cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing out of place tracks on station

hornet02
Local Performer

Was taken here from another link that said that thread was closed and the issue resolved. For at least the last 3 days my kids Disney the lion king channel has been going way off channel. Lots of spiritual music, touching calm liquid mind,Enya, Neal Schon bandelero, Weird show tunes now where near associated with anything Disney. As a parent I’m concerned with other threads mentioning explicit songs showing up. 

Labels (2)
107 Replies

Ryversylt
Local Performer

I have a similar but more extreme issue. I have an EDM station with a lot of Dubstep and then suddenly it started playing soul and R&B. I have thumbed down about fifty songs just on this station and all in the last few months. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Ryversylt I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• The name of the station you were listening to
  • The date/time the out of place track(s) played
  • The name(s) of the out of place artist(s) on the station.
  • The title(s) of the out of place track(s) that played.
  • Were you able to give the out of place track(s) a Thumbs down?
  • Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Music + Podcasts

0 Kudos

Ski59
Local Performer

It’s happened to me too and I’m about ready to find a different station. Not only did they take away ALL of my regular songs, they have completely changed the genre! Now all I hear is Country which I don’t like at all. They used to play such good music it was like they were reading my mind but now it’s the opposite. It feels like some spiteful brat is at the controls and being very vindictive! I don’t enjoy Pandora anymore. If I keep hitting thumbs down then they shut down the station all together and tell me to choose another one. Very frustrating!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Ski59 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

The next time it happens, please give the out of place track that plays a thumbs down and write us back with the following:

• Were you listening using a Pandora Mode like Crowd Faves, Discovery or Deep Cuts?

Also if possible, please grab a screenshot of the out of place track that plays, and send that in a reply to this message.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

tlehn6
Local Performer

My pandora stopped yesterday and for a couple of hours kept telling me it couldn't load any of my channels. Once it did, it changed my 70's and 80's station to all instrumental stuff, that isn't even from the 70's and 80's. PLEASE change it back.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@tlehn6 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

Alturk8tion
Local Performer

I've had Pandora for **ahem** near 15 years and now all of my stations including one that's almost just as old, are having bleedover from other stations, badly. Pandora is pulling thunbed up songs from my other stations and trying to play them on completely unrelated stations.

Example: I have a Bullet For My Valentine station I haven't liked and added songs to for years because it's pretty perfect now and yet, I just had Marshmello who is an EDM artist bleed over into it with a song I thumbed up on his station "Marshmello Radio". But I only made that station maybe 4 years ago so there's no reason it should bleed into my BFMV station. I'll go through 20 dislikes before I get a single thumbed up song from my station out of the 200+ thumb ups when it used to play a thumbed up song if it got too many dislikes in a row. This is definitely a Pandora problem, not a thumbing issue.

When will Pandora actually fix this? It's getting harder to stay a *paid* Pandora member when EVERY station is doing this and I'm not getting what I pay for. It's always thumbed up songs from a different station no matter what station I listen to. Is this in the works over at SiriusXM *cough* I mean Pandora, or what?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Alturk8tion I took a look at your account, and do see multiple tracks by Marshmello played on 05/07/22, however none of the tracks actually played on your Bullet For My Valentine Radio station.

All of those tracks by Marshmello on that date were playing on your Sullivan King Radio station.

If any out of place tracks play on your Bullet For My Valentine Radio, please grab a screenshot and send it in a reply to this message.

I'll be happy to take a closer look from there.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Ryversylt
Local Performer
I have not listened to that station since making the mention on your forum. Instead what I did was create a new station using the artists I actually like as seeds. I will likely be deleting the old station since the new station is behaving. Here is a sample of the artists I have thumbed down. I meant to reply to this earlier, but I only think about the issue when I hear a song that really takes me out of my flow, and, as I said, I have been happy with my new station.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Ryversylt It sounds like you are enjoying the new station you have created.

If you'd still like me to look into the original EDM station you reported, please try re-attaching the screenshot in this thread again.

You will need to open this thread in a browser in order to attach an image - you won't be able to do so via email:

Screen Shot 2022-05-11 at 8.48.30 AM.png

Otherwise, you are more than welcome to continue listening to the new station you created instead.

0 Kudos

davidjharris123
Opening Act

Why does this weird, Japanese sounding, electronica anime music get played?  It has no relation to any of my stations or song seeds and it's horrible.  Is this a countermeasure for skipping too many songs?  It happens on both the browser and IOS.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@davidjharris123 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos

burgertime
Opening Act

Hey, I'm back...today's horribly wrong song:

Station name - Saltarello

Date/time - 5/16/22 at 1:40 pm

Artist & song name - Kendrick Lamar, "Purple Hearts"

Thumbs Down - Yes, couldn't click it fast enough!

Station mode - normal

Screenshot of the song, and the "related artists" which have nothing to do with Dead Can Dance, Azam Ali, Thievery Corporation, etc that normally play on this station.Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

tommywimmer
Opening Act

I'm following up with the four songs that I requested, and the problem still isn't solved:

No by Bulldog: This song is English-language blues rock, but the similar songs are all pop or Spanish rock. https://www.pandora.com/artist/bulldog/ready-for-the-death-ride/no/TRckXvKf3bdn23Z

Walk Away by Epidemic: This song is hard rock, but the similar songs are all rap. https://www.pandora.com/artist/epidemic/epidemic/walk-away/TRwbPrmt7btj47Z

Dream by Forest for the Trees: This song is psycchedelic trip-hop, but the similar songs are all folk music. https://www.pandora.com/artist/forest-for-the-trees/songs-from-the-underworld/dream/TRwq7xJXhJPv672

If Only Tears Could Bring You Back by Midnight Sons: This song is a pop ballad, but the similar tracks are all alternative rock. https://www.pandora.com/artist/midnight-sons/ready-for-the-death-ride/if-only-tears-could-bring-you-...

Could you please forward these songs to the Music Curation team and have them analyzed for the Music Genome Project?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

I'll check in again with our curation team about these, @tommywimmer.

Thanks for your patience!

0 Kudos

amandagois
Local Performer

I have my own created station and like all of my favorites, but about 6 times per hour "Metalcore" bands pay.  I hate Metalcore.  I keep thumbs down-ing this music, but is continues to occure.  How else to I get rid of this musice from my favorite station.  "Amanda Gois Radio" is my station.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@amandagois I moved your post over to this existing thread: Hearing out of place tracks on station

I took a look at your Amanda Gois Radio station, and can see the out of place tracks are being pulled from a song seed that you added: Teenage Wasteland by Ligeia

Here is a screenshot of where I am seeing the additional artist that you added to your station:

Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 4.15.33 AM.png

You can delete any of the bad seeds by editing your station.

To delete that bad seed from a computer:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Click on the name of the station you'd like to edit. This will take you directly to the station's "backstage page." 
  3. Hover the mouse over the station seed you'd like to remove and select Delete.

To delete that bad seed from a mobile device:

1. From My Collection, visit your station list.
  2. Tap on the name of the station you'd like to edit.
  3. This will start your station, so tap the the Thumb icon in the upper right corner of your screen to continue to the station's backstage page.
  4. From the station's backstage page, tap on the Edit icon (the small pencil to the left of the play icon) to edit your station, and scroll down to Station Created From.
  5. Remove this "bad seed" by tapping the small (X) beside that item.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@burgertime I've passed your feedback along to our engineering team so they can help look into this further.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

scQue814
Diamond in the Rough

Pandora ~ 

I've been a member for well over 10 yrs--13 yrs, iirc.  Why do you keep deleting my station seeds?!? 

I have curated my stations over years to be what I'm looking for. Suddenly, my "Disco" station--which, granted, I didn't use much during covid--no longer has that beegees feel it used to. And when I went to the station details, I could see that all of my seeds were gone.  My thumbs remain. But my seeds that helped steer that station where it needed to be no longer sounds at all like disco.  (it sounds like a white people version of r&b--soulless and blasee.  I need to clarify that as I white person, I'm highly offended!) 

Stop deleting our station seeds and thumbs, randomly at your whimsy. 

Let me be clear: I am aware that many people find the beegees to be offensively "White". But I'd tweaked this station to be a very careful mix of beegees-style disco and that funky, donna summer inclusivity. What I get when I listen is downtempo and sleepworthy--which embodies neither of the artists I've mentioned!

And don't give me some "This is a feature that Pandora does not currently offer" nonsense.  Pandora should never just get to change the game and then tell us we're crazy for asking for such a thing. 

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@scQue814 What is the name of the station where the variety you added is now missing?

Let me know.

0 Kudos