cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing out of place tracks on station

Jkononchik
Local Performer

Why is it that every so often, somedays more often than others, if I’m listening to lets say Motown Radio or another station I’ll get some random song from Creedence Clearwater, Beatles, Eagles, etc. that has nothing related to the genre of that station that I am listening to? This drives me crazy. Is this the same with Pandora Plus?

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
370 Replies

AdamPandora

@Zil Nice to see around the community. 😄

I'm happy to look into this for you, but I'll need a bit more information first. Can you write me back with the following?

• The name of the station where this occurred.
  • The name(s) of the artist(s).
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s).
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Let me know, and I'll take a look.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

NMBruce
Underground

So what your saying is that we should not thumb up any song, if we don’t want cross music listing? 
1) that means you can not make a favorite playlist?

2) how can I remove all my thumb ups?

Plus for me, this is only happening on one channel, not all of them. 

thanks

Bruce

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@NMBruce I followed up with our engineers again on this, and they mentioned you actually gave a thumbs up to a country track on that station. 

Here is a picture of the track you thumbed up:

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 8.06.03 AM.png

I recommend removing that Thumbs Up you gave to that track, as well as any others you believe may be steering your station in the wrong direction.

For instructions on how to delete that thumb rating, check out this community thread: How to edit thumb ratings

In regards to your questions above, I actually advise you do the opposite - continue using the Thumbs Up/Down features to help guide your station into playing more of the music you actually want to hear.

Also keep in mind that Thumbs are station specific, so please feel free to Thumb Up and Thumb Down accordingly. Giving a Thumb rating on one station will not affect any of your other stations.

So even though you may like that track by Chris Stapleton, it would be better to actually give it a Thumbs Down on that station if you don't want to actually hear country music on that particular station. 

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

NMBruce
Underground

@AdamPandora.    thank You, I have removed a lot of favorites and all the C&W favorites and I will see what happens. 

Thanks

Bruce

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@NMBruce Always happy to help. 😄

0 Kudos

fierceone
Local Performer

I am experience the same problem. Today all my regular style music on a particular station started playing random techno, deephouse, and over 6 songs in spanish? I'd like someone to look at my station to see all the thumbs down I have attempted today to get back on track, at least 30+ songs so far thumbs down in the last hour.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Hi @fierceone 👋🏽,

I'm happy to look into this for you, but I'll need a bit more information first. Can you write me back with the following?

• Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

0 Kudos

fierceone
Local Performer

Believe it or not, it was not Pandora's fault. When linked to Alexa, apparently it duplicated the name of the station (when commanding an echo to play my existing station) and it started playing songs from an entirely different group/genre. I deleted it and all is well. Thank you. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Glad that worked out @fierceone👍🏻Let us know if you if you run into trouble again. 

Enjoy the tunes! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

MardukSunkittyI
Local Performer

Pandora obviously has more piano music than they know what to do with, for instance. I assumed this is a user-directed resource. The genome concept is an excellent idea, as long as there is no BIAS (money driven or otherwise). Some of my stations are apparently out of Pandora's depth of field. I would rather they play the same songs over again than insert piano jazz-oldies rock-japanese electro--etc. I'm guessing they get paid per play? That would kind of take the democracy out of the genome concept. I like Pandora. Please don't choke up any of my channels with surplus music that no one wants to listen to.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@MardukSunkittyI I'm happy to look into this for you, but I'll need some specific examples of this happening before I can do so.

The next time you hear an out of place track on one of your stations, can you please write me back with the following?

0 Kudos

DeeFabe
Local Performer

My station named "Rock" is continually playing country songs for the last few hours. I have thumbed down them all in a row. Had to watch adds to get skips to continue doing so. How do I stop this????????

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@DeeFabe Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

It looks like your Rock station was originally created as our 4th of July genre station, but was later re-named to Rock

Here is what I am seeing:

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 6.27.38 AM.png

If you would prefer to have a station that solely plays Rock music, I recommend browsing through various Rock genre stations here

You can also create a station based off of your favorite Rock artist/band/song and continue to craft the station using the Thumbs Up/Down ratings.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

ghostisoffline
Local Performer

its still happening, and ive grown tired of thumbs downing rap on my metal list

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@ghostisoffline I'm happy to look into this for you, but I'll need some specific examples of this happening before I can do so.

The next time you hear an out of place track on one of your stations, can you please write me back with the following?

• The name(s) of the Rap artist(s).
  • The title(s) of the Rap track(s).
  • Were you able to give the Rap track(s) a Thumbs down?

0 Kudos

TheDragonsDesig
Underground

So, im getting thumbs from my hiphop playlist appearing about 40% of the time in my dubstep playlist

Also getting various other channels bleeding into my accapella playlist

Anyway to prevent this besides actively thumb downing any thumbs up from all other channels (tedious and redundant)

Or should i avoid thumbing up anything, and look for a more customizable music platform?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@TheDragonsDesig I moved your post to this thread to keep the Community organized.

To clarify, thumb ratings are station specific - so rating a track with a thumbs up/down on one station won't actually affect your other stations.

This being said, it does sound like you are running into an issue with unwanted tracks playing on one of your stations.

I'm happy to look into this further, but I'll need some specific examples of this happening before I can do so.

• The name(s) of the hip hop artist(s).
  • The title(s) of the hip hop track(s).
  • Were you able to give the hip hop track(s) a Thumbs down?

0 Kudos

mismsoona
Local Performer

What happened to my Hipster Cocktail Party play list? I hate just about every song on it now. I can't give them enough thumbs down.

0 Kudos

Virgosong
Local Performer

My saved stations/collections are all suddenly music that is totally unrelated. For instance, Pirates of the Caribbean Radio is playing country music.  And another instrumental music collection I had is now Rap.  ??? I am concerned that this is something Pandora has done to make us upgrade.  Not cool.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Virgosong, thank you for posting to community. 

I've moved your post to an existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

It looks like you have a several different Pirates of the Caribbean stations:

• Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl (Film Score) Radio
  • Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (Film Score) Radio
  • Pirates of the Caribbean Radio - added April 9th
  • Pirates of the Caribbean Radio - added August 15th

The station 'Pirates of the Caribbean Radio', created on August 15th , is based on a song by the country singer Caroline Jones. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 11.11.52 AM.png

This is why you're hearing country music on that station. If you've created this station by mistake, I would suggest you delete it to avoid confusion. 

I'm happy to take a look at the other station you mentioned. Just let me know the name of the station. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos