cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mode Option Disappears

Corbin
Underground

I applied the deep cuts mode to a particular station I created and it worked fine for about a day, but now the deep cuts option is no longer available on that station.  How can I get the deep cuts option back?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora

@CharlesRedd Thank you for reporting this.

Our engineers have taken a look and explained to me that certain Modes will disappear for 24 hours if an excessive amount of thumbs down ratings are given in that particular Mode.

They recommend you edit your station to remove some of those thumbs down ratings, and wait 24 hours.

With this all being said, they appreciate the feedback you've provided and will be looking into how this currently operates.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
86 Replies

AdamPandora

@Corbin Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is Deep Cuts the only option that is now missing for that station?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? (If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with some additional steps.)
  5. Lastly, what is the name of the station that option is missing from?

Thanks for all your help with this.

LORENEDEN
Local Performer

Hi,

Ive noticed that the mode "Newly Added" is no longer a option when listening to a station. This is on desktop and android app. Ive been listieng to the newly added mode for a while and since yesturday it is no longer an option. When googling the modes, it is still listed as an option, so I dont know if I did something or did they get rid of the mode? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Corbin
Underground

The issue appears to have been addressed since I can now get all of the modes on my stations (I checked them all).  But the issue appeared on both my PC and iphone (SE).  Deep cuts was not the only option missing - at one point Crowd Faves and Discovery were also missing.  No screenshot provided since I don't see the issue anymore, but I will if it happens again.  I have a number of self-created stations and the issue was occurring on several of them.  Thanks for your help.

CK

AdamPandora

@LORENEDEN What is the name of the station that option is missing from?

Also, did the option for Newly Released appear on that station previously, and now it is no longer there?

Or has that option never been available on that station?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

LORENEDEN
Local Performer

Hi @AdamPandora ,

This is missing from all stations. Originally, the "newly added" mode was one of the 6 options under the "tune your station". However, over the last couple of weeks, it appears then disapears from all my stations. I attached a picture below, it used to appear as a option in the black box with the other 5 mode options. I dont understand why it keeps appearing and dissapearing as an option daily. pandora.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@LORENEDEN It's likely that the Newly Released option was removed from your station as a result of the thumbs down ratings you provdied.

Try removing some of your thumbs down on that station, and waiting 24 hours before launching it again.

If that option is still missing from Pandora Modes 24 hours after removing the thumbs down ratings on that station, please make sure to reach back out and let me know. 

0 Kudos

stalphonzo
Local Performer

I too am having the same problem. All the options (Crowd favs, deep tracks, etc) were there yesterday morning. But have now disappeared across two different computers using two different web browsers (the only "app" I use is the Roku app and I haven't checked it since I rarely use it). I do all my listening via Firefox and Chrome on Windows 10 computers. I also cleared my cookies/history on one of the machines. Turned off add-blockers, etc.

I have 25 radio stations. Many of them have overalap in music. And I have recently downvoted a few songs these last few days. But I checked my classical music station to see if these options were present and they were not. And I haven't listened to any other station these last few weeks that would have played classical music, or did I downvote anything remote classical in nature.

I was *VERY* excited when I saw the deep tracks option. Very disappointed to see it gone now. Help!

AdamPandora

@stalphonzo What are the names of the specific stations Pandora Modes is missing from?

I'd be happy to look into that further for you.

Let me know.

0 Kudos

CharlesRedd
Underground

Recently on my Mystery Skulls station the "Artist Only" button is gone. This was my favorite new feature and the main reason I keep using Pandora, despite my friends trying to get me to use spotify. I've used spotify before and I heavily prefer Pandora to it and wanted to keep it that way so I'm just kinda disappointed that there's this fancy new feature, I watch 1 ad get only the artist I want for like 5-6 songs, but now it's suddenly gone; and it's suddenly gone on the only station I use it on, no less.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@CharlesRedd Our support team took a look at your account and station and were not able to reproduce this.

The Artist Only Mode should still be available for you on that station.

If you are still experiencing issues with this, try deleting the station, and re-adding it to see if that helps.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

CharlesRedd
Underground

Now that you've looked at my account the Artist Only button is magically back, thanks I guess lol.

0 Kudos

CharlesRedd
Underground

And again it's gone

0 Kudos

CharlesRedd
Underground

I'm afraid to delete the station to try and fix this in fears that it'll delete all my years fine-tuning the station to my taste. It is my station I use Artist Only on the most, but a good chunk of the time I also just let it play regularly because it's so fine-tuned that I can go up to 2-3 hours at a time without needing to skip a song because I like them all so much.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@CharlesRedd The next time the option is missing from your station, would it be possible to send us a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for all your patience with this! 

0 Kudos

CharlesRedd
Underground

unknown

0 Kudos

CharlesRedd
Underground

Meanwhile my AJR station has Artist Only still there, but Mystery Skulls has Newly Released in it's place. While it's cool that's a thing, I'm not interested in finding new stuff on my Mystery Skulls station as I use it to listen to mainly them.unknown

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@CharlesRedd Thank you for reporting this.

Our engineers have taken a look and explained to me that certain Modes will disappear for 24 hours if an excessive amount of thumbs down ratings are given in that particular Mode.

They recommend you edit your station to remove some of those thumbs down ratings, and wait 24 hours.

With this all being said, they appreciate the feedback you've provided and will be looking into how this currently operates.

Hope we continue to see you around the community! 🎶

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

ikeray
Underground

I've been thoroughly enjoying deep cuts, I've told all my friends and family about the option.  I've been listening to pandora since roughly 2001, and it revitalized my favorite station (my first created station).  But today, while in the car, I noticed that it was back to playing My Station and Deep Cuts is no longer an option.  My other stations all still have Deep Cuts available as a play mode.  Is this a limited time option for a channel or a premium feature being offered as a trial to non-subscribers?

This is both on the desktop app (windows10, chrome) and my Note8.

AdamPandora

@ikeray I'm happy to look into this.

What is the name of the station on your account where the Deep Cuts Mode is no longer an option?