cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing out of place tracks on station

Jkononchik
Local Performer

Why is it that every so often, somedays more often than others, if I’m listening to lets say Motown Radio or another station I’ll get some random song from Creedence Clearwater, Beatles, Eagles, etc. that has nothing related to the genre of that station that I am listening to? This drives me crazy. Is this the same with Pandora Plus?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
370 Replies

AdamPandora

@Widescreened There isn't a limit on the variety of music that can play on Apple TV - it should be the same across all devices.

I'm happy to look into this for you, but I'll need a bit more information first. Can you write me back with the following?

• The name of the station where this occurred.
  • The name(s) of the unrelated artist(s) that begin to play.
  • The title(s) of the unrelated track(s) that begin to play.
  • Were you able to give the track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Let me know, and I'll take a look.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Widescreened
Local Performer

@AdamPandora Thanks for the quick response.  The situation occurs while listening on AppleTV but under my wife's Pandora account where I have shared with her the station.  Here are the answers:

• The name of the station where this occurred: "Wave" - Personally established station
  • The name(s) of the unrelated artist(s) that begin to play: "Big Daddy Weave" "Hillsong United" and a few other gospel/worship style musicians
  • The title(s) of the unrelated track(s) that begin to play: Sorry, I don't remember, I always just skip (because I can't thumbs down due to being listened to on my wife's share) through about three or four songs in a row
  • Were you able to give the track(s) a Thumbs down? No, as mentioned above because listening through wife's Pandora on AppleTV (I shared the station to her account)
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?  I just discovered these modes day before yesterday, and have switched the mode on my account to Discovery.  I'm going to see if this affects my wife listening through the shared account, but it's been great on my my iPhone.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Widescreened Thanks for following up.

Since this is occurring on your wife's account, I am going to have someone from our support team reach out to you privately via email to gather additional details on her account.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 

0 Kudos

VictoriaClark71
Local Performer

yes it is sadly, but it does not happen nearly as often wit pandora plus.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@VictoriaClark71 Are you also running into issues with out of place tracks playing on one of your stations?

If so, I'm happy to look into this for you, but I'll need a bit more information first.

Can you please write me back with the following?

• The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

htimiraos
Local Performer

I used to listen to Canyon Spirits station every night to help relax. Tgere was a few nights in 2016 where at 3am it would switch to black metal make me jump up so startled and when I looked at my phone to see what was playing it still had the Canyon Spirits station still in view. I stopped listening after that. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @htimiraos! Sorry to hear that happened.

I took a look at the 'Canyon Spirits Station' and didn't see anything out of the ordinary on my end. However, it has been 4 years since you said this originally happened and any issue may have corrected itself since then. 

If you give this station another try and notice any out of place songs, please feel free to let us know. 

Thanks for posting! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Etalmage19
Underground

@AdamPandora I've been listening to Adult Lullabys radio station and it just played an R&B song : Cut Throat by B.o.B.  Seriously?  The station is mostly nature sounds and soft piano.  How does this happen?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Etalmage19 Thank you for reporting this.

I have created a ticket for you and escalated your feedback over to our engineers so they can take a closer look at your station.

In the meantime, I recommend continuing to thumb down any un-related tracks that play on that station, or create a new station based off of your favorite track that exemplifies the sound you are looking for.

Thanks for your patience!  

0 Kudos

Middad
Underground

I agree, I listen on my Sony TV app and it scramble to find the remote to thumb down rap after rap song. It jerks my mood every time it occurs. I do not listen to rap at all. I do not like it. I feel it should never, ever come up on a station designated for a specific genre set. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Middad!

Can you write me back with the following?

• The name(s) of the artist(s).
  • The title(s) of the track(s).
  • Were you able to give the track(s) a Thumbs down?

Let me know, and I'll take a look.

++

Update:

I actually believe I found the issue. I've looked at your account and found that you have added an errant seed, Plies, to the 'Front Line Assembly Radio' Station. That's why you're hearing tracks that don't fit.

You can delete the bad seed by editing your station.

To do that:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  • If you're a Pandora Premium subscriber, hover the mouse over the station seed or Thumb you'd like to remove, then click on the ellipses and select Delete.  

• If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, hover the mouse over the station seed or Thumb you'd like to remove and select Delete.

Thanks for posting!

Middad
Underground

I am not even sure how that happened, thank you for telling me how to fix it. Now I know how to add a song i want on any of my stations.  I am now considering upgrading my payed account to the next level. Thank you so much for helping fix this. i am printing your reply for future reference.

Sincerely; Gerald

TannerPandora

Anytime @Middad! If you ever run into trouble again and can't figure it out, feel free to let us know. 

Enjoy the tunes! 😁🎧

Barb2
Local Performer

Anyone having this problem? Several of my regular stations are suddenly playing R&B And other types of songs in the middle of my chosen music. It’s gotten so bad I’ve stopped listening to several of the stations because I can’t keep running over to do a thumbs down every time it happens. 
Suggestions anyone? 

0 Kudos

j__d__b
Local Performer

I have a classical station that's mostly focused on chamber music. The problem is that about every 15-20 songs, it will suddenly start to play a deep house track. This isn't the melodic type of house either, it's the high BPM, atonal, discordant, aggressive type of house/dance/rap music. I try to thumb them down but I don't always listen on a device with a UI.

Is this something I'm just going to have to live with? Is there something I should look for in the station seeds?

https://www.pandora.com/station/751982742708429841

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Barb2 I moved your post to this thread since you are running into a similar issue: Hearing out of place tracks on station

I'm happy to look into this for you, but I'll need a bit more information first.

Thanks for working with me on this. 

Let me know.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Barb2 I moved your post to this thread since you are running into a similar issue: Hearing out of place tracks on station

I'm happy to look into this for you, but I'll need a bit more information first.

Thanks for working with me on this. 

Let me know.

0 Kudos

dowck3
Local Performer

hearing songs that don't fit

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @dowck3. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this. To keep the community space organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

Could you share more about what is happening during your listening sessions?

If possible, please provide the requested information about your station as indicated in @AdamPandora's post here.

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

AdamPandora

@j__d__b Thank you for reporting this.

I have escalated your feedback over to our engineers so they can take a closer look at your station.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!