cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing out of place tracks on station

FrostLab
Diamond in the Rough

Station playing VERY wrong genre songs:

Sunday Appropriate(https://www.pandora.com/station/132923261364216789)

Out of place artists(or at least what's showing in the 'artist' spot) & Tracks:
The Grudge 2 (Film Score) - Track: Seme
Secession Studios & Secession Studios - Track: Dancing with Flames
Tadayoshi Makino - Track: FFVII REMAKE: The Drum
Adam Skorupa - Track: An Ominous Place
Wreck-It Ralph (Soundtrack) - Track: Rocket Fiasco (From "Wreck-It Ralph"/Score)
Yuka Kitamura - Track: Malenia, Blade of Miquella
Christopher Young - Track: Dead or Living?
Sean Aschafianski - Track: A Sacrifice
Gareth Coker - Track: Lost In The Misty Woods
Gavin Greenaway - Track: The Might of Rome
Two Steps from Hell & Thomas Bergerson - Track: He's The Giant
Jay Vincent & Michael Kramer - Track: Horns of Destruction
The Corpse Bride (Film Score) - Track: Casting a Spell
Assassin's Creed 2 (Original Game Soundtrack) - Track: Ezo in Florence
Benjamin Wallfisch - Track: Georgie, Meet Pennywise
Kevin Kiner - Track: Darth Maul Breaks Obi-Wan
World Of Warcraft: Cataclysm (Original Game Soundtrack) - Track: Depths Of Vashj'ir
The Lyndhurst Orchestra & Gavin Greenaway - Track: Am I Not Merciful?
World Of Warcraft: Wrath Of The Lich King (Original Game Soundtrack) - Track: Angrathar's Shadow
Ron Grainer - Track: Doctor Who 1987
Fallout New Vegas (Original Game Sountrack) - Track: Out of Business
Graeme Revell - Track: Rememberance
Spartacus: Blood And Sand (Film Score) - Track: Reunion Imminent/Tragic Reunion
Mark Ayres - Track: Main Theme (From "A Nightmare On Elm Street")
Natalie Holt - Track: TVA Inner Workings
Anthony Hopkins, Libera, The Lyndhurst Orchestra & Gavin Greenaway - Track: Zimmer: Dear Clarice

Yes, I was able to give these a Thumbs down. I refered to the stations thumbs-down list to give you this^.

As can be seen in the screenshots from my phone, these were all while listening via "My Station" mode

*ATTENTION*  I've also included some screenshots of songs that WERE supposed to be played & it played the piece from The Grudge 2 after playing many of the correct, Thumbs UP'd ones(visibly in the screenshots).  This is to give yall a quick idea of the kind of music the station is SUPPOSED to play.

Seriously guys, this screw up is almost as bad as listening to Christian hymns & then someone blasting Satanic Death Metal music over it.  COMPLETELY the opposite of what I've been led to believe is the point of the Music Genome Project. -_-

Screenshot_20221011-080202_Pandora.png<VERY Out of Place!

Screenshot_20221011-081202_Pandora.png<VERY Out of Place!Screenshot_20221011-090459_Pandora.png<SERIOUSLY SCARY MAN! W.T.H?!Screenshot_20221011-090526_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090531_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090534_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090543_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090547_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYScreenshot_20221011-090552_Pandora.png<SUPPOSED TO PLAYPandora Playing Ominous Among Hymns -_-.png<THIS one played WHILE I was constructing this post/response!

Labels (2)
110 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @blueballsince99! Thanks for posting to community.

Sorry for any trouble while listening to Pandora.

I moved your post from Feature Request to an existing troubleshooting thread since it sounds like you're hearing out of place tracks: My Collection: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time this happens, please confirm the station name and the track that played. We can take a closer look at what may be happening.

++

In the meantime, we do have an existing idea - Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres - feel free to upvote this ideas by selecting the heart.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Dlm_3
Local Performer

So besides the horrible customer service of pandora how many of you get constant artists that should not be In playlist.   When listening to slain tejano singer Selena all good until see a Gomez and Luke combs pop up.    Nowhere even close.  As I wrote this listening to Selena, Keith sweat just started.  The customer service team is absolutely garbage. They actually told me to write down date and time this happens.   Yea I track every song to the minute you play. 

0 Kudos

FrostLab
Diamond in the Rough

@Dlm_3 It's best not to even think of them as "customer service reps" & more like fellow users with enhanced reporting & investigating authority/tools. My first lessons here taught me that going into this forum with an expectation that you'll have your frustrations alleviated, or even acknowledged, is setting yurself up for not having expectations met even remotely. I'm even surprised they've not deleted yur post yet for violating some obscure/vague "community guideline"

But, to answer yur question, I can't say I have. That's because I don't listen to playlists, just channels. That said, I find it VERY difficult to get Pandora to play 'songs' akin to Andrew Huang's '20hz' piece. It's like it looks at the rest of his stuff(even when that song is the channel's only seed) when determining what it should play next, instead of only looking @ that song for such contextual info. Also, I was playing a relatively new channel(a fairly specific type of electronic/dubstep-ish music that included some reggae off-beats later in the piece) the other day in 'Discovery' mode & TWICE it played some SPONGEBOB song! 🤨  At first I thought it was gonna be a clip used in the piece(as is often the case in such electronic/Dubstep music), but it turned out to be some full piece of "music" from some SpongeBob show/movie soundtrack:

Screenshot_20230901-161410_Pandora.jpg

Blew my mind!🤯  I was about to report it here but stopped when I realized it was on discovery mode, so probly due to that. Still, I guess I figured what it'd play would at least be in the same genre!🤦‍ It had me wondering what seed I'd added could've possibly resulted in such a horrifically out of place experience. 🤷‍

0 Kudos

Dlm_3
Local Performer

Yea channels not playlist.  Even today.  Turned in Selena and next song was David Guetta.   Also they kept trying to tell me was my fault for clicking thumbs up.   I’m like yea I clicked thumbs up when that song was in a different channel.  Imagine creating a gospel channel for a funeral or something and LIl Wayne comes on I canceled

my SiriusXM subscription cause of this 

0 Kudos

coraco77
Local Performer

I also receive music playing in one of my stations that is irrelevant and not closely related to the station selected.  Pandora needs to improve your music selection algorithm!  They have been at this too long to not know about types of music!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@coraco77 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to:
  • The date/time the out of place track(s) played
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

Diamond in the Rough
Agreed, while I like a wide variety of music on some of my stations, there are times when I have to tell Alexa to thumb down a song.
0 Kudos

BradburyS
Underground

I had accidentally placed a country artist on my blues station.  Although I removed him the same day, now various country songs randomly show up that I thumbs down on, but like wack-a- mole another shows up, and it keeps on, now 3 days. Sure enough here's another now. I'm off to wack it. 

Suggestions? 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BradburyS I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

coraco77
Local Performer

That seems like a lot of work on my part to correct an obvious error in Pandora's algorithm!  There have been too many for me to do all that.  The Downton Abbey soundtrack does not belong in Hymns 4 Worship for example.  I will continue to thumbs down the inappropriate selections.

Thank you.

3C
Opening Act

Out-of-place song ~11:30 EST

3C_0-1697125736016.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing that example, @3C.

took a look at your Electronic Night Flight Radio station, and can see that song in your screenshot was pulled from an additional seed that you've added: On the Silent Wings of Freedom by Yes

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional seed that you added to your station: 

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 10.31.22 AM.png

You can delete the bad seed by editing your station.

To delete that bad seed from a computer:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

To delete that bad seed from a mobile device:

2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  5. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

BradburyS
Underground
Hi Adam, Problem is I can't screen shot the problem with my Lightning
Hopkins station, because it so random.

Background, Someone suggested I add Ralph Stanley to my playlist. When I
realized he had nothing to do with the blues, I quickly removed him from my
list. All but too late.

Now, despite constant thumbs down on all of them, C&W (including R.
Stanley) cuts constantly play on a random basis. Sometimes 3 in a row.

I would really prefer to keep my station than being forced to start over.
I've been a longtime customer and with a doubling of the subscription
price, I think this should be doable. Please help.
Brad

Diamond in the Rough
Pandora has a lot of issues. If it's not out of place songs, it's issues with Alexa. I cancelled my Pandora Plus subscription. Pandora is begging me to come back. They need to fix their issues first.

3C
Opening Act

What is causing me to get Randy California songs now? (2x today). Based on the way things are going, I expect to get every song from Kapt. Kopter and the Fabulous Twirly Birds sent to my station

I suspect I have a general idea of what the issue is. Pandora is classifying songs very generically based on album/artist and not so much by the sound qualities of the individual songs. If you select a song that sounds right for your station, but Pandora considers it to be a 'Folk Rock' song, you will (a) get hammered with every song from that band's catalog, and (b) get hammered with folk rock songs

It would be nice if we could see how Pandora is using each song selection

cseldon
Underground

For some reason, Christmas carols are being played regularly already on Sunday Morning Coffee Radio. Anyone know how to tell Pandora not to play that quite yet?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cseldon I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

cseldon
Underground

I've been having terrible problems with Sunday Morning Coffee Radio. About a month ago, they started mixing in Christmas carols. In October! It's happening almost every other song. Here's a sampling--three songs from this morning, with the last two songs from a few minutes ago. I'm giving the songs a thumbs down, but should they really be playing Christmas carols now?Screenshot (81).pngScreenshot (82).pngScreenshot (83).pngScreenshot (84).pngScreenshot (85).png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cseldon Thanks for providing those examples.

took a look at your Sunday Morning Coffee Radio station, and can see that song in your screenshot was pulled from an additional seed that you've added: Trans-Siberian Orchestra (Holiday)

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional seed that you added to your station: 

Screenshot 2023-10-18 at 11.14.32 AM.png

You can delete the bad seed by editing your station.

To delete that bad seed from a computer:

2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

To delete that bad seed from a mobile device:

2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  5. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

cseldon
Underground

Awesome! I saw the bad seed immediately and deleted. I'm guessing problem solved. Thanks so much for the intel. Greatly appreciate.

I remain a huge Pandora listener

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info