few months I've had Indian/Bollywood music mixed into my collection somehow, it's just not my genre. It doesn't matter how many times I "thumbs down" one of these tracks, they keep coming back and I'm past the point of annoyance. How do I fix this without wiping out years of preferences?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Deltahb I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos