cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine/merge stations

zenrn71
Local Performer

Do you know of a way I can combine two or more stations together?  I have several stations that are so similar I want to combine them.  Thanks

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@zenrn71 Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

Unfortunately, there isn't currently an option that allows you to merge two stations together.

I'm sure this is something many other users would be interested in seeing as well. Please upvote this existing idea: Ability to merge/split stations 

In the meantime, I recommend utilizing the Shuffle feature - what you can do is edit your shuffle mix to only include certain stations during your listening session. In a sense you would be "merging" the stations together, as Pandora would only be playing music specifically from those stations you include.

Customizing Shuffle Stations from a computer:

Stations with a blue shuffle icon will be included in the Shuffle rotation. Clicking on that icon will remove that station from your shuffle rotation.

You can customize the station included in your shuffle selection by:

• Hovering over the Shuffle On icon which will appear on the Now Playing screen which will reveal a pencil icon.
  • Clicking the pencil icon will bring you to the My Collection page.
  • Check or uncheck each station to modify your shuffle experience, either in the bottom right corner of each stations' album art, or (if you're using A-Z sorting) to the right of the station name.
  • Premium listeners can navigate more easily when customizing the shuffle experience, by sorting the stations by Recent (date added), A-Z (alphabetical) or Time Listened using the caret on the far right of your screen.

Hope this helps! 😎

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@zenrn71 Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

Unfortunately, there isn't currently an option that allows you to merge two stations together.

I'm sure this is something many other users would be interested in seeing as well. Please upvote this existing idea: Ability to merge/split stations 

In the meantime, I recommend utilizing the Shuffle feature - what you can do is edit your shuffle mix to only include certain stations during your listening session. In a sense you would be "merging" the stations together, as Pandora would only be playing music specifically from those stations you include.

Customizing Shuffle Stations from a computer:

Stations with a blue shuffle icon will be included in the Shuffle rotation. Clicking on that icon will remove that station from your shuffle rotation.

• Hovering over the Shuffle On icon which will appear on the Now Playing screen which will reveal a pencil icon.
  • Clicking the pencil icon will bring you to the My Collection page.
  • Check or uncheck each station to modify your shuffle experience, either in the bottom right corner of each stations' album art, or (if you're using A-Z sorting) to the right of the station name.
  • Premium listeners can navigate more easily when customizing the shuffle experience, by sorting the stations by Recent (date added), A-Z (alphabetical) or Time Listened using the caret on the far right of your screen.

Hope this helps! 😎

0 Kudos

hha225
Underground

I've been asking for this feature for 8 years now.  I recently became a member in order to support my favorite business.  Would you all reconsider adding this option please?  I am going to start doing it manually but want to ask before I begin the tedious process. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @hha225. 👋

Thanks so much for your feedback about this.

Looks like there is now a suggestion for this option here: Ability to merge/split stations 

To upvote this idea, please click on the ❤️ icon next to the title of the idea.

Hope to see you around the community more often! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

MrCḩuckles
Local Performer

I would love this feature, but it may be difficult to implement because of how station are built? You can get the same results with Playists. Search a playlist e.g. your staion's thumbs up, and create a new playlist from that. You can add more playlists from other stations to that playlist.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nice suggestion, @MrCḩuckles. 👍

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

EricBrooks
Underground

I need this functionality because I have stations that I created using the desktop app, but the desktop app for some reason, stopped recognizing the station so I had to create them again (most recently Dlck Dale) but the app only recognizes the new one even though they both have the same exact name.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EricBrooks Sorry to hear that. We've made a small change that should help.

Please try again and confirm if the correct station is now showing for you.

0 Kudos

MusicFan7162
Local Performer

We use 2 Mood Media boxes to play music for our resort. It would be nice to be able to merge a few stations together so they play a variety of music rather than having to create a schedule to jump between genres. 

Do you have any easy way to do this? I'd like to have the curated Pandora stations for Country & Rock be one station somehow. But when you look at those stations you can't add variety to them. Or add them to other stations that have the Add Variety option. 
This seems like something that should have been fixed a long time ago.

Also what ever was suggested about shuffle wouldn't work for the mood media boxes. But either way I don't even see shuffle on my personal Pandora account on the web browser version.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @MusicFan7162 Welcome to community.

Happy to help assist with any questions you may have.

Unfortunately, merging stations is currently not a feature. There is a post about this feedback in our Ideas board. If you haven't already, feel free to give it a vote - Ideas: Ability to merge stations.

For genre stations like, Country Radio and Rock Hits, these are curated by Pandora, and they behave a bit differently than your own personalized stations. Because of this, you won't be able to add variety since this could alter the listening experience and inspire music outside of the scope of intended genre.

Shuffle should be an available feature for your Mood Media devices and your personal account. The experience is a little different for both. I can help to explain.

For your personal account, if you're listening from web, you can use the following steps to shuffle:

Shuffling from the Now Playing screen:

• Free ad-supported or Plus listeners can find the option to shuffle your stations above the station list on the left side of the

Shuffling from the My Collection page:

• Free ad-supported or Plus listeners will first sort the collection by Stations and then select Shuffle Stations.
  • All tiers can switch between Shuffle All and a custom shuffle: just click the carat (down arrow) on the Shuffle On icon and choose either Shuffle All or Custom.

Customizing Shuffle Stations:

• Hovering over the Shuffle On icon which will appear on the Now Playing screen which will reveal a pencil icon.
  • Clicking the pencil icon will bring you to the My Collection page.
  • Check or uncheck each station to modify your shuffle experience, either in the bottom right corner of each stations' album art, or (if you're using A-Z sorting) to the right of the station name.

To exit Shuffle, simply select and play an individual station.

++

Mood media works a little differently. Instead of Shuffle, you should see a QuickMix station. You can use this to shuffle stations on your Mood Media devices.

In order to select stations to shuffle for your Mood Media device, you'll need to log into the account on a web browser. Once logged in, you can use the steps above to customize your shuffle experience.

The changes made on web should reflect on your Mood Media devices. Keep in mind, any changes made in Shuffle may take up to four songs to refresh and update.

Hope this helped to explain.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

MusicFan7162
Local Performer

As you can see in the picture, QuickMix is playing. I don't see any way to edit your quickmix.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MusicFan7162 You'll need to log into your account here in order to select the stations you want to include in shuffle mode. 

You can use the steps @TannerPandora provided above to edit your shuffle selections once you are logged into our website.

The changes you make on our website should then reflect on your Mood Media devices. Keep in mind, any changes made in Shuffle may take up to four songs to refresh and update.

Hope this helps!