cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to listen to an artist's entire catalog

Hebrews12v2
Local Performer

So yesterday I broke down and decided to go "Premium" because I wanted better control of selecting specific Artists and their ENTIRE music catalogs. I had hopes of making better "Stations" to enjoy the multiple genre's of music I listen to.

It is ridiculous to me that the way Pandora wants you to add an artist is by selecting a single or album to "add" to my collection. But then you have no way of listening to that Artist's entire music catalog, or functionally adding ALL their music to a "Station".

It is WAY TOO difficult to do this when other music services make this a basic function. I don't want to LITERALLY add thousands of albums, singles, from hundreds or thousands of artists that I have been listening to on Pandora for last 12+ years.

It took me many years and adding or deleting stations to get a semi-decent shuffle of genres and artists while using the basic paid version of Pandora. I had hoped that going premium would offer advantages that I didn't have with the basic paid level of service.

It does not look like their is any "EASY" way of doing what I want, and in reality, I would have to add thousands of artists etc to get what I already have done with the basic paid version.

I most likely will have to drop Pandora entirely after my paid 6 Month trial of "Premium" is done.  It is just too frustrating to add so much to get what should be so much simpler........

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hebrews12v2 Rather than creating a playlist, or manually collecting all of an artists catalog, I believe you would benefit from using the Artist Only Mode instead.

When switching to this Mode, only songs from the artist headlining your station will play. (Please note: You may hear songs from other artists if you have added variety to a station.)

Here is a screenshot of where this Mode is found:

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 11.25.00 AM.png

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Hebrews12v2 Rather than creating a playlist, or manually collecting all of an artists catalog, I believe you would benefit from using the Artist Only Mode instead.

When switching to this Mode, only songs from the artist headlining your station will play. (Please note: You may hear songs from other artists if you have added variety to a station.)

Here is a screenshot of where this Mode is found:

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 11.25.00 AM.png

Hope this helps!

Hebrews12v2
Local Performer

I appreciate your help, but that isn't the way to create the Artist collection I am trying to do. I want "Everything" from artists of my choices from multiple genres that I can create my own "station".  The reasoning is that I may not have heard everything from an artist that they have, but I love the artists work, and I want to hear everything, as part of the mix of all the other artists I listen to, from MULTIPLE Genres.

I listen to Christian, Classic Rock, Country. Bluegrass, Jazz, Blues etc. in a total mix. I want to add artists I enjoy to this mix with ALL their music.  My current station mix does not do this, nor allow it.

I had hoped PREMIUM would allow that, but it does not allow you to select everything by artist, you have to add singles, albums, etc individually to your "Collection" which is an improbable task, as I started doing that a little last night and realized it would literally take me YEARS to do that for each of the hundreds or artists I enjoy from the multiple genres I enjoy.

It makes no sense, just like when I thumbs up a song, if you listen to a different station, your thumbs up doesn't count. Nothing is artist centric! I consider this bad program logic.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for your feedback, @Hebrews12v2.

While there isn't a way to currently bulk add an artist's entire collection to a station/playlist, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request if you'd like to see it added to the service: Bulk Add / Edit / Search Content (Stations, Playlists, Thumbs)

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Community! 

trjonas
Opening Act

AdamPandora, you rock! I searched for an answer to my question (how to shuffle an artist's songs without having to add each song individually to a playlist), which is different than Hebrews 12v2's issue, and your answer to them answered *my* question. Your instructions were exactly what I was hoping for! They worked perfectly.

Thank you for your answer. God bless!

Tiffany

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@trjonas Woohoo, happy to hear it! 

Enjoy the music! 😎

0 Kudos