tquartuccio
Local Performer

Why can’t pandora play a full album like spotify

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
99 Replies

CGS
Underground

I’m very frustrated with this. It let me make one playlist (I’m not a premium member) not knowing it wasn’t a premium thing. I now have one playlist of three songs that I can’t edit. I’m very mad and would like to have one playlist with more than three songs. 😞

Could possibly reset that or help me somehow?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@CGS The ability to create and edit playlists is only an option with a Pandora Premium subscription.

If you would like to listen to edit any collected playlists you've created previously, we do offer a solution through Pandora Premium subscriptions and complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium. This service combines our industry leading radio service with on-demand listening.

Use this link to learn more about upgrading. Alternatively, you can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand.

Hope this helps!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

CGS
Underground

It does! Thank you very much!

AdamPandora

Always happy to help. 😁

Hope we continue to see you around the Community!

0 Kudos

MusicFan0001234
Local Performer

After years of being a Pandora subscriber, I am cancelling my subscription because it turns off every 20 minutes. Why did Pandora start doing this? 

Super Frustrating! All my Playlists are on the platform!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@MusicFan0001234 I moved your post over to the existing thread: How to listen to music on-demand with Free/Plus account

It looks like you enabled a couple of complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium yesterday, which allows you to interact with an ad in order to listen to content on-demand.

Because these sessions are funded by advertisements, your account will return to your regular service automatically at the end of the session and you won't be charged any Premium fees.

This would explain why it the on demand content you were streaming stopped after certain intervals of time.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Mayahrachelle
Local Performer

When I go on My Collection I can't play the songs I collected, it just shows me the stations, why is that?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Mayahrachelle I moved your post over to the existing thread: How to listen to music on-demand with Free/Plus account

I had someone from our support team take a look at your account to give more context around what is happening.

They mentioned you initiated a complimentary session of Pandora Premium - if you accept a complimentary Premium Access session of Pandora Premium from Pandora (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Pandora Plus experiences. 

These Premium Access sessions allow you to collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience.

This would explain why you are no longer able to sort your collection by Songs.

If you're eager to jump back into Pandora Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on our upgrade page

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Mayahrachelle
Local Performer

Thank u

AdamPandora

Always happy to help, @Mayahrachelle.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

Becky5360
Local Performer

Hello, my Thumbs Up is also missing. Can you fix me too please?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Becky5360 I moved your post over to this thread to keep the Community organized: How to listen to music on-demand with Free/Plus account

To clarify, the My Thumbs Up playlist is only available when upgrading your account to Pandora Premium.

I had someone from our support team take a look at your account to give more context around what is happening.

They mentioned you initiated a complimentary session of Pandora Premium - if you accept a complimentary Premium Access session of Pandora Premium from Pandora (by interacting with an advertisement in order to listen to content on-demand), you'll automatically be transitioned into the Premium experience, which looks a little different from our radio-only or Pandora Plus experiences. 

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create playlists (such as the My Thumbs Up playlist), or collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

When your Premium Access session expires you'll be returned to your normal Pandora app experience, but we'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience.

This would explain why you no longer have access to your My Thumbs Up playlist.

If you're eager to jump back into Pandora Premium, you can always upgrade your account or check your trial eligibility on our upgrade page

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

SouthlandShadow
Local Performer

I signed up last night one time it showed all my collections and playlist, now Ive signed out troubleshooting and my saved music is not on my app!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@SouthlandShadow I moved your post over to the existing thread: How to listen to music on-demand with Free/Plus account

These Premium Access sessions allow you to create customized playlists, as well as collect songs or albums to listen to right away, rather than waiting to hear them play on a station.

This would explain why you are no longer able to view your customized playlists, or collected content for on demand listening.

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

Mike255
Local Performer

That was my interpretation as well. I had Premium and downgraded because all I wanted was shuffle stations and play on demand. How is

0 Kudos

Mike255
Local Performer

This is retarded...what am I paying 4.99 for?

0 Kudos

bluenolte
Local Performer

Hey Adam. I too have this problem. I’m on an iPhone 11, at&t. I pretty much use Safari for everything I do. If I don’t have to use an App I won’t. In this case I’m using Pandora.com. I have it set to Desktop Website which is only way Pandora will play. I can play stations no problem, but Pandora seems to not allow me to listen to my thumbs up. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@bluenolte  I moved your post over to the existing thread: How to listen to music on-demand with Free/Plus account

To clarify, it looks like your account is currently set up with the free service.

It's not currently possible to listen to most content "on-demand" through ad-supported Pandora or Pandora Plus.

If you would like to listen to your thumbed up tracks on-demand, we do offer a solution through Pandora Premium subscriptions and complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium. This service combines our industry leading radio service with on-demand listening.

Use this link to learn more about upgrading. Alternatively, you can start a complimentary session simply by searching our library for a song or album, and clicking play. This will trigger a short advertisement, after which you can enjoy content on-demand.

Ad-supported Pandora and Pandora Plus are designed to introduce you to new music through the artists and songs that you already know and love. You can type in your favorite artist or song and music that is similar to your selection will play on your station.

While these Pandora stations will learn what you like and don't like based on Thumbs feedback, it's not possible to predict exactly which song will play next. Only Pandora Premium offers users that level of control.

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos

Puchichi2002
Local Performer

using Pandora plus or pandora premium, Can I listen a full album?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Puchichi2002 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to listen to music on-demand with Free/Plus account

If you're interested in listening to a song or album on-demand, we do offer a solution through Pandora Premium subscriptions and complimentary sessions of Pandora Premium

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos