cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing out of place tracks on station

Jkononchik
Local Performer

Why is it that every so often, somedays more often than others, if I’m listening to lets say Motown Radio or another station I’ll get some random song from Creedence Clearwater, Beatles, Eagles, etc. that has nothing related to the genre of that station that I am listening to? This drives me crazy. Is this the same with Pandora Plus?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
370 Replies

AdamPandora

@Adanma369 Always happy to help. Thanks for listening! 😎

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

joemd1960
On the Rise

Funny you say that, I put on Motown radio. And the first song is the Beatles, really??😄

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@joemd1960 Thank you for reporting that - I will have one of our engineers take a look at that station specifically to see what is happening. 

We appreciate your patience with this.

lakimamhope1999
Local Performer

Likes from one station are playing on my other stations, it's getting annoying. I don't want to hear Mary J and Monica on my Lil Wayne station.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @lakimamhope1999 I took a look at your 'Lil Wayne Radio' station and I'm not seeing that you thumb-down those tracks.

I'd recommend using your thumbs more to help curate the station.  Pandora stations adapt with every song to try to find the right music for your stations. Without Thumb feedback, Pandora has to guess what songs you like or don't like.

Keep in mind, Thumbs are station specific, giving a Thumb rating on one station will not affect any of your other stations.

Let me know if you're still having trouble. 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

CWBillow
Underground

Why all of a sudden is the station i often use, Arlo Guthrie, splattered with "b--ch", "f--k" and such **ahem**?

First, I do not believe I EVER heard Arlo Guthrie talk like that.  Secondly, Pandora should have a filtering system for that sort of filth.

Is there some way to block that kind of **ahem**, or do I have to resort to either just instrumental stations?

No warnings, no advance notice, just suddenly it's there.

Disgusting.  If I cannot find a way to fix it, I'll rethink Pandora.

TannerPandora

Hi @CWBillow I've moved your post to an existing thread, Hearing out of place tracks, to help keep things organized. 

I've looked at your station and found that you have added an errant seed, The Last Mr. Bigg, to that station. That's why you're hearing tracks that don't fit.

You can delete the bad seed by editing your station.

To do that:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  • If you're a Pandora Premium subscriber, hover the mouse over the station seed or Thumb you'd like to remove, then click on the ellipses and select Delete.  

• If you're a free listener or Pandora Plus subscriber, hover the mouse over the station seed or Thumb you'd like to remove and select Delete.

If you have trouble deleting this seed, let me know. 

0 Kudos

TomRiddle
Opening Act

@CWBillow I find it funny that while venting your frustration about hearing vulgar language that you appear to be using some sort of vulgar language yourself. Seems like the website has filtered these words out and replaced it with **ahem**.

I'm not sure what your content settings are, but you could double check and be sure that Explicit Content is disabled. It's in your Settings, Content Settings. 

He Who Must Not Be Named
0 Kudos

Jeffbee21
Underground

I've had the same problem. I have been building a station based on musical comedy: Weird Al, Tom Lehrer, Garfunkel & Oates, The Lonely Island, etc. And they keep playing stand-up comedy, and I thumb it down every time if it's not music. I've thumbed down about 20 Jim Gaffingan tracks, a dozen each of Aziz Ansari, Daniel Tosh, Dane Cook, etc. But they keep coming. I clicked "why this song" on the latest Jim Gaffigan track, and the window said, "We're playing this track because it features sick jokes, shouting, satirical observations, religious jokes and comedy from the 2010s." I don't want any one of those things on my station, I want music! Is there like a super-thumb-down I can give this track, since I am rejecting not just the track as a whole but each of its components individually?

And while we're at it, how many times can I thumb-down the same artist (with no thumb-ups) before Pandora stops playing them on a station? Because 20 Jim Gaffigan tracks is ridiculous. After 10 thumb-downs (and no thumb-ups), I would think you would get the picture. I have thumbed down over 300 stand-up comedy tracks, and I keep hearing stand-up comedy on a station where I have only thumbed up music.

AdamPandora

@Jeffbee21 Thank you for reporting this.

I have escalated you report to our engineers so that they can take a closer look at your stations. 🔎

Thank you for your patience. 

0 Kudos

Jeffbee21
Underground

Thank you for the attention. I was going to put this into a question directly to the Pandora support team, but I couldn't find a way to explain this clearly in 200 characters or less.

0 Kudos

CWBillow
Underground

Why, if I am supposedly listening to Arlo Guthrie or Bob Dylan, should I need to be repeatedly bombarded with "gangsta wrap" full of vulgarity and profanity?

I wrote Pandora, and they said it was a misdirected seed or feed on the station, and just give the song a thumbs down.

15 - 20 times a day?  Who is responsible for the station management and filtering?

Chuck Billow

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@CWBillow Sorry for the confusion.

The suggestion @TannerPandora provided was to delete the errant seed, The Last Mr. Bigg, on your station to prevent out of place tracks from playing again.

You can use the steps he provided in his previous message to delete that seed.

If you run into any issues with following those steps, you can contact our support team directly for further assistance through our help page.

Hope this helps clarify! 

0 Kudos

jdcrowe75
Local Performer

Why does the Merle Haggard station keep playing classical music in the mix? Can it be fixed?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jdcrowe75 thanks for posting to community! I've moved your post to an existing thread: "Hearing out of place tracks on station"

I see that you've deleted the 'Merle Haggard Radio' station, but I was able to peek at the station details and found that you have added an errant seed, Antonio Vivaldi, to that station. That's why you're hearing tracks that don't fit.

If you recreate the station, or if you find that this happens again, you can find steps on how to delete a bad seed(s) on your station from either your mobile device or the web by visiting @AdamPandora post here

Thanks for being part of community! ❤️

0 Kudos

Grasshopper
Local Performer

I’m trying to listen to Hair Bands Station. I’ve ONLY heard country for 4 days now????

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Grasshopper I had someone from our support team take a look at your Hair Bands Radio station, and it appears you've thumbed up a couple of tracks by Chris Stapleton.

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 7.24.26 AM.png

This is likely the reason country music has been playing on your station.

I recommend removing those thumbs up ratings to resolve this.

If country music continues to play on that station after removing those thumbs up ratings for Chris Stapleton, please reply back to this thread and let me know. 

0 Kudos

nielson_caetano
Opening Act

I had the same issue with the "Smooth Jazz" station on Pandora. A few songs that were out of place that appeared on the station were "Africa" by Toto, "ocean eyes" by Billie Eilish, "Magic" by Colbie Calliat, and others.

It sometimes had happened, but one time it was bad so I had to listen to the "Smooth Jazz Instrumental" station.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@nielson_caetano Thank you for reporting this.

I will have one of our engineers take a closer look at your Smooth Jazz Radio station to see what is going on.

In the meantime, please make sure to give a Thumbs Down to any out of place tracks you hear on that station.

Thanks for your patience.

twoolaver
Local Performer

I not like rap.  No offense to those who do.

I hit thumbs down about 20 time in a row and it keeps playing rap.

Sometime it give me a good mix which I like but more and more often I turn off Pandora and play Spotify

0 Kudos