cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing out of place tracks on station

hornet02
Local Performer

Was taken here from another link that said that thread was closed and the issue resolved. For at least the last 3 days my kids Disney the lion king channel has been going way off channel. Lots of spiritual music, touching calm liquid mind,Enya, Neal Schon bandelero, Weird show tunes now where near associated with anything Disney. As a parent I’m concerned with other threads mentioning explicit songs showing up. 

Labels (2)
107 Replies

dltheisinger
Underground

Here's a sample (bottom image) of the thumbs downed songs for my 80s country station. I can't figure out what "seed" these are related to. I'm not in a special mode. I never thumbs up anything at this point because it's been a stable station for over a decade. This started 3-4 weeks ago and it's now every third song or so that's way off base. It is in fact happening again, literally right now, as I'm typing (top image, 5:51 pm). I'm able to thumbs down the tracks, but not really interested in babysitting the station in that way.

Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 5.52.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-04-06 at 5.50.39 PM.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for sending that over, @dltheisinger.

took a look at your 80s Country station, and can see the following out of place tracks showing in your screenshot above are being pulled from a song seed that you added - Looking For Love (In All The Wrong Places) by Marc Almond

• Promises, Promises by Naked Eyes
  • The Order of Death by Public Image Ltd
  • Haunted When The Minutes Drag (USA Edit) by Love And Rockets
  • Images Of Heaven by Peter Godwin
  • Chains of Love by Erasure
  • Stand The Pain by And One

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional artist that you added to your station:

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 4.34.55 AM.png

I recommend deleting that song seed to get your station back on track.

You can delete any of the bad seeds by editing your station.

To delete that bad seed from a computer:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

To delete that bad seed from a mobile device:

2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  5. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

Hope this helps!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

dltheisinger
Underground

Thanks. Are you able to see when that seed was added? I haven't edited the station in recent memory, so I'm curious why this issue just started.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@dltheisinger I'm not able to see the exact date the seed was added.

This being said, removing it from your station should resolve the issue.

If any other out of place tracks continue to play on your station, definitely continue to give them a thumbs down, and send me an additional screenshot so that I can further investigate.

In the meantime, enjoy the music!

0 Kudos

Actionrudie
Local Performer

Once in a while a channel goes completely off track and it's very hard to retrain it. Most recently my favorite channel that i had perfectly curated for years absolutely lost it's mind. Pandora still doesn't have a way to reset a channel either. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Actionrudie I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to
  • The date/time the out of place track(s) played
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

tommywimmer
Opening Act

Following up again.

I have just created stations based on the following songs, and I'm still getting the wrong genre:

Walk Away by Epidemic: This song is hard rock/post-grunge, but I'm getting rap music. https://www.pandora.com/artist/epidemic/epidemic/walk-away/TRwbPrmt7btj47Z

If Only Tears Could Bring You Back by Midnight Sons: This song is a pop ballad, but I'm getting folk rock.

https://www.pandora.com/artist/midnight-sons/ready-for-the-death-ride/if-only-tears-could-bring-you-...

No by Bulldog: This song is English-language blues rock, but I'm getting Spanish-language punk rock. https://www.pandora.com/artist/bulldog/ready-for-the-death-ride/no/TRckXvKf3bdn23Z

Dream by Forest for the Trees: This song is psychedelic trip-hop, but I'm getting folk music. https://www.pandora.com/artist/forest-for-the-trees/songs-from-the-underworld/dream/TRwq7xJXhJPv672

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@tommywimmer I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

It looks like you may have already deleted those stations.

This being said, if it happens again on any new stations you create, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

tommywimmer
Opening Act

Okay, I just updated my last post with a link to each song, and the artists in question.

Here are all my reports for April 12.

On "If Only Tears Could Bring You Back", I thumbed down two folk rock songs. I should be hearing pop ballads. https://www.pandora.com/station/90623949532038077

On "Dream", I thumbed down three folk-rock songs. I should be hearing psychedelic trip-hop. https://www.pandora.com/station/165932799453299381

On "Walk Away", I thumbed down the song "No Rearview" by Starlito, which is rap. I should be hearing 2000's rock music. https://www.pandora.com/station/4636058931488936819

On "No", I thumbed down the song "Morena Ai, Ai" by Bandalusa, which is a Portuguese song. I should be hearing English-language blues rock. https://www.pandora.com/station/4709632945335096179

All four songs should be re-analyzed for the Music Genome Project.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

Thanks for the detailed information, @tommywimmer.

I've escalated your feedback over to our curation team for further review.

Thanks for reporting!

0 Kudos

Princess6
Underground

The name of the station is OFFBEAT.

I will start listening again and provide the screenshot

Here is the requested screen shot

21FF513F-9EC4-4C22-BA41-DA3F2254EF6B.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Princess6 Thanks for following up.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

took a look at your Offbeat Radio station, and can see the holiday tracks are being pulled from an additional seed that you added: Christmas

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional artist that you added to your station:

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 4.15.13 AM.png

To resolve this, I've gone ahead and removed the Christmas seed from your station.

Let me know if you continue to experience issues with this down the line.

0 Kudos

wooper4000
Underground

Hey @AdamPandora Here is some information:

Station Name: Awesome Music
Date/Time: 4/14/2022 - around 10:34 AM EST
Name of out of place artist: Jordan Rowe, Them Dirty Roses
Title of out of place track: Mama Ain't Jesus (feat. Lainey Wilson), You Can't
Able to thumbs down: Yes
Listening mode: I don't believe so. Just listening to my normal station I created.

wooper4000_0-1649947406150.png

I hope this helps.

-Mark G.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@wooper4000 Thanks for following up with that information.

took a look at your Awesome Music station, and can see the out of place tracks you mentioned are being pulled from a song seed that you added - Theme (From "Critical Role") by Jason Charles Miller

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional track that you added to your station:

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 7.48.45 AM.png

I recommend deleting that song seed to get your station back on track.

You can delete any of the bad seeds by editing your station.

To delete that bad seed from a computer:

2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

To delete that bad seed from a mobile device:

2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  5. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

Hope this helps!

Princess6
Underground

Thank you so much. Evey time I tried to remove it, it would delete the entire station. 

thank you again

AdamPandora

Always happy to help, @Princess6.

Enjoy the music! 🎶

0 Kudos

wooper4000
Underground

Son of a biscuit eating bulldog! Thank you so much.

AdamPandora

Always happy to help, @wooper4000.

Enjoy the music! 😎

0 Kudos

mas1
Local Performer

Agree completely.  I have the exact same issue.   10+ years of curating by thumbs up and down suddenly lost.  I listen to 'Classical for Studying' while I'm working.  So upsetting that all those years of work to get rid of the stuff I seriously disliked, and here more of what I love - has been lost.  The curation was the only reason I hadn't switch to Spotify.    Does anyone know how to recover this?????

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@mas1 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos