Local Performer

Why can’t pandora play a full album like spotify

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @tquartuccio!

I moved your post to My Collection board to keep the community tidy.

Ad-supported Pandora and Pandora Plus are designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you already know and love. You can type in your favorite artist or song and music that is similar to your selection will play on your station.

If you're interested in listening to a song or album on-demand, we do offer a solution through Pandora Premium subscriptions and complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium

Hope this information is helpful.

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

99 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @tquartuccio!

I moved your post to My Collection board to keep the community tidy.

Ad-supported Pandora and Pandora Plus are designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you already know and love. You can type in your favorite artist or song and music that is similar to your selection will play on your station.

If you're interested in listening to a song or album on-demand, we do offer a solution through Pandora Premium subscriptions and complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium

Hope this information is helpful.

View solution in original post

acoleman1934
Local Performer

I am doing a search and find an album to add to my collection. However, the album may have 23 songs, but only plays one of the songs. Why is this?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

ErickPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@acoleman1934 Thanks for joining the Pandora Community! It's great to see you participating.

Can you send me a screenshot of the album that you're attempting to play? That will be helpful for me to provide you with some more context.

In the meantime, although the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be played without restrictions, you may encounter a portion of songs that are labeled "Radio Only." Due to our current licensing agreements, you won't be able to play these songs on-demand or offline. This also means that any track labeled as "Radio Only" cannot be added to custom playlists. 

In the meantime, you can start a station based on that artist or that particular song. That station will feature other artists and songs similar to it.

Erick | Community Manager

0 Kudos

Buoymaster
Local Performer

I have the same issue and have for a very long time. Dosent matter what full album I want pandora to play, after 3 or 4 tunes, it diverts back to a station I had on. I might have had the station on a week agao or months ago. Seems something isnt right. I cant subscribe if it's going to do this. My buddy dosent have a subscription and his will play entire albums. 

AdamPandora

@Buoymaster It sounds like you are enabling free sessions of Pandora Premium when attempting to stream an album.

There's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience.

Because of that, we're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate.

We'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience.

Thanks for being a part of the community!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

imthenachoman
Local Performer

I have Pandora Plus. When I go to play a playlist that has 41 songs ("Mother Goose Club's Greatest Hits!") it asks me to "Watch a short ad to listen in Pandora Premium." I click "Play Playlist", it plays a short ad, and then it starts the playlist.

The problem is, it only plays a few songs and then exits out of the playlist and goes back to playing what I was playing before I started the playlist.

Is there a way to fix this? I would like to start the playlist and have it play all 41 songs.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Haverfordwest
Opening Act

@imthenachoman sounds like your Premium session ends after a few songs. Not sure if this can be adjusted, playlists are a Premium subsciption feature. Sounds like this might be a feature request for Plus users. Let a playlist finish before kicking you out of the premium session.

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @imthenachoman

I moved your post over to the Subscription board to keep the community tidy.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

We're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate. 

Keep in mind, we will automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience.

++

@Haverfordwest is right, playlists are a feature of Pandora Premium.

However, Plus subscribers can initiate complimentary sessions. You can find out more about Pandora Premium sessions here

If you'd like to take full advantage of playlists by upgrading to Premium, feel free to do that here.

cjohnson18365
Local Performer

i upgraded to a plus version and it still not letting me listen to songs that i want- 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @cjohnson18365 thanks for posting to community!

With Pandora Plus, listeners have:

• Ad-free music;

• Unlimited skips;

• The ability to replay songs;

• The option to download radio stations for offline listening.

On the other hand, Pandora Premium subscribers receive all the same benefits, as well as on-demand control.

So Pandora Premium subscribers can:

• Listen to songs or albums on-demand;

• Create custom playlists;

• Download songs, albums or playlists for offline listening;

• Access Higher Quality Audio;

• Queue content to keep the music playing.

For more information about Pandora's subscription tiers, I recommend visiting our help page here

Hope this helped to explain. Thanks for being part of community. 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

Jflick90
Local Performer
My collection has disappeared along with all the songs i added to a playlist and now pandora wont play more than 6 songs before it shuts off...is anyone else having this issue???
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Jflick90 I moved your post to this thread as it sounds like you are running into a similar issue.

I had someone from our support team take a look at your account to give more context around what is happening.

They mentioned you have initiated multiple sessions of Pandora Premium - if you accept a complimentary Premium Access session of Pandora Premium from Pandora (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Pandora Plus experiences. 

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists, or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience.

If you're eager to jump back into Pandora Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on our upgrade page

I hope this helps explain! Please let me know if you'd like further information about how to create playlists (or otherwise navigate) Pandora Premium.

imthenachoman
Local Performer

So then the message where it asks if you want to watch a video is misleading. It doesn't say you'll only be able to listen to a few songs. That message should be updated to make it more clear for users. Because otherwise I thought Pandora is buggy which makes me not want to upgrade to a premium subscription. 

0 Kudos

Redlips7
Local Performer
the songs quit on a album when only one has played. what can I do to continuous play albums?

AdamPandora

@Redlips7 Our support team has taken a look at your account and have confirmed that you are currently signed up for the free service.

For more information on why this is happening, take a look at my post above.

Thanks for being a part of the community! 🎶

0 Kudos

denishadaniel
Local Performer

Why can't I listen to songs or playlist without first watching a video first for premium. If I try to play a song from a playlist it wants me to watch a video for premium and if I dont click to start free trial the songs wont play. I don't want to be forced into paying for premium

mod edit: changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @denishadaniel it's not currently possible to listen to most content "on-demand" through ad-supported Pandora or Pandora Plus.

If you would like to listen to a song or album on-demand, we do offer a Pandora Premium subscriptions and complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium. This service combines our industry leading radio service with on-demand listening.

You can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand. 

You can use this link to learn more about upgrading to Pandora Premium. 

Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

JoanLorraine
Local Performer

When attempting to listen to a full album, I listen to the ad and then it only plays one song on the album. The problem is not that there is only one song available. Because I have gone back and listen to the ad again and then it starts over on the next song. If you’re going to advertise I can listen to the whole album if I listen to one ad and then only play one song that is very deceptive. It is definitely given  me a frustrated feeling about Pandora

manahana
Local Performer

I am unable to listen to more than 2-3 songs from an album. Is this what I should expect for my Pandora Plus subscription??

0 Kudos