cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing out of place tracks on station

Jkononchik
Local Performer

Why is it that every so often, somedays more often than others, if I’m listening to lets say Motown Radio or another station I’ll get some random song from Creedence Clearwater, Beatles, Eagles, etc. that has nothing related to the genre of that station that I am listening to? This drives me crazy. Is this the same with Pandora Plus?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
370 Replies

MsHJones
Local Performer

I set a station to a very specific genre (90's r&b), and unfortunately a very wrong song (country & rock influenced artist kenny wayne shepard) was played on my station.
I absolutely hate that I can no longer block artists, because it seems as if it is up to me to keep my station on my genre!!!
Please tell me how to prevent this or how to block artists???

Moderator Edit: Format

AdamPandora

@MsHJones Nice to see you around the community.

The only way to block an artist on a particular station is to continually give their music a thumbs down as they play.

With that being said, this sounds like something our engineers would need to look into - country music should not be playing on your 90s R&B Radio, so this might actually be an issue with your specific station.

Can you please do me a favor and give the next country track that plays on your 90s R&B station a thumbs down? Once that thumbs down rating is given, please reply back to this thread and let me know.

I'll then make sure to pass your feedback along to our engineers so they can further investigate.

Thanks for all your help with this!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

@Patrick_bellows I have passed your feedback along to the folks who take care of our collection.

They will be looking into this station to see what the issue is.

That you for reporting! 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

joemd1960
On the Rise

I am also having the same problem. I am listening to funk jazz, than the next song is Hall and Oats. Most of what I am listening to hardly classifies Funk Jazz. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@joemd1960 Our engineers would need to look into this.

Can you please do me a favor and give the next Hall and Oats track (or any track you feel is out of place) that plays on your Funk Jazz Radio station a thumbs down? Once that thumbs down rating is given, please reply back to this thread and let me know.

I'll then make sure to pass your feedback along to our engineers so they can further investigate.

Thanks for all your help with this!

austinmarr
Local Performer

My custom station "The Unseen" radio is at random (typically after an ad) playing a song and genre of music that isn't even remotely close to the genre. This is a punk rock station I created years ago and sometimes after an ad it plays like a disco song or some sort of EDM.....its super frustrating and annoying. Has anyone else had this issue? It doesn't matter if its on mobile or PC or ApplePlay, does it on all three platforms

AdamPandora

@austinmarr Nice to see you around the community.

After taking a look at your station, it appears that the one you created is for The Unseen (Dance).

I believe the station you attempted to create should instead be for The Unseen (Punk).

I recommend creating a station based off the correct artist seed, and then deleting the unwanted station to avoid any future confusion.

Hope this helps! 

cscovel
Local Performer

no help

AdamPandora

@cscovel Sorry to hear that.

I'm happy to look into this for you, but I'll need a bit more information first. Can you write me back with the following?

• The name of the station where this occurred.
  • The name(s) of the artist(s) that were out of place on that station.
  • The title(s) of the track(s) that played on your station.
  • Were you able to give the track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Let me know, and I'll take a look.

0 Kudos

JuliaRB
Underground

Oh, wow. It's that group of famous traditional Sephardic artists known as QUEEN! 

JuliaRB_0-1581555524356.png

AdamPandora

@JuliaRB One of our engineers is looking into the stations you reported in your initial message.

Thanks again for all your patience with this! 

0 Kudos

JuliaRB
Underground

@AdamPandora Thanks. My patience is coming to an end though. I've been using Pandora for many years with very few problems. In the last several months, problems have become very common. Disliking the random misplaced song or artist on a station doesn't seem to have any impact because it just keeps happening. Granted, it's a small thing in the grand scheme of things, but it is pretty annoying 

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @JuliaRB. 👋

I completely understand how frustrating this must be.

Rest assured @AdamPandora has created a ticket with our engineering team for your specific issue. They are still looking into what is causing this.

Again, we apologize for the continued trouble with your station. 

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

brodygirl
Local Performer

Hello. I would like to report a song that was playing today on the children’s station “Baby Shark Radio”. The song is called 

My Ding-A-Ling
by Gary Burbank & the Goshorn Brothers

This afternoon I was playing this station in my car with my kids and this song started playing. I must have been on the second verse because I was having a conversation with the passenger in the car and I suddenly heard the singer talking about going to a party, not having a present, so letting the girl play with his ding-a-ling.

I immediately turned off the song and I was very disturbed that this was playing on a children’s station. As parents you really have to closely monitor your kids because there are so many messages bombarding your kids with inappropriate messages. This song really sounded like a pedophile anthem. 

I want to report it so so it doesn’t get played on any children’s stations anymore but couldn’t figure out how to do it. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

AdamPandora

@brodygirl Thank you for reporting this to us.

The folks who take care of our collection will be investigating this to ensure it doesn't happen again.

If you happen to see any other explicit tracks play on that station in the meantime, make sure to give them a thumbs down, and reply back to this thread to let me know.

0 Kudos

JuliaRB
Underground

Again. Here's Mark Morrison being a Traditional Macedonian artist. 🙄

JuliaRB_0-1582151886145.png

AdamPandora

@JuliaRB I definitely understand your frustration with this.

Our engineers took a closer a look at the two stations you reported, and mentioned that the thumbs up ratings you've given are skewing the stations from playing their intended genre of music.

They recommend that you remove all thumbs up on both of those stations to start fresh as this should resolve the issue.

You can find steps on how to remove thumb ratings on this help page article.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

JuliaRB
Underground

@AdamPandora I don't mean to be argumentative, but that doesn't make sense. I've had these stations for years, and it's only been since October or November that I've been getting such wildly random stuff.

I've reviewed my thumbs up on Macedonian Traditional. There are 21 in total, which comprise cantigas and the like from the Medieval era, with a few artists along the lines of Loreena McKennitt for whom I gave a thumbs up years ago. Are the engineers seriously suggesting that these skew the station to selections like Cham's Ghetto Story Chapter 2, Redbone's Come and Get Your Love, Beenie Man's Dude, and Journey's Don't Stop Believin'? 

Adanma369
Local Performer

This is so annoying! I’ve been dealing with this problem for months with my jazmine sullivan station. I’m getting grunge music! Wasting all my skips and can’t stop it from happening. Seems like “escalating” this to some other department is the only solution. Or perhaps I should try iHeartRadio?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Adanma369 I moved your post to this thread since it seems more in line with the issue you are experiencing.

I had our support take a look at your account and they found that you have added an errant seed, SSS, to your Jazmine Sullivan station. That's why you're hearing tracks that don't fit.

Screen Shot 2020-02-28 at 6.16.47 AM.png

You can delete the bad seed by editing your station.

To do that from a computer:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  • If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

To do that from a mobile device:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
    • If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, this will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  3. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  4. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Adanma369
Local Performer

Praise Allah! Thanks Adam. And thank Jesus for me too.